NaTaS

Who is the one player you would erase from your teams history?

This is tough for me, I'm thinking Andre Rison but I'll need to put my thinking cap on and get back at this. We made him the highest paid WR in the league and he ended up 47 receptions, 701 yards and 3 touch downs and was released at the end of the season.

Definitely Tony Mandarich. I hate having to cringe every time I see a "Biggest NFL Busts Ever" reach the top 3, because he will undoubtedly be there. I am embarrassed that our scouting department bought all the media-drive hype.

Then I look at the rest of that years draft class, and I begin to feel sick.

The first two names that come to mind are Sabby Piscitelli and Dexter Jackson. Both were 2nd round draft picks and Jackson was afraid of getting hit and was released after 1 year, while Piscitelli couldn't make a tackle to save his life and was released after 2 or 3 years I think.

Definitely Tony Mandarich. I hate having to cringe every time I see a "Biggest NFL Busts Ever" reach the top 3, because he will undoubtedly be there. I am embarrassed that our scouting department bought all the media-drive hype.

Then I look at the rest of that years draft class, and I begin to feel sick.

You could have had Barry Sanders. Can you imagine - Bert Farve and Sanders on the same team??

You could have had Barry Sanders. Can you imagine - Bert Farve and Sanders on the same team??

No.. No I cannot. HAHA. What would have happened if Barry Sanders was actually able to win and not be embarrassed by the team he played for. :p

Directly taken after Mandarich.

Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, Deion Sanders. The Top 5 of the 1989 NFL Draft are all Hall of Famers... Except the guy we took. Like, that thought alone disgusts me.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Easy question for me, TO. He went from being a god in this town to stabbing us all in the back and making a mockery of our team and our organization. Funny thing is if he would have stuck around in Philly he would have NEVER been broke. He would have been a legend here forever whether he won the Super Bowl or not. He could have had local restaurants, TV spots, but the guy is a fucking moron lol.

Oh and btw, Green Bay fans can stfu. Half the hall of fame is filled with Packers. So you missed out on a couple, boo fucking hoo. Why don't you use all those lombardi trophies to dry your tears :dry:

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 2

no question and no explanation needed:

20080515jones.jpg

I was pissed when we drafted him and he did nothing to redeem himself, honestly, I think this is the easiest question I've answered on this board

• Upvote 1

Rae Carruth, no contest.

For the betterment of the Jags: R. Jay Soward.

Drafted in the first round in 2000, he played 13 games his rookie year, and those 13 games were the extent of his NFL career. He was suspended by the league for the first ten games of his second season, and then the Jags suspended him indefinitely after that.

In the end, I don't know how much a different first round pick would've helped the Jags in the early 00s, as they were beginning their decline at that time, but it certainly wouldn't have hurt.

For selfish reasons: David Garrard

04-06 were the most fun I've ever had watching an NFL team. If David Garrard isn't around, maybe Leftwich sticks around longer and so does the enjoyment...

• Upvote 1

Willis McGahee or Scott Norwood

Mike Rumph.

Willis McGahee or Scott Norwood

What? Willis a d bag, nobody will doubt that, but there's actually a debate on this question for you? I guess you wouldn't have been alive to live the glory that is winning a super bowl because it probably happened before you were born but man...are you serious?

Aaron Curry. I have other first round busts (Lawrence Jackson) but Curry was the 2nd highest drafted Seahawks player in franchise history, and was given a massive, massive contract with massive, massive expectations and exists in the black hole.

Ron Dayne, the biggest first round bust in Giants history. He and William Joseph.

Damn near everyone.

From 1999 on, right?

I know you're a young buck but we had some great players pre-1995.

From 1999 on, right?

I was watching some old school video on Jim Brown on youtube, and I was in a state of wow. Dude was a quicker and stronger Bettis... dude plowed his way into the endzone... great video to watch if you want to know about Browns best RB and possibly player in franchise history

• Upvote 1

From 1999 on, right?

I was a year old in 1995 so yeah we'll go with the new Browns.

Todd Blackledge. He was drafted before Jim Kelly and Dan Marino... Honorable mention to Larry Johnson, though. He turned out to be an asshat who set the team back years.

about Browns best RB and possibly player in franchise history

Not just franchise history but arguably in NFL history. I think he ranked #2 overall in the recent NFL top 100 players of all time. Jerry Rice was #1, deservedly so. He never rushed for a loss and never missed a game in his career. In 9 seasons he won 8 rushing titles and odds are if he didnt play the '62 season on a broken toe he would have won 9 of 9.

Fun Giant fact. Sam Huff told Jim Brown he stunk after stopping him for no gain on two plays in a row. JB responded by running 65 yards for a touchdown on the next play, then yelled "Hey Sam, how do I smell from here?"

• Upvote 1

Too many choices.....in the teams history Bo Jackson is probably the most embarrassing, Booker Reese is a close second.

In the time I've been a Bucs fan since around '95, I'd say Michael Clayton takes the torch for the worst. We've had plenty of draft busts and crappy players, but Clayton easily had the worst affect on the team during the time he was in Tampa. #15 overall pick, apparently forgot how WR was supposed to be played, was used as a starter for several seasons when he shouldn't have been, and somehow got the front office to give him over 10 million dollars in guaranteed money with a 5-year contract. Not only did he suck, he was an embarrassment to have on the roster.

Jerome McDougle 15th overall pick in 2003.DE out of Miami.We all though we would pick Pace or OSI,and worse case senerio some CB out of CAL Nnamdi Asomugha......but we got McDOUGLE for 5 years and i cant believe he lasted that long. Messed up part is that our fearless leader Andy Reid moved up to get this joker.and the part that bothers me the most is 9 years later we move up to 15 and get Fletcher Cox this year...Hopefully we dont see a repeat.

Hmmm if only we had a QB that has only started one full season and consistently looked as if he were playing for the other team while posting under 60.0 QB rating...Oh Yeah REX GROSSMAN