Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

Who's now the best athelete without a title?

Doesn't matter the professional sport...but now after Lebron has finally got his first ring...it raises an interesting question of what individual is next on the list that hasn't but should of won a title by now in his/her career.

Either Durant or Ovechkin.

Edit: or some baseball player I don't know of. Don't pay enough attention to baseball

Edit 2: Electric Boogaloo: Josh Hamilton would be the guy for baseball, right?

Edited by blotsfan

Football : Ed Reed (as far as player, when it comes to respect for him...meh), or Gronk/Graham.

MMA: To me the best have either had it or have them.

Hockey: Ovechkin

Basketball: Durant

the rest I am not knowledgeable enough to for an educated opinion.

For baseball: Josh Hamilton, Joey Votto,Cliff Lee, Felix Hernandez.

Edited by Sarge

I think it's a little early in Durant's career to put him in this conversation.

As far as the NFL goes: Ed Reed, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo.

• Upvote 2

I think it's a little early in Durant's career to put him in this conversation.

I don't. He's the 2nd best player in his sport and he doesn't have a title.

I don't. He's the 2nd best player in his sport and he doesn't have a title.

Yeah, but he hasn't been playing as long as those other guys. I know the title of the thread is just best athlete without a title, but no one really feels bad or likes to give the young guys shit about not getting it done yet. It took LeBron a long time to get his, he's been at the top of his game for a while and had a lot of chances.

This question is pretty easy for me, Philip Rivers, of the top QB's he's the lone one without a ring. Possibly Romo as well. There are quite a few in baseball to list.

Durant is 23 and OKC is still developing, which is scary. He's not on the list.

Football: Romo, Rivers, Ed Reed, Adrian Peterson

Basketball: Carmelo, Dwight

Baseball: Hamilton, Morneua

Football: Tony Romo, Philip Rivers

Basketball: Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant

NASCAR: Kyle Busch

I would say Kevin Durant but their are many superstar players in the NFL without a ring like Patrick Willis, Andre Johnson , Ed Reed, Larry Fitz, Darrelle Revis , etc.

I don't think Karl Malone or Gary Payton ever won one, those 2 belong on this list.

For football I'd say Adrian Peterson.

Gary Payton won one with the Heat.

Baseball: Morneua

I'm gonna pretend that that isn't suggesting that Justin Morneau is one of the two best Major Leaguers without a ring...

I'm guessing this is for athletes who are currently active. I think Melo is definitley someone who should be on the list if not #1. People call him arguably the best scorer in the NBA and has been in the league as long as Lebron. Also plays in a big market in New York.

I'm guessing this is for athletes who are currently active. I think Melo is definitley someone who should be on the list if not #1. People call him arguably the best scorer in the NBA and has been in the league as long as Lebron. Also plays in a big market in New York.

Isn't he a one-dimensional player, though? Dude can't play defense. Or doesn't like to, I don't think.

Mornea is damn near back to pre-concussion form. He's easily an all star first basemen if he gets completely back to where he was.

Morneau's a good player but putting him on a list with Josh Hamilton is hilarity.

• Upvote 2

I'll throw a curveball out there and say DeMarcus Ware. He's been arguably the best defensive player in the league for almost a decade now. Extremely consistent. Been a part of some real good teams. Just hasn't come together for him...yet *shudders* lol

Very hard question. In order to pick one I'd probably have to start with a list. Here's a brainstormed one...

Calvin Johnson

Prince Fielder

Josh Hamilton

Justin Verlander

Randy Moss

Ichiro Suzuki

Kevin Durant

Demarcus Ware

Arian Foster

Then its just a matter of who is the best from that list.

Edited by BC

There are a lot of players that are great in their sports and don't have a title yet but since we have to choose one player,I'd choose either DeMarcus Ware or Patrick Willis..Those two are the best defensive players in the game and they've been dominating opposing offenses for years..I might also put Justin Verlander in the discussion,as he's arguably the best pitcher in the MLB..

NBA - Its going to shift to Melo, he was apart of that class with Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Wade i know had one but Bosh has his. Melo is the one "superstar" in the NBA whos been around for a bit and still hasnt won a ring. Hes not Lebron but hes among the convo for best under neath. Dwight is up there too.

Football - Damn have to get back into football mode now. Andre Johnson or Philip Rivers would be my two. Andre has been at and near the top for a long time it seems. Rivers still has time to get his, if u have a top 10 QB on your team wih a solid cast, you normally have a chance.

I would also add AP in there but hes a RB. Best one though.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Melo has never been on a championship caliber team or had real championship expectations. For the NBA, the #1 guy without a ring who needs one is Dwight IMO. Yes, even over Durant. Dwight has been in the NBA longer (going into his 9th season), and is the most dominant center in the league in an era where good centers are rare. It is part of why he kind of wants out of Orlando, because Otis Smith cost him any chance of winning one here soon. Which really sucks as a Magic fan.