Omerta

Greatest FB Ever ?

I was just thinking this is a position that never gets any love and I wonder why. Probably because of Douche bag fuck tards like Heath Evans. That said who in your mind was the Greatest ? Lorenzo neal, Mike Alstott, Tom Rathman, Moose, John L Williams, Mack Strong ? Who is it.

And do not include FB's who played like a RB like Franco Harris, Marion Motley, Jim Brown and the like.

I would have to say Nagurski or Jim Brown but I guess that counts as the FB's who played like RB's.

But modern fullbacks you have to say Neal.

Edited by Barracuda

Mack Strong or Bronco Nagursky because their names are fucking sweet. :corn:

There are so many that never acquired rushing stats, then there are a lot that ran like halfbacks too. It's hard to gauge the "greatest" fullback ever when you can include the likes of Jim Brown, Lorenzo Neal, Franco Harris, Earl Campbell and John Riggins all together. They were all so different.

Lorenzo Neal is without a doubt the greatest blocking full back of all time, there's no competition when it comes to that. He only gathered a little over 800 yards rushing in his career. So, how do you argue he is the greatest FB all time with stats like that? Greatest blocking full back - definitely.

I guess it's only right to go with Jim Brown here.

Edit: Didn't see the part of your post where you said not to include guys that played like running backs! Sorry.

In that case, you can't argue against Lorenzo Neal. The guy led the way for Warrick Dunn, Eddie George, Corey Dillon, and LaDainian Tomlinson - All in their greatest years. How do you argue that.

Edited by Chris D

Mack Strong was a beast but if I'm not being a homer Lorenzo Neal and Mike Alstott were better. Kleinsasser is up there.

From a purely blocking perspective I would say Tony Richardson and Lo Neal are the best I can think of. When I think of versatile FBs that could run the ball, catch and block I think of Alstott and Nagusrky as being the best to ever do it.

Dan Krieder and Justin Griffith

Tom Rathman

Okay Bronco Nagursky

Lorenzo Neal comes to mind as the premiere FB.

I would say Neal, Alstott, or Richardson. But of those names, when I think FB, the first name I think is Alstott. Just an all around player who was a bull to take down.

• Upvote 1

I would say Neal, Alstott, or Richardson. But of those names, when I think FB, the first name I think is Alstott. Just an all around player who was a bull to take down.

Neal or Alstott are my two.

MARION MOTLEY... He can block, he can catch, he can run... Just rape rape rape.

But I shall be a good sport and go along with the thread by saying Lorenzo Neal is a fairly obvious choice. In my opinion.

• Upvote 1

I'm saying Alstott just because I love the guy. I can't wait for him to be put in the ring of honor at RayJay.

I'm saying Alstott just because I love the guy. I can't wait for him to be put in the ring of honor at RayJay.

Overdue.

Unless there is a mandatory waiting period.

I'm a fan of the more versatile FB's like Tom Rathman and Alstott. I think they have a bigger impact on their teams and represented the position well.

Guy's like Jim Brown were basically just a RB as you've said. A guy like Lorenzo Neal is nice to have but clearly is overrated as far as what type of impact he's had on teams. He wouldn't have been traded around if not, and when you really look into his career every 1,000+ yard RB he blocked for had seasons just as good before he joined and/or after he left those teams.

Edited by Shotgun