AllYouNeedIsLovie

Is Adrian Peterson back?

Didn't look like he lost much of a step yesterday against the Jags. The dude was running hard and with the same burst he used to have. You guys still think he can be a top 3-5 RB in the NFL?

Sure, why not. Runningback grade isn't the be all end all stat for runningback performance (it only covers a single facet of what they do), but he is currently 6th right now in that category. Still the same TD machine he used to be, and the Jags defense isn't bad.

I definitely think he's recovered nicely, and he was running extremely hard yesterday.

I think that when we finally see him break out to the edge and have to make a monster cut or stiff arm to avoid a defender, then that's when we will really know whether or not he's back.

I don't see why not.

I was simply amazed watching him yesterday. To see someone recover back into football shape from a torn ACL is impressive. He's one hard-working man that's for sure. Especially doing a celebratory hand stand at :52 in this vid.

Didn't look like he lost much of a step yesterday against the Jags. The dude was running hard and with the same burst he used to have. You guys still think he can be a top 3-5 RB in the NFL?

Adrian Peterson is a fucking machine!!! The best RB in the league!! If he doesn't reinjure himself, I still believe he will reign at the top of the RB list. We have to see how running the ball effects him week in and week out though.

and the Jags defense isn't bad.

It was yesterday.

I don't think he was ever "gone". AP is a straight up beast, and definitely still a Top 5 RB in the league.

Though I would have preferred him to sit this week, seeing as I started Gerhart over him in fantasy :laugh:

With all the advances in the medical profession ACL injuries are no longer what they used to be anymore. Baring another injury, AP is fine, and he picked up right where he left off.

Given that we have only been through 1 week of play, it's impossible to say for sure whether he is back or not. He played very well. Same goes for Manning. They both impressed, but will they hold up? I think so, but there is no telling after only one week.

• Upvote 1

Given that we have only been through 1 week of play, it's impossible to say for sure whether he is back or not. He played very well. Same goes for Manning. They both impressed, but will they hold up? I think so, but there is no telling after only one week.

I think back refers to "healed." Was there any possible way that he could have had that performance had he not been at least 85%?

It's insane how fast he has recovered and come back. I loved seeing him back on the field. It's amazing how much better the ACL medical procedure has increased. Hopefully my boy D Rose has the same luck :yep:

• Upvote 1

It's insane how fast he has recovered and come back. I loved seeing him back on the field. It's amazing how much better the ACL medical procedure has increased. Hopefully my boy D Rose has the same luck :yep:

Rose will be back, but not as quickly. Basketball is a totally different sport, there is a lot more strain on the players for the mere fact that they always have to be going. They don't get as many stops and breaks as the NFL guys do. Not that I'm saying the NFL guys have it easy, it's just a fact. Both sports are tough sports to keep up your stamina.

Yeah, I'm not expecting him back in the same time frame. Just hoping that he can come back as strong and as fast as before, like AP did this week.

He didn't quite look 100% to me. Very close though. He still showed great moves and cut fairly well but in the past he would have ran over some of those defenders that managed to bring him down. I have a feeling hes going to look even better against the Colts this week.

He didn't quite look 100% to me. Very close though. He still showed great moves and cut fairly well but in the past he would have ran over some of those defenders that managed to bring him down. I have a feeling hes going to look even better against the Colts this week.

All RBs look better against the Colts. :rofl:

Seriously though, was there ever any doubt that this guy would still manage to beast as soon as he got back onto the field? He's THE BEST. Flat out. Also, with the advancement in DRUGS over the years, guys are healing at a much faster rate...

• Upvote 1

I listened to the Colts game on the radio with PA calling, and I can't remember the name of the second guy. Either way, the second guy was going on and on about how AP didn't have the same burst this week, and yet every time they gave him the ball he seemed to go for 5 or 6 yards.

Teams have learned how to contain his long TD runs. I don't know what that guy expected, but AP hasn't consistently broken long TD runs for a few years, but he still runs all over people. He just doesn't do the Beast Mode run at least once every few games anymore, but that's defensive adjustment.

He's back, alright. As we all knew he would be.

I listened to the Colts game on the radio with PA calling, and I can't remember the name of the second guy. Either way, the second guy was going on and on about how AP didn't have the same burst this week, and yet every time they gave him the ball he seemed to go for 5 or 6 yards.

Teams have learned how to contain his long TD runs. I don't know what that guy expected, but AP hasn't consistently broken long TD runs for a few years, but he still runs all over people. He just doesn't do the Beast Mode run at least once every few games anymore, but that's defensive adjustment.

He's back, alright. As we all knew he would be.

Yeah. Teams have completely stacked the box ever since Favre left. The QBs we have had since Brett don't scare defenses so teams over commit to the run leaving AP almost no space. Hopefully our coaches will stop this dink and dunk offensive play calling and let Ponder loose to see if he can strike some fear in opposing defenses.