How good (or bad) is Joe Flacco

40 members have voted

1. 1. How good (or bad) is Joe Flacco

• top 10 talent
    • decent
    • average
    • below average
    • poor

You cannot seriously pin whether or not he is a top-10 QB on a single drive, and then claim that Ryan is better than him.

Flacco is better than Matty Ice, in my eyes.

No way. That's just crazy talk.

That being said, THE SKY IS FALLING!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! EVERYONE GET UNDERGR0UND!!!! FLACCO PLAYED LIKE SHIT!!! HE'S LOL FLACCO!!!!

Never know what this kid is gonna do. There's a reason I never bet on Ravens games. Reason, thy name is Flacco.

Joe Flacco seems to have the same syndrome that my QB has; The Jackal Hyde syndrome. You don't know which one you're going to get week to week. Same thing with Vick but Vick has it worse. Great QBs are consistent.

Wonder if Than still thinks Flacco is better than Ryan. :shifty:

Lol

Gotta love bringing up old debate threads during the regular season starts.

That would be a yes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Flacco was lucky the 9ers secondary and Chris Culliver in particular shit himself. Dude threw up prayer after prayer and they were all answered. Maybe Ray Ray was right and God was really on their side all along haha. He was better actually in the games leading up to the Super Bowl, but still the fact that he didn't throw an INT in the post season is astoundingly lucky. He threw a lot of dumb and erratic passes. Is he top ten? Maybe barely, is he elite? Hardly. The Ravens are going to be forced to give this guy pretty much whatever he wants and it's going to fuck them for a number of years, but I doubt they care. They just won a Super Bowl. Neither would I frankly. The Eagles have a fuck load of cap and nothing to show for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Bump.

Opinions change?

If by from wildly inconsistent to average...yes.

• Upvote 1

Joe Flacco is average after THAT postseason. LOL. You're looking at average in #2, ATL.

Fucking Christ. Give this kid some damn credit for balling his ass off.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He's good. Not great. Top 10, and fosho a franchise QB, but I wouldn't expect him to ever put up truly prolific numbers unless he gets a squad like Matty Ice in ATL.

• Upvote 1

Joe Flacco is top ten. Don't think that can be denied. Superbowl MVP was incredibly deserving considering he tied Montana's most TD's without an INT record. I've always believed in him and while he's not currently on the level of the truly elite in terms of numbers, he delivers when it counts especially in the playoffs. I think this is the hump he needed to get over to give him the confidence he needs to be considered to be in the same conversation with some of elites/almost elites.

It is my opinion that if you still think he is below average, you are a fucking moron....with all due respect.

Flacco is an above average QB, top 10 for sure. But the guy is a winner. He's done nothing but win since he's come into the league and now he has a ring to show for it. Good for him and the Ravens, I'd consider them my 2nd favorite team so I'm pretty happy to see them get the Lombardi.

Joe Flacco played to his potential last night in the biggest game of them all, so surely that counts for something. At the same time though, I still feel like I need to see some consistency out of Flacco in the regular season. Anyone can say that it doesn't matter what he does in the regular season as long as he performs in the post season, but if you can't stay consistent in the regular season then there is no promise you will make it to the post season.

I also understand that the Baltimore defense bails him out quite often when he gets in trouble or makes a bad throw. That's not going to happen forever. That defense is likely losing two game changing members of the defense this off-season and if they aren't as dominant then not only will Flacco have to play well, he's going to have to do so consistently.

Joe Flacco played to his potential last night in the biggest game of them all, so surely that counts for something. At the same time though, I still feel like I need to see some consistency out of Flacco in the regular season. Anyone can say that it doesn't matter what he does in the regular season as long as he performs in the post season, but if you can't stay consistent in the regular season then there is no promise you will make it to the post season.

I also understand that the Baltimore defense bails him out quite often when he gets in trouble or makes a bad throw. That's not going to happen forever. That defense is likely losing two game changing members of the defense this off-season and if they aren't as dominant then not only will Flacco have to play well, he's going to have to do so consistently.

Well Flacco has made the playoffs every single year since coming into the league, so it isn't like his inconsistent play has cost them that much in the regular season. The guy is a straight up winner, bottom line. 54-26 record in the regular season, 9-4 in the playoffs with a ring. It isn't like he walked on to a team full of success either. They had missed the playoffs three times in the four previous years before Flacco and hadn't won a playoff game since 2001. But Flacco comes in and has gone to the playoffs every year and won a playoff game every year. His inconsistency is keeping him from being a top 5 QB, but he is top 10 and as much of a winner as there is in the league.

I see your point and I'd agree with regard to the regular season, but the defense bailing him out... I disagree with that. The defense was not spectacular for most of this season and post-season. They did have some great games (such as holding the Patriots to 13) but Flacco had to step up because the defense wasn't what it used to be. I mean we gave up over 400 yards yesterday, I think they said it was the most yards given up by a team that still won the game. Our defense does do a good job in the red zone when it matters but I'd still say they aren't as strong as they once were and Joe had to step up and he did. We will lose Ray, possibly Ed, but we'll also have Webb back (remember him, anyone?) and maybe we can work on grooming some rookies. I think we'll be okay on defense. My main concern is not paying Flacco too much and making sure we can hold on to Boldin.

I'm not saying that the defense was great this year, but in past years since Flacco has been drafted, you don't think they've been one of the better defenses in the league? For some reason, majority of the Ravens fan base (No offense) believe that their defense is absolutely terrible. They aren't. This year they didn't perform near the same level they have in the past, so omit this year, and tell me that the defense hasn't bailed out Flacco on numerous occasions. You can't, because we all know what the Ravens defense has done. This year, Flacco stepped it up when they needed him. From the first game of the season to probably about week 12 or 13 they were an up and down football team. Flacco got it figured out, and started to get the job done when they needed it most.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand why Ravens fans are constantly bashing what the Ravens defense did for the offense and Joe Flacco in general from 2008 - present. This year was an exception, not the norm for the Ravens defense.

There are probably about 24 other quarterbacks in the league that wished they had the Baltimore Ravens defense on the other side of the ball on their team. If Joe Flacco can carry his playoff performance from this year into next season, I'll give him all the credit in the world that he's reached his potential finally. You're talking about a guy capable of being a top 5 quarterback in the league, but he can't stay consistent enough to be considered it. I'm not trying to knock Flacco at all either, if that's what you are thinking. I just believe that to be in the top 5, you've got to have the consistency in every portion of the season - not just the playoffs.

I think we can all agree that Flacco is a franchise quarterback, and he's on the list of guys you'd be confident having as your signal caller. Now in terms of his legacy, whether he is remembered as being truly great or not...I think that determination will be made over the next 5+ years when he's making big money and doesn't have a great defense to back him up.

I am definitely on the same page as you in that regard, but very curious to hear the explanation behind your thought.

Top 15 QB and a Top 5 arm

Who are the 14 QBs ahead of him? More importantly, you believe there are 14 QBs in the league who could have performed the way Flacco did in the playoffs to help lead his team to a superbowl?

Right now I have no choice but to call him a top 10 QB. This playoff run he went on was amazing and definitely proves that he's one of the best in the game. Not only this year, but last year he could've/should've made the Super Bowl too if Lee Evans catches that pass. This isn't some fluke playoff run, Flacco is legit.

Edited by BradyFan81

Flacco joins Eli Manning as QBs who have won Super Bowls in recent history who have no right being called Elite. Great moments, great playoff runs. Not sure that makes him Elite. Depending on the definition we are using, of course.

Can we throw Big Ben in that same class?