SteVo

What does your team need to do to make the playoffs?

Our football teams are six-to-seven games into the season now, and the contenders are beginning to separate from the pretenders, so it's time for a simple question.

What is it going to take for your football team to make the playoffs?

Do you just need to maintain the current pace? Will it come down to your divisional games? Is it gonna take a miracle of divine proportions?

For the Eagles:

I could go on about our record and break down our schedule, but the reality is that the team needs a culture change. Michael Vick needs to stop turning the ball over, but he needs better protection up front for that to happen. The defense needs to stop blowing it in the 4th quarter--will Todd Bowles fix that? On top of everything else, the NFC East is a mystery this year, so it should ultimately come down to how we play our divisional opponents. If we can finish at 4-2 within the division, we should be in the wild card picture.

if we just beat the bad teams remaining on our schedule (Colts twice, Jags twice, and Dolphins) we'll hit .500 and the way the AFC looks right now, that might be enough to get a wild card, but I think we can also get a win against the Jets, which would bring us to 9-7 which will almost certainly be good enough for a wild card depending on how tiebreakers settle out, our other three remaining games are against the Bears, Texans, and Packers, which I think will amount to at least two losses, so there really isn't much margin for error in what should be the easy games

Considering we have Arizona and Jacksonville then a bye...

We have 5 of our 6 divisional games in the last 7 weeks of football. The only other teams we play are the Titans and Giants in that 7 week span.

Just win those divisional games and I highly doubt we lose the division.

Get healthy or continue winning games while injured the way they did against the Bengals. The defense and OL need to keep playing like they did Sunday and if they do, they can get healthy and possibly make a run.

Is it gonna take a miracle of divine proportions?

Yes. Yes it is.

We need to stop sucking.

Your team is 5-2, pussy.

• Upvote 2

We need to stop sucking.

Your team is 5-2, pussy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Am I missing something here?

Yea Mathias is making fun of bware cause bware has come out and said hes a fan of the vikings as well as cowboys. :shrug:

A few things for the Falcons

1) Offensive line needs to play together as a unit consistently..because as individuals they all suck outside of Clabo..but even he is having a poor year.

2) Offensive line needs to just play overall better in the running game...the running lanes are like tightropes for Turner, who can still produce...but he needs some help at his age now

3) Probably the biggest issue with the Falcons right now is the run defense. Losing Lofton was huge, as Akeem Dent is not the same type of downhill backer Lofton was. Nolan will surely figure this one out, and with the return of Peters this week, this should help somewhat

Yea Mathias is making fun of bware cause bware has come out and said hes a fan of the vikings as well as cowboys. :shrug:

Ahh got it, thank you, lol

Pats need to stop playing down to the level of their dogshit competition. They need a killer instinct, as well. Right now, the Pats have no balls just like the 2009 team.

fire our HC, OC, and DC. Beat the teams we should and try to get as healthy as possible. Oh and for Jimmy smith to live up to the hype and The blindside to stop sucking ass.

Sitting at 2-4 and looking at the rest of our schedule, I can't really see a way we make the playoffs, especially with the NFC being so competitive.

But if we were to go on a huge run, we would need Freeman to continue to play like he has the past 3 weeks, we would need better play calling from both our coordinators, we would probably need Da'Quan Bowers to come back and live up to his potential to improve the pass rush, and our secondary would need to stop playing like dogshit. We'd pretty much need to be consistently good the rest of the season, which really hasn't happened at all in single game this year other than the Chiefs game.

Oh yea, and get completely healthy.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Beat the teams you're supposed to beat and you'll be fine.

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Pats need to stop playing down to the level of their dogshit competition. They need a killer instinct, as well. Right now, the Pats have no balls just like the 2009 team.

You should probably just give up on them then. This team is destined for a first-round exit, right? :troll:

• Upvote 1

We need:

Better QB play

Better WR play.

Better O-line play.

Better D-line play.

Better LB play.

Better CB play.

Better S play.

and we need to win some damn games. Think that should do it.

We need the offense to wake the fuck up. The O line needs to open lanes for the running backs (no matter who it is). The quarterback and receivers need to get on the same page. And the coaches need to learn how to use the clock to their advantage.

Defense is doing fine, except with injuries.

We need:

Better QB play

Better WR play.

Better O-line play.

Better D-line play.

Better CB play.

Better S play.

and we need to win some damn games. Think that should do it.

Your team is 5-2, pussy.

Your team is 5-2, pussy.

Since you double-posted I decided to give you one +1 and a neg. Trollolololol. :troll:

Our recivers need to catch the fucking ball. I don't think I can't explain in words how frusterating it was watching these morons drop perfect passes over and over again. I guess it proves that saying we have around my house. "Right in the weak spot! Right in the hands!" We also need to figure out how to play on the road. I have no idea why our team just stops playing when we leave Seattle. Thank god we have mostly home games left on the schedule.

Edited by Jayrus

Buy tickets on StubHub or TicketMaster before they sell out.