Dutch

Which new Head Coach will have the most success in their 1st year?

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which new HC will have the most success in their 1st year?

The was just a lot of change in the NFL. There are 8 new Nfl head coaches. Which head coach do you believe will have the most success? Who will win the most games?

Mike MCcoy. He has a good staff backing him up. Maybe he can revive Rivers career too.

I like Andy Reid in Kansas City. I know that team looked really lousy but I just feel like if Reid can make Cassel (Or whoever he starts at QB) look half way decent, that team will be good. They've got talent everywhere. That defense is pretty stout in the front 7 when they want to be. Houston and Hali have proven to be solid pass rushers.

Chiefs have the most talented to roster of all these teams (yes even over the Bears) because they have a really strong YOUNG defense. The team lacked motivation and vision under Romeo Crennel, even though I don't entirely blame him for this season, but with Reid you will get a strong staff (most from the Eagles so far) and you will have a coach who will prepare that offense to be attacking every week. How they continue to utilize the defensive talent is yet to be seen and will be the most important factor. Overall Reid is has the roster and the resume to suggest he will succeed.

Well, I wouldn't say the most talented. Definitely the team with the best options looking forward. I definitely like Chicago as well.

Prolly Trestman, he can turn Cutler into Calvillo.

Most success in year one? I think the only options are Trestman and McCoy. Went with Trestman because I think he's got more talent to work with (the Bears did win 10 games this year) and McCoy hasn't proven he's head coach material just yet.

I'm going with McCoy. He's got a talented team in place already. Reid doesn't, and Trestman ...I don't trust a coach from the CFL. Ever. They gotta prove themselves in the NFL, first, imo.

Gotta like the Arians hire in AZ. Looking at the available coaches after black Monday I couldn't help but think at least 4 of those teams shot themselves in the foot. While they may not win the most games out of the newly coached teams. I feel they won this round of coaching carousel.

My gut tells me Chi, to answer question more directly.

Also... can we stop pretending Reid is some defense whisperer? Reid without r.i.p. Johnson is not impressive on that side of the ball. I do wish KC the best... just tired of everyone still having that correlation about Reid. What you'll see in KC will be more production from the west coasties and an overall less predictable approach to the game. Oh and the players won't have lost before the game started, they'll believe in making a name for themselves. They might even get inspired. But a top defense attributed to Reid? Nah

• Upvote 1

I voted for chip Kelly but it should be obvious who I'm hoping for.

Who thinks Reid is a defensive guru? I haven't heard that one.

• Upvote 1

If NFL defenses properly prepare for Chip Kelly based on Oregon film, he might have to change his offense, but if they can't prepare for it...Kelly could take the league by storm. At least for one season.

My bet's on either the Bears or Chargers coaches, though.

I think that Reid in KC will have the most success, he has a young roster that is only two years removed from a playoff berth.

If NFL defenses properly prepare for Chip Kelly based on Oregon film, he might have to change his offense, but if they can't prepare for it...Kelly could take the league by storm. At least for one season.

Teams aren't that stupid, Bware lol.

I think that Reid in KC will have the most success, he has a young roster that is only two years removed from a playoff berth.

Rosters shuffle and teams evolve so much that this point is pretty irrelevant. Besides, that Chiefs team didn't even beat anyone worth a shit anyway. :laugh:

I went with Kelly because he coaches the Eagles. :party:

Trying not to buy into the hype the more I hear Chip Kelly speak, but this man is intelligent. Just hope he can translate it to the football field. Going to be a homer here and pick Chip. Hopefully the unknown / unexpected factor of Chip takes the league by storm. No expectations but going to be optimistic and hope we make some noise.

Edited by dutchff7

I went with Trestman. He has a good team to work with and I like what he brings to the table for the Bears.

I'm going with McCoy. He's got a talented team in place already. Reid doesn't, and Trestman ...I don't trust a coach from the CFL. Ever. They gotta prove themselves in the NFL, first, imo.

I don't feel like the Chargers are really talented at all tbh. The talent level on that roster has dropped off dramatically over the years.

r-MARC-TRESTMAN-BEARS-NEW-COACH-large570.jpg

:yep:

:yep:

I don't feel like the Chargers are really talented at all tbh. The talent level on that roster has dropped off dramatically over the years.

Completely agreed.

A lot of people seem to not realize this. I've seen lots of people predicting the Chargers to make the playoffs this year. They really aren't that talented any more. I'd honestly say they have a bottom 10 roster in the league.

Just Curious, Why don't you trust a coach from the CFL? Its not like Trestman does not have any experience in the NFL he was an OC and QB coach. When he was in Cleveland he helped Kosar achieved a couple of his best seasons. His first year in San Fran the 49ers lead the league in points scored and passing yards. He also got career years out of Scott Mitchell in Detriot and Jake Plummer in Arizona not to mention what he did with the Raiders before they sucked ass. Also in the CFL he helped AC revamp his game.

Chud has some really fantastic coordinators on his staff and a young player base. I think he will have a lot of success his first year.