RANGA

*** TEAM SKINS ***

So it's that time of the year and I will be starting to design a new set of team skins very shortly. All I need to know from everybody here is, who you would like to see on your team's banner (the thing at the top of the page). I will not be making a series of polls, rather just post in this thread the TWO players you want representing your team on the skin. Feel free to talk to the other fans of your respective teams and collate your votes into the one post.

There are a few teams for whom we do not have any active fans, so I will post another thread after these votes have been collated and everyone can vote for the players there.

• Upvote 1

Ben Roethlisberger and Lawrence Timmons

Should be obvious for the Redskins....Joe Theisman and John Riggins....

Darrelle Revis and Doug Martin

Frank Gore-Patrick Willis.

Should be obvious for the Redskins....Joe Theisman and John Riggins....

Yeah, in light of the All-Time Draft I was going to suggest we use All-Time players for the skins in order to prevent us from having to remake them over and over.

My suggestions would be: Ben, Timmons, Heath Miller, Polamalu.

Or a combination of some of the following: Aaron Smith, Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, Mel Blount, Rod Woodson, Gregg Lloyd, Kevin Greene.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson.

All time: Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith.

Edited by blotsfan

If we're doing current: Chris Johnson, Derrick Morgan

All-time: Steve McNair, Keith Bulluck

Joe Haden and Trent Richardson

All Time: Jim Brown and Otto Graham

Only thing with all-time would be finding suitable pictures, IMO. Although, that also depends on how old or how long ago the player was around.

Only thing with all-time would be finding suitable pictures, IMO. Although, that also depends on how old or how long ago the player was around.

I don't know about you guys, but I love the vintage look and the juxtaposition of the old and new. :shrug:

For the record: RGIII and Alfred Morris.

LeSean McCoy and Evan Mathis.

If we roll with the all-time concept, replace Mathis with Brian Dawkins.

Also, since we're only naming two players, are the two players on the side of the skin going away?

If we're doing current: Chris Johnson, Derrick Morgan

All-time: Steve McNair, Keith Bulluck

I wouldn't be opposed to those, I'd go with Griff over Morgan (largely personal preference tho) and for the all time I had a tough time deciding between McNair and Eddie George, I think I'd side with Eddie, but McNair would definitely be a good option, and I like a balance of offense and defense for this sort of thing and I can't think of any better defender than Bulluck (I'd like to see Jevon Kearse but will freely admit that's nothing but personal preference :p)

anyway, the short version is:

current: CJ2K, Michael Griffin

all-time: Eddie George, Keith Bulluck

I don't know about you guys, but I love the vintage look and the juxtaposition of the old and new. :shrug:

That doesn't change the fact that some players just may not have quality pictures to use when making these graphics. Vintage look is great, but if the picture is grainy and looks like shit on the banner, it won't be going up.

And I am not saying any current players (that have been named) would have this problem and of course you could always pick somebody else if it was a problem -- but it still has to look nice.

Ranga as sexily talented as he is, can only do so much with what is given to him. :yep:

Otto Graham falling on his ass gracing the Browns skin would be so fitting...

Steve Smith and Cam Newton if we're doing current.

Steve Smith and Dan Morgan if we're doing all-time.

*Edit*

Michael Strahan (if you can find some HQ photos of him) and JPP.

Edited by BLUE

While I like the idea of all-time skins, there are simply no HQ pics from that era. I know there are some relatively good quality ones out there, but they simply look sub-par when you actually have to add effects and lighting to them. I just wouldn't be satisfied with the quality of the work, to have it as a main banner on the site. Sorry Zack!

Von Miller and Eric Decker

Big Ben and Lawrence Timmons.

I wouldn't be opposed to those, I'd go with Griff over Morgan (largely personal preference tho) and for the all time I had a tough time deciding between McNair and Eddie George, I think I'd side with Eddie, but McNair would definitely be a good option, and I like a balance of offense and defense for this sort of thing and I can't think of any better defender than Bulluck (I'd like to see Jevon Kearse but will freely admit that's nothing but personal preference :p)

anyway, the short version is:

current: CJ2K, Michael Griffin

all-time: Eddie George, Keith Bulluck

I wouldn't mind changing Morgan to someone else, was just trying to go with an up and coming/good player on D..but Griffin? <_< He's so garbage. I dunno, maybe now that he'll be able to just play center field for us again with Pollard taking care of everything near the line of scrimmage, he'll return to 07/08 form, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on it...but I guess we can stick with MG33 and see what happens.