Dutch

Division Swap

If you had to switch your team to another division to take the place of another team, which division would you switch to? Would you switch to a weak division for strategic purposes? Would you switch to a division to rival a particular team that you like or hate? Or maybe switch to a division because you believe it will increase the excitement factor and make for some good games? Or would you switch to a division for the sake of competition purposes? Who would your new rival be?

Also, elaborate and give a brief (or long) reason why you switched places with the team that you decided to take out of your new division in place of your own team.

NFC South

:Eagles::Falcons::Saints::panthers:

Even though I know my team would get the bricks beat out of them (for a while), I couldn't resist going anywhere else with how exciting this division is. This division has just about everything. Talent all across the board at the QB position, explosive offenses, competition and a great innovative head coach. If Chip Kelly does wind up becoming that crafty innovative head coach that he was in college, the Payton vs Kelly match ups would be intriguing. Then going against an exciting Cam Newton and company should make for some good games as well. But last and not least, the Falcons. I whole heartedly believe the Falcons would be our most hated rival. The battle of the birds. Excluding our game from last year, the Eagles vs Falcons games have been quite exciting and generate a lot of hype generally from both fan bases. With the Eagles sucking the last few years, we've fallen out of favor which is understandable but if we improved, I think that would be a great rivalry. So for me, it was definitely the excitement factor and competition reasons why I decided to switch to the NFC South.

NFC East

:Bucs::Giants::Cowboys::Redskins:

I decided to switch the Bucs out. Out of the other three teams in the NFC South, this team generated the least interest for me. I like Cam Newton, I think if the Eagles got better the Falcons vs Eagles would be a great rivalry, and I respect Payton / Brees and would love to go against that competition; great measuring stick. While the Bucs may be on the cusp of becoming a good team with the additions they added this offseason, I just liked the match ups with the other teams better. Also, for some odd and misplaced reasoning that I can't explain, it seems like the Bucs would be a decent fit for the NFC East. They could definitely be a legit contender every year with how wild things get in this division (not saying they can't in the south).

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure it seems like a weak move, but I would definitely swap out with the Patriots in the AFC East. The reality is this: the more often you make the playoffs, the better chance you give yourself to win a superbowl. And the only sure way to get into the playoffs is to win your division. Miami, Buffalo, and New York are three pretty bumbling organizations right now (no offense to their fans). Having them for competition would yield the best chance to dominate the division crown for years at a time. Don't get me wrong, the Pats are a legit team- but I think you're fooling yourself if you think being in the AFCE hasn't helped matters for them.

:Chargers::dolphins::Bills::Jets:

Edited by KempBolt

Switch the Steelers into the NFC North:

:Packers::Steelers::Bears::Vikings:

Imagine a division with those teams in it. You have two elite quarterbacks, including the best in the league, lots of defensive history, the best running back in football, and also the fans. The divisional games between these teams would be amazing to see live. I replaced the Lions because they could give the Browns hope for not finishing last in the AFC North for once. :D

:Ravens::Bengals::Browns::Lions:

Very interesting thread.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure it seems like a weak move, but I would definitely swap out with the Patriots in the AFC East. The reality is this: the more often you make the playoffs, the better chance you give yourself to win a superbowl. And the only sure way to get into the playoffs is to win your division. Miami, Buffalo, and New York are three pretty bumbling organizations right now (no offense to their fans). Having them for competition would yield the best chance to dominate the division crown for years at a time. Don't get me wrong, the Pats are a legit team- but I think you're fooling yourself if you think being in the AFCE hasn't helped matters for them.

:Chargers::dolphins::Bills::Jets:

Great move from a strategic stand point. The AFC East is nothing outside of the Patriots. No offense to Jets, Dolphins, and Bills fans. But it is what it is and I have no problem with saying my team sucks either. But with the Patriots out of the way, the division is easily up for grabs. Your division swap definitely gives the Chargers the best chance to get into the play offs Kemp. The Dolphins would still probably be my favorite in that scenario though.

Kemp, how do you think the Patriots are going to affect the AFC West?

Switch the Steelers into the NFC North:

:Packers::Steelers::Bears::Vikings:

Imagine a division with those teams in it. You have two elite quarterbacks, including the best in the league, lots of defensive history, the best running back in football, and also the fans. The divisional games between these teams would be amazing to see live. I replaced the Lions because they could give the Browns hope for not finishing last in the AFC North for once. :D

:Ravens::Bengals::Browns::Lions:

Very interesting thread.

Awesome move. You went for more of a historic and excitement factor. I really like the history element though because both franchises notoriously are known for great / elite defenses. Having them in the same division would be awesome. Who knows, the Steelers and Bears may have replaced the Packers and Bears rivalry :ninja: Also, seeing a repeat of Superbowl 45 would be a great match up as well. Not to mention testing Adrian Peterson with another defense would be cool to watch; even though I don't believe anyone can stop him lol. Overall, I think that division would be awesome as hell. I like that move :yep:

Edited by dutchff7

Great move from a strategic stand point. The AFC East is nothing outside of the Patriots. No offense to Jets, Dolphins, and Bills fans. But it is what it is and I have no problem with saying my team sucks either. But with the Patriots out of the way, the division is easily up for grabs. Your division swap definitely gives the Chargers the best chance to get into the play offs Kemp. The Dolphins would still probably be my favorite in that scenario though.

Kemp, how do you think the Patriots going to the AFC West will affect that division?

Them and the Broncos would be in a dog fight for the division crown, with the other half well behind.

Titans to AFC west, swapping with anyone other than the Chargers.

Because if we play them twice a year, we might actually get to beat them :shifty:

In:

:Giants::Eagles::jags::Redskins:

Yeah, we'd get owned, but I think there's a massive amount of entertainment value with this move. Eagles and Redskins are both teams on the rise, with the Giants riding their typical good/bad roller coaster.

Out:

:Colts::Texans::Cowboys::Titans:

While I think the Cowboys will actually be good this season, at this present time they're the team with the most question marks in the NFCE. Their arrow is most likely pointing down, whereas the rest of the NFCE is either on the rise or has plateaued.

Edited by Vin

Titans to AFC west, swapping with anyone other than the Chargers.

Because if we play them twice a year, we might actually get to beat them :shifty:

Lol. I watched SD-TEN game with my buddy who's a Titans fan this last year while Mike Harris was holding Kam Wimbley on every other play. I thought he was going to break my back over his knee (he's kind of large).

Lol. I watched SD-TEN game with my buddy who's a Titans fan this last year while Mike Harris was holding Kam Wimbley on every other play. I thought he was going to break my back over his knee (he's kind of large).

The game that pissed me off the most was the 07 regular season game. The refs saved the Chargers ass. Chambers didn't make the catch but they ruled it a completion anyway. It was on 4th down on the Chargers game tying drive, should have ended the game.

Not to mention I still don't think that 4th down TD in the playoffs should have counted either. LT didn't cross the line. Our offense sucked dick that game to begin with and it still would have been 10-6 in the Chargers favor, but that's easier to come back from than 17-6. And giving VY a chance to win it in the 4th quarter is something he usually excelled at.

I'll go into more detail later but I'd take the bengals out of the afc north and put my bears in.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

The game that pissed me off the most was the 07 regular season game. The refs saved the Chargers ass. Chambers didn't make the catch but they ruled it a completion anyway. It was on 4th down on the Chargers game tying drive, should have ended the game.

Not to mention I still don't think that 4th down TD in the playoffs should have counted either. LT didn't cross the line. Our offense sucked dick that game to begin with and it still would have been 10-6 in the Chargers favor, but that's easier to come back from than 17-6. And giving VY a chance to win it in the 4th quarter is something he usually excelled at.

I disagree on the latter. But I think losing and expediting the end of the VY era was in the Titans' best interest.

I would love to swap the Falcons and the Redskins.

I love the rivalry the Falcons and the Eagles have been able to create amongst the two teams when we do play. It would certainly always be interesting to watch. I live in the heart of Giant country, and the last two times we've met have both been blowouts in favor of one another each time. It's starting to create a small rivalry amongst fans (Maybe no as much with the teams). The entire NFC East is just a fun division to watch football, the games are always exciting it seems for the most part.

move the Titans into the AFC North:

:Titans::Ravens::Steelers::Bengals:

bring back the old AFC Central rivalries, the Browns would be the odd team out, making the AFC South:

:Browns::jags::Colts::Texans:

two of the last four expansion teams and two teams the Ravens draw history from, makes for an interesting group

I'm pretty much satisfied with our division for easiest games purposes, but I wouldn't mind switching into the NFC North with the Lions, just so we could get some really exciting games.

Option A: :Seahawks::Bears::Packers::Vikings:

-Because it would be AWESOME for the Hawks and Packers to play twice every year, plus that'd make for a very strong NFCN without the Lions. :popcorn:

Option B: :Seahawks::Raiders::Chargers::Chiefs:

-Hawks back in the AFCW minus the Broncos would allow for a Patriots-in-the-AFCE type dominance for my Seahawks. Plus, I hate the Raiders almost as much as I hate the 49ers. :devious:

I'd switch the Giants to the AFC East, because we're the Patriots' daddy, and having the Giants and Jets in the same division would be hilarious.

But seriously, I love watching the rivalries in the NFC East so much, so I hope it never changes. :yep:

• Upvote 2

Pretty much what Sarge said, but if I had to go with another option I'd swap Steelers and Cardinals. Imagine having three elite defenses in the same division plus a team on the rise in Rams, who I think would be very competitive.

Option A: :Seahawks::Bears::Packers::Vikings:

-Because it would be AWESOME for the Hawks and Packers to play twice every year, plus that'd make for a very strong NFCN without the Lions. :popcorn:

Option B: :Seahawks::Raiders::Chargers::Chiefs:

-Hawks back in the AFCW minus the Broncos would allow for a Patriots-in-the-AFCE type dominance for my Seahawks. Plus, I hate the Raiders almost as much as I hate the 49ers. :devious:

I was going to say, didn't Seattle do this like 10 years ago already?

But at least this way, instead of playing every year at Chicago like we've done for the last 3 years, they'd have to return the favor. Is it written somewhere that we always have to play at Chicago and at Pittsburgh each time we face them?

I could go for that. There is enough animus between Seattle and Minnesota/Green Bay to stoke up a spirited rivalry. It's not like our travel miles would increase that much:

@Phoenix = 1,114 mi

@SF = 679

@St Louis = 1707

vs.

@Minneapolis = 1396

@Green Bay = 1603

@Chicago = 1718

And the broadcast maps for the northern states is essentially NFCN and Seattle anyway. So instead of cannibalizing each others' TV markets, they could just combine them.

I'd want the go to the NFCS, to beat the Saints twice a year.

:49ers::Falcons::Saints::Bucs:

:Seahawks::Rams::panthers::Cardinals:

:Patriots: :Steelers::Ravens::Bengals:

:Browns::Jets::dolphins::Bills:

AFCN: you have 4 playoff teams going at it, and two of them were in the afc championship!

AFCE: Browns become a playoff team. :)

One that I think would be just as good as NFCE is now.

:Cowboys::Redskins::Saints::Texans:

:Titans: :Jaguars: :Buccaneers: :Colts:

:Giants::Eagles::Falcons: :Panters:

Edited by McTater

I've always liked facing Oakland and Denver so lets go with the AFCW, and kick out the Chiefs. I hate the Chiefs and don't understand their existence in this league though I don't give a rats bout the chargers either :nope:

• Downvote 4

I've always liked facing Oakland and Denver so lets go with the AFCW, and kick out the Chiefs. I hate the Chiefs and don't understand their existence in this league though I don't give a rats bout the chargers either :nope:

It could be because they were the AFL's most successful franchise. Oh and their owner was one of the chief architects of the NFL you watch...oh oh, and they were the second team to appear in multiple superbowls (a term which their owner coined). oh,oh, oh and they are the 6th smallest media market and the second largest average fan attendance. Higher than the Seahawks. When you go after a sports franchise's existence it is best to do it when either A.) There is validity to your claim or B.) Your team boasts a better resume. They dont.

The recent struggles of the chiefs may make them irrelevant to onw but the ebb and flow of football will see them in prominence again. Not in the Reid era in my opinion, but I also dont believe that lasts long.

Option A: Put the :Bucs: in the NFC North and take out the :Lions:

:Bucs::Packers::Bears::Vikings:

We used to be in the NFC Central anyways with all of the NFC North teams, and we always seem to have good games against the NFC North. Despite the Packers being a lot better than us, we always seem to either beat them or play them really hard. I took out the Lions because they are the shittiest team in the division.

Option B: I'd put the :Bucs: in the AFC East and take out the :Patriots:

:Bucs::Jets::Bills::dolphins:

I'd do this because that's a pretty damn easy division lol.

Edited by RogerGoodellSucks

Damn,imagine the Pats in NFC South. That would be one hell of a battle for playoffs.