Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Annoying Things Other Drivers Do

Milehigh posted about people who avoid road signs trying to be polite in the Expressions thread, so I thought it might be a good idea to talk about some of the things that cause each of us to ROAD RAGE.

I completely ROAD RAGE when other drivers:

1. Fail to use signals when turning left, right in front of you, off of a perpendicular street, then glare at you for starting to go.

2. Fail to use turn signals in general. Look, I get it when you're all alone in bumfuck nowhere, but just turn your damn signal on when you aren't. It's not that hard.

3. Fail to understand the rules of right-of-way at 4 point Stop intersections. Creates a huge fuck up as each driver tries to go then stops over and over again. Fuck off.

4. Refuse to turn their brights off until they're about 50 feet from you. Common courtesy dictates that you should turn your brights off when the other driver does, or if you can see both headlights.

5. Tailgate at night, but refuse to pass. Blinds the ever living shit out of you. When this happens to me, I wait til I get to a town, then drive 10MPH through it just to piss the person off.

6. Wave at you at the last second and then ask "why didn't you wave earlier?" later in the day. Well gee, dumbass, perhaps it was because you gave me a very small fraction of time to react to your wave.

7. Drive more than 10 miles below the speed limit on perfectly fine roads. If you don't feel safe driving the speed limit, you probably shouldn't be driving.

8. are women, and therefore terrible drivers :p

9. Drive 10 MPH after a snowfall. You have to slow down, but you don't have to crawl, and you're honestly more dangerous going extremely slow than the people who are pushing the limits are.

10. Don't understand that you can turn right on a red light at most intersections. Yes, there are the handful that don't allow you too, but there's almost always a BIG FUCKING SIGN that says "No Right on Red." Just fucking go, dammit. Creates a huge clusterfuck in the turn lane.

11. Swing left to turn right in a normal sized vehicle (and often without using their signals). Older drivers are particularly bad about this. Yes, you need to swing left before turning right in order to turn a huge implement, rig, or larger vehicle, but in your general sized car, you can make it as you don't try to turn into the curb, for fuck's sake.

12. Have stupid fucking bumper stickers. Oh, so you love your kids? Isn't that part of being a parent in the first place? Why not tell me something I don't know, like "I have three ice cube trays."

Yeah, I'm a full-on ROAD RAGE guy. I'm not the guy screaming his car, I'm not the guy who honks his horn every ten seconds, but I give more one finger salutes than most people.

What are some of the bad driver habits that irritate you folks?

• Upvote 1

Florida drivers don't know how (or they just don't care) to use their turn signals.

Not using turn signals pissing me off the most.

People that turn in front of you but drive slow as fuck after

People that blow the horn at you as soon as the light turns green if you don't start moving. For those folks that do it. Hope you enjoy the redlight because I won't be moving till its just changing from yellow.

People that don't let you over even when they clearly see you need over. I will run you off the road if I get the chance :D

Edited by Bucman
  • Upvote 2

People can never stay in their lane when turning. I hate that.

Like Bucman said, the people that JUST FUCKING HAVE TO TURN RIGHT THIS SECOND OMG OMG NEED TO BE IN FRONT OF YOU and then proceed to drive 10 under the speed limit should all have their throats fucked by a horse.

people that suddenly develop breasts, talk on the phone, drive bigass SUV's that they can't park, have long hair, and sometimes are seen with elementary soccer memorabilia plastered all over their car. These type of people probably should've never been allowed to vote...let alone drive.

people that suddenly develop breasts, talk on the phone, drive bigass SUV's that they can't park, have long hair, and sometimes are seen with elementary soccer memorabilia plastered all over their car. These type of people probably should've never been allowed to vote...let alone drive.

Obama voters? :troll:

Pretty much all the ones mentioned and why the fuck are you driving below the speed limit or pacing someone next to you in the left lane?!!! ahhhhh

Pull out in front of you when there's no one behind you for like a mile.

I'm a horrible person when driving. I keep muttering to myself while driving about how I hope all the other drivers die.

• Upvote 1

Bware hit pretty much all of them, for me anyway. I also love the people who must come to a complete stop in the middle of the road before even beginning their turn. It is a little more acceptable in slick conditions, because obviously you want to ensure you don't slide around and out of control...

People driving super slow really aggravates me, for reasons Bware stated. Even if it's slick or snowy or wet... Being super, extreme levels of cautious will cause just as many if not more accidents than the speeders.

And when it is icy, people don't respect how much time it will take to stop. I am talking legit, blowing snow / ice concerns. The stuff where you should be driving under the speed limit a little and for legit reasons... People will ride my ass like crazy, and if I have to slam on my brakes for any reason, they would no doubt rear-end me. And I drive "fast" on those conditions usually. I am a firm believer in not abiding speed limits in any condition, and just go by the "flow of traffic"... But you have to respect stopping distances in truly slick conditions, which no one understands.

Something else that infuriates me, and this is just around here, probably. Last summer they did some road construction on about a 3 mile stretch of highway on the route to my work... It's one lane in either direction and they merely added a turning lane all the way down that strip. As it is a busy highway with lots of local blue collar jobs coming to and from work, it was a great addition as traffic doesn't have to stop any more for people turning off into these residential neighborhoods.....

HOWEVER... Most people don't want to use it, for whatever reason. If you are turning, why not get into the turning lane? Stopping huge volumes of traffic when there is a perfectly good turning lane just baffles me. Stupidity knows no bounds.

Speaking as a passenger (I don't drive and don't have a license) I've seen a boatload of people using smartphones while driving. and that drives me batshit. You are on the road, where concentration is vital, and you talk/text/browse/whatever? No. Either keep it off, pull over where possible, or have your passenger answer it.

And the worst part: it's a criminal offense in Ontario to use a cell phone while driving, and people STILL do it.

Edited by BigBen07

People who wait for you to go at 4 ways when it's their turn. I'll castrate you with a rusty fuckin pocket knife.

Edited by BC

People that take extreme offense to being honked at. The horn is my way of alerting you to pay attention or that you fucked up, it is not the equivalent to me giving you the bird or telling you to fuck off.

Some motherfucker tried to run me off the road this morning because I honked at him lightly for sitting at a stop sign for a fucking eternity.

• Upvote 1

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (apologies if it has), but I hate when drivers put their turn signals on like a half a mile before they turn. This happens with older people the most, in my experience. Then you sit like a jackass driving behind them anticipating for them to turn but they are still driving kinda slowly on the road and still not turning... Ughhhhh, fuck off.

People who drive cars like the Prius with Obama stickers....like we don't know who you voted for already.

Some of these have been mentioned but....

Turn signals oh my fucking god. Probably my biggest pet peeve is when people don't use them.

When people stop at an intersection for no reason. Next to my house my street has a stop sign but the intersecting street doesn't yet at least once a week or so when I'm driving and see someone coming down the intersecting street they stop anyway...this is how accidents happen people. There's no stop sign...GO GO GO!

And yes the people who peel out in front of me when no one is behind me for miles annoys me too but it annoys me less if they at least go a manageable speed. When I'm turning if I think it's going to be pretty close and I don't see any cars behind the car coming for a while I'll wait.

When people are moving in and out of lanes, especially on a two-lane street which makes it pretty impossible to pass. And also when you're going to pass people STILL USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL. Otherwise you come across as reckless.

And finally I don't know if it's a law everywhere else but it is here...I hate people who block side streets while driving on the busy roads!!! I understand sometimes mistakes happen and it looks like the car in front of you might be able to pull up a bit but most of the time these people don't care and just like to drive bumper-to-bumper. I always make sure to keep the side street open.

Also a huge pet peeve...

I drive stick..so the asshats that ride my bumper when I'm sitting at a redlight on the hill can fist themselves when I start to roll back and come inches from their car.

On two lane state highways, oncoming lanes I mean, it irritates the hell out of me when slow drivers pile up traffic in both lanes and make it impossible to pass.

I hate when rig drivers don't consider road conditions and still scream past you in a storms and shit. Drives me nuts. It's like they don't care about anybody's safety.

The biggest issue I have with other drivers is when you come to a two way stop at a crowded intersection (like near a school at drop off or pick up times) and a driver wants to turn left and the traffic (because of the surrounding events) is way too bad and he just sits there and sits there. He might need to adjust his path and either go straight (if the chance presents itself) or even go to the right. This person would make everyone else wait and be late simply because they can't adjust.

To be honest I myself try to avoid these situations and in the mornings (when we do take the kids to school--they normally ride the bus home) I go out of my way a bit to limit such instance to only one (which is enough believe me).

Didn't read through all of these, but one of my biggest pet peeves when driving is when there's a break in a median and a driver takes the inside turn when you're supposed to swing outside. When two cars meet in the median break it fucks all things up if someone goes inside. It blocks your view of oncoming traffic.

3-25-medians.jpg

Couldn't find a better picture, but this is the correct way to do it. Usually the median break is bigger than that.

Edited by FartWaffles

This thread happened during my winter break so I hadn't been driving much....now that I'm commuting to school again...I rage pretty often lol

Also a huge pet peeve...

I drive stick..so the asshats that ride my bumper when I'm sitting at a redlight on the hill can fist themselves when I start to roll back and come inches from their car.

So many inconveniences when driving stick. I HATE having to downshift because of other drivers. Whether its because someone is going slow or had just pulled out in front of me. So fucking annoying.

Lastly and I can't believe it wasn't already mentioned but how about the drivers who brake for no reason what so ever!!!!! That shit pisses me off the most!

This thread happened during my winter break so I hadn't been driving much....now that I'm commuting to school again...I rage pretty often lol

Also a huge pet peeve...

So many inconveniences when driving stick. I HATE having to downshift because of other drivers. Whether its because someone is going slow or had just pulled out in front of me. So fucking annoying.

Lastly and I can't believe it wasn't already mentioned but how about the drivers who brake for no reason what so ever!!!!! That shit pisses me off the most!

I have bad thoughts and wish bad things to that driver in front of me when that happens to me in the Lincoln Tunnel.

I hate when rig drivers don't consider road conditions and still scream past you in a storms and shit. Drives me nuts. It's like they don't care about anybody's safety.

That happened to me on Rte 80 driving back to NYC from a Bengals game in Nov 2012. Also, one truck hogged up the passing lane and didn't pass anyone. He was being a dips hit because everytime I backed off to find a hole to pass him on the right he'd pop back in to the slow lane. When it was open and saw me trying to pass in the left lane, he'd go back into the left lane nearly cutting me off and then match the speed of another truck in the right lane. It happened four times during a 10-minute time span. And this was during a downpour. Well, I could do nothing but wait. I hid behind another truck passing and got through. So the truck in front of me overtook the right lane, entered the right lane and slowed up a bit. I matched it's speed since no one else was behind me. And then it was the asshole truck that was suddenly behind me trying to get by. Sweet….

I mentioned it in the annoying phrases thread, but the thing that pisses me off the most is when you're getting onto a highway, and you have a yield. The person coming from the other direction then stops dead and waves for you to go. You're already fucking stopped, and you have a yield, and they stop because they think they'll do their good deed for the day. ROAD SYSTEMS ARE DESIGNED THE WAY THEY ARE FOR A REASON!@!!!@!! It's like, just mind your own business and go, I'll take care of me...

Also. People who drive like 20 mph when it snows. It's like... you live in fucking pennsylvania. This isn't the first time you've ever seen snow, don't drive like such a pussy. Especially people in trucks. All they're doing is making the road situation more dangerous by forcing people into the shitty lane to pass them.