ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

Good job, Good effort, Heat

Wade needs to retire, and Lebron needs to opt out.

Because this Heat team doesn't have the desire or will to win anymore.

Spurs deserve all the credit though, absolutely phenomenal all around team play.

This has been making the rounds on Twitter all morning...

BqBnzuhCUAA00dc.jpg

:laugh:

• Upvote 2

At least the Thunder have lost to the eventual champions each year they were healthy.

Well, this year barely counts seeing as the Spurs were spotted two games due to Serge's calf being a little bitch. :sigh:

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

It's no secret that I hate the spurs, but was a fan of David Robinson. Can you guys tell me where he ranks all-time as a Center?

Probably in the top 10 centers of all time. He would be right there with a guy like Patrick Ewing.

• Upvote 1

"Oops" Love that :laugh:

Good job, Good effort, Heat

Wade needs to retire, and Lebron needs to opt out.

Because this Heat team doesn't have the desire or will to win anymore.

Spurs deserve all the credit though, absolutely phenomenal all around team play.

While I completely agree that the Spurs have more fire to go out and get this thing... I can't 100% blame Miami.. After winning back to back titles, the biggest thing you have to fight to 3-peat is digging deep and finding that will to win. That urge. That fight.

I was worried about that thing after the Packers won ONE title a couple years ago.. Aaron Rodgers has a legendary chip on his shoulder, we were carried by a lot of vets looking for their first ring. While I expected us to still play well, I wasn't expecting another ring (I am now, though :p)

It's literally impossible to keep that same exact feeling and urge to keep fighting.. The more you win, the more you have to dig to keep winning.

This has been a hell of a run so far.

From that gut-wrenching series vs the genius mind of Carlisle, to the Portland ass-kicking, and then an awesome series win over OKC capped off with Timmy takin' kids to school in overtime of game 6 in an extremely hostile environment. When he popped his jersey after that turnaround j to seal it, I was simply in awe of his greatness.

I never know what to expect each game vs Miami. Really looking forward to game 5.

Kawhi has become one of my all-time favorite Spurs in just 3 years on the squad. Absolutely love that guy. Hope that Timmy can get that 5th ring, because he damn well deserves it.

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!

Guest Phailadelphia

I think the Heat look like a team who have been to 4 straight Finals series with much of the same core. Against a team like the Spurs, who will make you work the full 24 seconds on both ends of the court unlike any other team, I think Miami was doomed from the start. Miami has essentially played an extra 1.3 seasons since 2011 when including the playoffs. We should have seen this one coming.

Making it to 4 straight Finals is pretty insane though. That's a feat in and of itself, even if you go 2-4.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

^Exactly

The Heat need to realize they've had a good run, but it's time to blow that team up..entirely..and it starts with Lebron :yep:

You all know I'm not a huge fan of LeBron, but I'd like pose a question that, imo, defends him and his legacy.

When, exactly, did Michael ever have to will a lesser team to a Finals victory? I honestly don't think that there was a better team than the Bulls when they won their 6 championships.

LeBron's been to the Finals with an inferior team 4 out of the 5 times he's been there. The only time he had a superior team, they beat the Thunder, who were just too young, at that point.

The other 4 times he's had inferior teams, and he's willed them to victory once (last year). It's absolutely insane that he gets criticism over his Finals record when 4 out of the 5 times he's had the inferior team.

And yes, I do really think that Dallas team was better than Miami. They were clicking on all cylinders, in tune with one another, and had a far superior coach in Carlisle.

I wouldn't even consider Spoelstra a top NBA coach. I'm serious.

LeBron is so much closer to Michael than people realize. The criticism just makes people look stupid.

That trap defense that they have been getting away with on virtually every team, and probably would of gotten away with against any team in the finals not named the Spurs.

They need to pressure the pass without relying on trapping. The Spurs offensive rating is like 5 bajillion right now.

With all 5 guys on the Spurs being so great at seeing the court, and passing, they have to play more zone, or at least play more conservative. But Spo is so stubborn.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I don't even think the Heat look that bad. This series has been more the Spurs winning it than the Heat losing IMO.

I don't even think the Heat look that bad. This series has been more the Spurs winning it than the Heat losing IMO.

Its a bit of both. When the Spurs were pulling ahead, Miami would just walk back. No energy nor will to keep going. I dont think the Spurs are 24 points better then the Heat at any moment. They are better then Miami but not by rout standard. Miami doesnt have that fire they had after losing the title to Dallas. They feel entitled and i think that thinking has them getting blown out. I hate all the bandwagon fan bullshit of Miami.. and i dont like the Spurs either, but i rather it stay in the West then Miami win again.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

As you guys know I'm not a whole basketball fan, but to me, this series confirms that it's remarkably difficult to win three championships in a row, in any sport, and as Phail said the fact that Miami has been to four Finals in a row is starting to show, especially against a team like San Antonio with so much depth and persistence.

Of course, it's not over yet. If there's any team that can make history and win after being down 3-1, it's the team with LeBron James on it.

I think the weakness of the Eastern conference makes four appearances a little less impressive, still a nice accomplishment, but keep it in perspective

Its all over now. Kawhi MVP. Lebron couldn't save wade/Allen shooting 4/19(as of now)

I don't think LeBron will get nearly as much shit if he leaves Miami as he did for leaving Cleveland.

This is sadly the happiest I've been as a NBA fan, (well I enjoyed watching the Mavs win the championship) but its just so nice to see such a great TEAM like the Spurs win it this year. Really happy for Kahwi Leonard! I've been watching and rooting for him since his days at SDSU!

Edited by BJORN

Kawhi officially named MVP, and it's well deserved. Dude shot like 61% and was the best player on the court for both sides of the ball. I had Kawhi fanboyism to start the season. It has went through the roof. Kawhi is love, Kawhi is life.

Kawhi... is kawaii?

Had to, sorry. Maybe only Razor gets that one. :p

Fantastic all around TEAM performance from SAS, was awesome to watch. Still can't believe we took them to 7; looking forward to next season.

• Upvote 1

Kawhi shooting 61% overall, 58% from the 3 point line. Averaged 17.8 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 2 assists. Those aren't starbound numbers, but the ability of Kawhi to be efficient definitely wins him my vote. Also, he managed 1.6 steals and 1.2 blocks a game. He only gave up 1.8 turnovers a game. He didn't start the series off as an MVP, but he sure as fuck ended it as one. Over the past 3 games he had 68.57% on 24-35. He averaged 23.6 points, 9.3 rebounds, and 2.3 assists. He got 3 steals a game too. He gave up 1.66 turnovers per game.

Another thing Kawhi did well was free-throws. He consistently got 5-6 or 6-7 in free throws.

James just couldn't match up against an entire team by himself, and this was the downfall of the Heat.

So the Spurs and Heat were the clear cut two best teams in the league, and the series only goes 5 games... and four of the games were blowouts. NBA takes a huge fucking L on that one. :yao:

Unreal. The NBA is just unwatchable dog shit, and it's only getting worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1