ATL_Predator

The bad news thread...

It just blew my mind that we have a good news thread...without a bad news thread :doge:

So today I went into the doctors and I was told that I have mono, and strange black and bloody spots all over my throat. They aren't sure what it is, but I'm getting some more testing done next week.

You_are_already_dead-%28n1296951764362%2

:(

• Upvote 2

Could've sworn we had one of these. Too lazy to search atm.

I hope everything's alright, Udonis.

It just blew my mind that we have a good news thread...without a bad news thread :doge:

So today I went into the doctors and I was told that I have mono, and strange black and bloody spots all over my throat. They aren't sure what it is, but I'm getting some more testing done next week.

When I had mono, it swelled the shit out of my throat, turned it white. So if you have had the same swelling, and have been forcing food down, I think it's possible that's all just dried blood from forcing food down. I didn't have that issue, but I was a pussy who just ate soft food when my throat hurt that much.

Also,

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna be just under the GPA I need unless I managed to destroy my Math 201 exam. >_> god damn it finals.

I'm gonna be just under the GPA I need unless I managed to destroy my Math 201 exam. >_> god damn it finals.

:(

What do you need to get on your exam?

And hope you're alright ATL!

we do have one of these.

The season is still 124 days away.

Edited by BC

Let's see, I dunno what the cutoff mark for a B is, but I'm gonna assume it's a 75.

I'd need a 95 on this final. Considering I know I fucked up at least one question (20/90), that's not happening unless they get super generous with partial marks. >_>

If they let me retake one of my other exams that I completely bombed I'll have a fair shot. I had a 74 going into that course's final and ended with a 58.

Been asking for months to have the leaky windows in our garden level apartment (half of the apartment is built into the ground, so our windows are just above the grass). They kept coming out when we weren't home and saying they couldn't find a leak or some bullshit. Multiple other tenants got their windows replaced before we FINALLY got ours replaced last week.

Today it rains for the first time with the new windows and I wake up to find my livingroom window just POURING water into our apartment. Called the landlord over an hour and a half ago and they said their maintenance man was on his way up here for something else and he'd come stop here as well. Saw his truck pull up briefly and now he's gone again. Never even knocked on our door or looked at the window from the outside.

FUCK EVERYTHING.

If you have mono and have a bloody throat Matt Ryan's dick must be bigger than I thought... No bullshit though Mono sucks. Sorry broski.

Been asking for months to have the leaky windows in our garden level apartment (half of the apartment is built into the ground, so our windows are just above the grass). They kept coming out when we weren't home and saying they couldn't find a leak or some bullshit. Multiple other tenants got their windows replaced before we FINALLY got ours replaced last week.

Today it rains for the first time with the new windows and I wake up to find my livingroom window just POURING water into our apartment. Called the landlord over an hour and a half ago and they said their maintenance man was on his way up here for something else and he'd come stop here as well. Saw his truck pull up briefly and now he's gone again. Never even knocked on our door or looked at the window from the outside.

FUCK EVERYTHING.

Sounds like its time to start withholding rent.

I don't know the laws of where you are, but I believe you normally have to go to city hall and pay your rent to them where they will hold it until the issues are solved. If not, I think you're still liable for not paying rent.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the area around the windows has started to rot and is soft to the touch because the last windows leaked so much. I'm positive that new drywall needs done (two of our neighbors had the same problem today), but the dumbfuck people at the real estate agency and their maintenance people keep acting like it's something structural outside, despite the fact that we showed them the visible hole in the molded out areas and a video of water pouring in like someone turned on a faucet.

Some of my shit got water damage and my girlfriend says she's going to demand a month's rent free. Our neighbors above us are doing the same. Thanks for the bit about city hall, I'll have to look into that.

I know moving is a pain in the ass, but is it possible for you to find a place that would cost you the same each month? You might get this issue resolved, but this seems like a landlord that is always going to be difficult to deal with.

• Upvote 1

We've been in this place for a little over two and a half years. The apartment is furnished with cheap crap that often breaks and their cheap maintenance crew is incompetent. The rent's not terrible, though, and the place isn't bad overall.

We're not planning on staying in this town for more than a couple more years at most, so we've kinda' resigned ourselves to the fact that they're just dumbasses that have to be hounded. If they give us real grief, though, it might come to withholding rent/finding a new place.

Im back. Lol.

In all seriousness i sprained the fuck out of my achilles and have to do physical therapy for the bone in my foot. Shifted out of place and shit is expensive for no reason.

In total shock. Another school shooting. This time the University I went to, my friends still go to, and where my Dad has overseen security and facilities project management for 25+ years.

https://twitter.com/sjensenK5/status/474685756879806464

I used to study right by this window. Can't believe it :(

https://twitter.com/KING5Seattle/status/474734309299863553

The gunman who opened fire at my alma mater SPU "visited Columbine and just wanted to shoot up a school"

https://twitter.com/pbernie7/status/474694731830534145

Edited by BC

I had a traumatizing experience at school today. No graphic images or anything, just a first-person narrative of some really heavy shit.

It's the last day of school, so we were celebrating two of our teachers retiring. One, a man in his 60's, delivers this epic farewell speech, shits on everything that's wrong with education, and starts singing a Bob Dylan song. Suddenly he stops, leans forward, and stutters as if dizzy. This creates a little bit of confusion, especially because I'm sitting at the table closest to him.

Backstory: he got out of the hospital two weeks ago, has been having heart trouble.

His wife is right there and gives him a nitroglycerin pill from a prescription bottle. Everything calms down, and the man regains his wit. He says he's fine and asks for the microphone he had been speaking out of. He says, "My dad said, 'When it's time to go, go,'" then something about finishing the race. I heard "Finish the race" and others heard "I finished the race." Then, "Goodbye." His head tilts, his eyes roll behind his head, and someone screams, "911! 911!" Bedlum ensues as our health teacher (a volunteer firefighter and certified EMT) tries to revive him.

All the teachers clear out of the media center, and we're all in shock, many in tears. Personally, I felt like someone swung a baseball bat right to my stomach. The paramedics arrive quickly and take him to a hospital, though they're still trying to resuscitate him as they're wheeling him to the ambulance.

So the last day of school, what should have been a joyous farewell, became a surreal horror scene. A few hours later, we heard the news that he died in the hospital.

Upon reflecting, a lot of teachers and I realized that with his farewell speech, he certainly went out on a high note, but it's sad that he won't get to enjoy retirement, and man, what a scene it was to witness...

Just felt like sharing because I feel we can all learn from others' experiences.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

I'm giving you a hug across the internet.

No I won't give you a reach around.

Yeah Stevo that definitely sounds like something you'd see in a movie or tv show. Not something you should have to experience personally.

And it'd be really weird if a shooting happened at my old school.

Just got news that my Great Grandfather is going to be taken off all of his medications and treatments and be put into hospice care. Apparently he told my Grandmother that he was 'ready' to go and that it was his time. He's always been a fearless man, and he's lived a long and prosperous life into his 90s. But one thing that always got to him was death. He was always afraid to die, and a lot of family thinks that is what has kept him going all these years. So to hear him say to his wife of 70 years or so, that he was ready to die is pretty surreal.

I have been extremely fortunate to have long living grandparents and I really got to know each of them VERY VERY well growing up. I have really only been to three funerals.. Two great grandmothers and a great great grandmother who lived to be over 100... And I wouldn't trade those experiences or life lessons for ANYTHING... But now is when I begin paying that theoretical price for those experiences and having to say goodbye to them all.

Probably gonna go see him for the last time this weekend or a little after before they take him off everything and let him go peacefully... I think I am more afraid of that than what comes next.

• Upvote 1

Just got news that my Great Grandfather is going to be taken off all of his medications and treatments and be put into hospice care. Apparently he told my Grandmother that he was 'ready' to go and that it was his time. He's always been a fearless man, and he's lived a long and prosperous life into his 90s. But one thing that always got to him was death. He was always afraid to die, and a lot of family thinks that is what has kept him going all these years. So to hear him say to his wife of 70 years or so, that he was ready to die is pretty surreal.

I have been extremely fortunate to have long living grandparents and I really got to know each of them VERY VERY well growing up. I have really only been to three funerals.. Two great grandmothers and a great great grandmother who lived to be over 100... And I wouldn't trade those experiences or life lessons for ANYTHING... But now is when I begin paying that theoretical price for those experiences and having to say goodbye to them all.

Probably gonna go see him for the last time this weekend or a little after before they take him off everything and let him go peacefully... I think I am more afraid of that than what comes next.

Death is hard no matter how old the person is as long as you've grown an attachment to them it's hard to see them move on. When you see him this weekend try to keep it out of your mind that this is the last time you'll be seeing and just try and add it to one more experience with him.

Like you said you're fortunate with your grandparents you've got to learn so much. My great grandfathers were both well gone when I was born and one of my grandfathers died when I was 2. I only actually have one grandparent left (my dad's dad).