Maverick

What kind of cell phone do you own?

What kind of phone do you own?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of phone do you own?

• Android
    • Apple
    • Other

You can tell a lot about a man from the type of phone he uses (not really).

I'm currently rocking a Samsung Galaxy SIII. I'm on my third one now in a year and a half. First replacement was my fault because I dropped my phone and cracked the screen. Second was faulty equipment on Samsung's part. Other than that, I'm a fan of the Galaxy's customization and interface. Haven't really had many problems with it beside this one reoccurring issue that comes around every now and then. Basically my phone refuses to lock and the screen just stays on.

I'm due for an upgrade in August. Not sure what I'll get and who knows what will be released by then. I favor Android but I'm not completely against Apple. Idk, may venture into an iPhone this time around...probably not, though.

• Downvote 2

I actually upgraded to an iPhone 5s yesterday, lol.

Had a Droid Razr which was an absolute tank of a phone and had a huge screen (started that trend) but the call quality really started to suck near the end. No scratches or anything and I dropped that phone 100+ times. Always had a Razr as well but Motorolla discontinued them so it was an easy choice to go to an iPhone.

Piece of shit Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Mega), unfortunately. :sigh:

Need to get a replacement for it too since the port is fucked.

Dearly miss the iPhone. :( :( :(

I have an iPhone 5.

Edited by GA_Eagle

Rockin' an old-school Droid X-2.

Rockin' an old-school Droid X-2.

What's yo numba gurl? ;)

But I have an Iphone 4

Edited by DirtyBird

Droid Razr Maxx HD. Thing has had some issues with charging but is overall a fucking tank. Got an otterbox on it.

What's yo numba gurl? ;)

But I have an Iphone 4

robert-de-niro.gif

• Upvote 1

iPhone 5s

Come at me.

I never believed in having a smart phone... Until a few weeks ago when my 90 year old great grandmother was telling me I was behind in the times.... So I bought an iPhone 4s or something. I honestly still don't really know how to use it, but I like it a lot.

• Upvote 1

iPhone 4s. I'm due for an upgrade, but I'm waiting for the 6 to come out before making a decision.

Droid 4. Only problem I've had was when I accidentally threw it onto the ground (slipped out of my hand) and the two halves came apart.

2012-02-1072dsc01630jt-600.jpg

I had to take the entire thing apart to put it back together, but it's been a year and a half since and it still works. I'm due for an upgrade, but I fucking despise trying to type on a piece of shit touch screen, which is what basically all new phones have moved to.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I have a house phone my cell phone sucks and died.

Nokia Lumia 1520. Its my baby and the love of my life. :yep:

NUSA-Lumia-1520-PP-Hero2-jpg.jpg

I had a note 2 before that, and upgraded in February, and was deciding between a Note 3 and an Iphone 5s. I have friends with both so I messed around with both, and was going to get a Note 3 until I saw the Lumia at the ATT store. It was love at first sight, and way better then the other two options.

Plus I was getting tired of the Android operating system.

282375-lg-octane-verizon-wireless.jpg?th

Still rocking the Octane. As long as it works, I'll use it. The only issue is the shift key on the front isn't working, which sucks because the little texting I do is with one hand and I don't want to start opening it and using the keyboard.

I already use the internet enough on my laptop. I'm kind of frightened by how much I'd use it if I had a smart phone. I will probably update within the next year or two, but I'd need one of the ultra durable phones. Didn't Casio make some extreme smartphone called the Commando or something?

Any tips on exceptionally durable phones? I'm prone to extreme wear and tear. I don't drop my phone a lot, but both of my primary work environments are really hard on a phone.

I hate Iphone. Droid is so much better imo. I have a S4. Iphones are easy to use and direct basically for people that don't have a clue what they are doing. It's very simple and limited. Droids however, particularly the S4, Note II and III are very customizable and have a ton more features. You can do so much more and clearly outshines the Iphone capability wise for anyone that knows better. Working at a Best Buy Mobile in the past opened my eyes. You couldn't pay me to use an Iphone.

Exactly this. The same is true of all Apple products.

@ Bware

You probably just wanna go with an iphone, you can always turn the internet off or be that lame guy that has only 5 apps. My mom has had her phone durability issues too so her Christmas present was this super durable and also waterproof case. The thing is with the iphone they are constantly stocking the shelves at supermarkets with all different kinds of cases. The one my mom has, she can drop it in the toilet, run it over with the car, and it will still work.

The iphone 4s is treating me fine, see no reason to upgrade. I'm not really that tied to it, having mobile pandora and not having to worry about loading music onto an mp3 player is probably the go-to function for me. That and NFL notifs.

Edited by BC

Iphone screens stay cracking. It seems like all my friends with one has a cracked screen, or has had one in the past. If you want small, compact, and durable, Moto X is better in those department, and with almost equal specs and far smaller price is probably a better option.

I have an iPhone 4S with no plans of upgrading any time soon.

• Upvote 1

What do you guys all pay, per month, for your plans? Just wondering....

I hadn't had a super phone forever until this past Black Friday. They had Galaxy S4s for $28 and a contract to sign with Verizon. Decided to just do it, was a cheap deal so fuck it. It's definitely cool, still learning my way around it. I've had a lot of fun with the camera/video alone already. I was shocked at how good it is being I have a professional DSLR too for my work.

I pay $65 a month for 2 GB data, unlimited text/voice.