BLUE

The Johnny Manziel thread

These are the types of decisions poor franchises make. Johnny should have been a day three pick.

These are the types of decisions poor franchises make. Johnny should have been a day three pick.

No kidding. The entire thing baffles me... You KNOW what and who he is. You have people telling you that he will not change, especially right away. You take him anyway... OK... Then you fail to put the structure and authority around him to actually try and correct it. It's in insane.

Johnny is a spoiled ass child... And the Browns are playing the part of enablers. It's sickening.

you know, he's probably going to retire, but if Matt Hasselbeck still wants to play Cleveland should do anything they can to bring him in, I think he'd be the perfect mentor for Manziel and he's a free agent

All I wanted is for whatever it took to make sure this entitled little prick didn't succeed would come to fruition.

Then he got drafted by the Browns! Wish granted!

Fuck the little punk. He's been due for some bad fortune for years with his antics and entitlement. What's that posthumous Johnny Cash song? Sooner or Later, God'll Cut You Down!

• Downvote 1

Showing up hungovers to games is a good way to get kicked out of the league. This isn't the 70's anymore, and you aren't even good enough to get away with it. lmao. I feel bad for Browns fans, their organization is a complete disaster.

I wouldn't entirely give up on him cause of this stuff. He needs to mature up, and he probably needs some professional help with alcohol, etc. Didn't Atlanta trade Favre because he had sober issues?

A lot of people party, and a lot of players probably show up to games on Sunday mornings/afternoons still drunk, or hungover (I'm guessing here). Of all the reasons to possibly give up on him, too much partying, and a possible alcohol problem should be at the bottom.

As far as the playbook and everything else, honestly, he had no business starting at any point this past season. Guy should of been riding the bench, with someone at him about learning the playbook, developing constantly. Of course, none of this matters if he doesn't want to grow as a player/person.

All I wanted is for whatever it took to make sure this entitled little prick didn't succeed would come to fruition.

Then he got drafted by the Browns! Wish granted!

Fuck the little punk. He's been due for some bad fortune for years with his antics and entitlement. What's that posthumous Johnny Cash song? Sooner or Later, God'll Cut You Down!

While I am incredibly disappointed in what Johnny has done; and the lack of effort he has put in, I didn't actively root for him to fail. Badmouthing and raging at some other person who you've never, nor probably ever will meet is ignorant.

not to long ago most of tgp was going crazy over him. how times have changed.

who was crazy over him? I won't claim to remember everything posted on this board, but it seems like even the most optimistic on this board at least gave a caveat of "assuming he gets his shit together"

as well with ricky and mathias and a few others if my memory serves me right.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Fuck him. Fuck them. Fuck me.

Going to work now so I can afford to support these losers next season.

• Upvote 1

It was just Mathias and Durst, to my knowledge. Most people were very afraid of his character issues as well as his overall talent.

Me calling him the 2nd coming of Pat White was an insult to Pat White, it appears.

White wasn't nearly this dumb.

Johnny Manziel enters treatment
Updated: February 2, 2015, 10:40 AM ET
By Jeremy Fowler | ESPN.com
CLEVELAND -- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel entered treatment on Wednesday, adviser Brad Beckworth told ESPN.com through a Manziel spokesman.
"Johnny knows there are areas in which he needs to improve in order to be a better family member, friend and teammate and he thought the offseason was the right time to take this step," Beckworth said.
"On behalf of Johnny and his family, we're asking for privacy until he rejoins the team in Cleveland."

Good on him for getting treatment, hopefully he can straighten himself out

Apparently Browns might move for Mariota...

Rehab not looking to great considering his 50% completion rate.

yesjacknicholson.gif

with two first rounders they could do it, their picks are 12 and 19 (they have Buffalo's from the Sammy Watkins deal) which according to the first trade value chart I found would get them to the fourth pick (Chart)

This would be a very Browns-like move IMO :yao:

• Upvote 1

Durst was enamored with him.

I don't know if I was enamored with him, but I did go on record saying how upset I was that the Browns leapfrogged the Chiefs and stole the guy. I wanted him in a Chiefs uniform. I'm not even gonna pretend I didn't. I've always been aware of the question marks, but I thought that he'd be able to at least throw the ball at the NFL level. As it stands ATM, I might just have been dead wrong about that. Could be a bullet dodged scenario here.

He didn't play much and clearly wasn't prepared when he did see action, most of which is completely on him. I do still wonder if things would have been at least a little different had he gone to a team who's head coach wasn't another rookie who didn't even want the kid on the roster to begin with though. He was clearly a cash grab by the owner. Season tickets sold out in like 8 hours or something crazy like that. In a market where a lot of people who aren't even sure what they'll be eating for dinner next week since they aren't sure what's on sale at the grocery store yet, that's quite a feat.

This would be a very Browns-like move IMO :yao:

Moving on from a QB with question marks to another QB with question marks and giving up the house to do it? Yeah, sounds like Browns to me. lol Mariota has the same ON THE FIELD questions that Johnny did. He seems to be head and shoulders above Manziel as far as just about every off the field aspect goes, but the fact remains that there's no way of knowing if this guy can fit into a pro-style offense.

Back to Manziel though, I'm not going to completely count the kid out. He's still a kid, and he definitely took some lumps this season. He was served up some humble pie, but if it didn't humble him at all then he's going to have the same problems going forward. If he wants to be taken seriously as an NFL QB, it's time that he starts taking it seriously himself.

Out Of The Blue

and Into The Black

Johnny Rotten is

Smoking Crack!

My My, Hey Hey

Johnny Rotten Cant Even Play.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel