oochymp

Super Bowl L

ezgif-3327338600.gif

tcHAC7e.gif

And this is our MVP? Carolina's fearless leader in the biggest game of his life.

• Upvote 2

What a game boy Von. If he didn't win MVP then that's some bullshit. Just got home from my cousins so i don't know who actually won MVP.

What a game boy Von. If he didn't win MVP then that's some bullshit. Just got home from my cousins so i don't know who actually won MVP.

He did! :rock:

Here we have fearless leader and MVP walking out of his presser and sulking like a sad cunt.

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/696549101811449856

Wow. He really needs to learn how to accept losing. He's got plenty of years to get back to a Super Bowl.

I'm not gonna fault a guy for being a whiny bitch immediately after the fact as long as he owns up to it later. Losses are tough man.

A couple of points before I get to the game:

1. Cam Newton would not have recovered that fumble and really had no chance to dive onto the ball without risking a bad, bad concussion or knocking it away from Kalil, who had a much better chance at a recovery. Nothing made me angrier than hearing that moron Phil Simms roasting Cam for that play. He made the right decision. He gave his center, who had a much better chance of recovering it, a chance to recover it before Miller sent it back. He also avoided a potential concussion. It was the right thing to do. He wouldn't have recovered it.

2. In the shoutbox earlier I said that Kurt Coleman had to pick Peyton at least once and that Michael Oher couldn't get eaten alive. Kurt Coleman was invisible and both Panthers tackles had absolutely horrible games. Miller and Ware will do that to guys, but to not even show up? Come on, dudes.

On the game:

1. Denver's defense is the best defense I've seen since the Ravens in 2000. They are absolutely phenomenal and a treat to watch. Hopefully this unit is together for some years to come.

2. I can't believe there was so much debate about that Cotchery non-catch. The nose of the ball hit the ground and it turned over in his hand. He lost control of it. It was not a catch.

3. Clete Blakeman's crew recovered somewhat in the second half but they were really calling some No Fun League shit in that first half. That taunting call on Talib was one of the worst Super Bowl penalties in recent memory. Denver still got the stop but you make that call on a lesser defense, taking away an initial stop and giving the offense a chance to score after not earning a first down--that could have been disastrous. Clete's crew better thank their lucky stars that that didn't turn into anything, because it should have been offsetting or no penalty at all.

4. Where the fuck is Demaryius Thomas? Seriously, has anybody seen him lately? Better find those Space Jam aliens so they can give him back his talent.

5. Good on Peyton Manning, but please retire before you can accept Senior Citizen benefits. Good god, man. GTFO.

6. Thomas Davis has quickly become one of my favorite NFL players. To overcome so much combined with being such a quality individual--how can you not love this guy?

7. Where the fuck was Greg Olsen tonight? Did he do anything? I don't recall him being gimpy or anything, but Denver took him away.

8. Carolina is set to succeed for many years to come, and they will get their ring, but it may take a few seasons yet because there are teams breathing down their neck in the conference, and it's only a matter of time before Tampa Bay starts competing with them. Atlanta I'm not sure about, but you'd think they'll improve. New Orleans? Meh. I'm not worried about Carolina's division, but teams like Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, and Dallas with Romo are going to have their sights set on knocking off the Panthers.

Congratulations to both of these teams and their fans on this board for great seasons, and may we see another great defensive Super Bowl like this in the not-too-distant future!

Don't care about refs or anything though I admit was surprised to see Blakeman be the head red in a super bowl

AffectionateAdeptAcaciarat.gif

The last time the Broncos played the Panthers, we sacked Cam Newton 7 times.

That was in 2012 lol. No bearing whatsoever.

:smug:

CapreCgUUAA9VLr.jpg

Good game Carolina, but what a bitch. Act like a man and give credit where it's due.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Give me Denver 20-13, for a couple of reasons:

1) A lot of people picking a blowout in this one - which is a little concerning. Same thing happened last weekend with the Pats and look what happened.

2) Defense wins championships. Great offense vs great defense. We know how that usually ends up. I'll note that the difference here is that Carolina's defense is still pretty damn good so the motto doesn't entirely apply to this situation, but it still carries some weight.

3) It's worth mentioning Denver will be the best defense Carolina has faced this season.

Having said that, I like both teams and wouldn't mind either winning. I prefer Denver because of Peyton and Ware, but I wouldn't be upset if Carolina won.

Pretty accurate. :yep:

Than tried telling me Seattle's D was just as good as Denver lol...

Edited by Maverick

Cam has always been a sore loser. Something he's gotta grow out of, he's not the only guy though.

Peyton Manning didn't shake hands with New Orleans Saints players after his lost 31-17 in Super Bowl XLIV.

Apparently some think this is a sign of poor sportsmanship from the NFL's greatest player. It's not.

Walking off the field without congratulating Drew Brees may go against our misguided notion of what sportsmanship should be, but it wasn't at all disrespectful or bitter. It shows how much Peyton Manning wanted to win the game. And who can argue about that?

LeBron James was caught up in a similar controversy during the NBA playoffs last year and the same thing that was true then is true now: A perfunctory handshake doesn't make someone a good sport. It either makes them indifferent to the game's result or a good actor. What would people have preferred Peyton and LeBron do, laugh off the loss with apathy and treat the victors to dinner after? This isn't Little League.

The only time I question my sports fandom is when the players I'm rooting for seem to care less about the result than I do. I don't want to see my team's quarterback laughing on the sideline while losing a big game. If I care so much, why shouldn't the players?

"It's just a job for these guys," is a familiar refrain. The natural response to that is the great ones make their job their passion. Hall of Fames don't tend to include guys who can't care. The desire to win is what sustains greatness. You think Michael Jordan was hugging Isiah Thomas after losses in the 1980s? Or that Larry Bird stayed on the court to congratulate Kareem? Ted Williams and Joe DiMaggio weren't going out for drinks after the Yankees beat the Red Sox. The great ones are competitors and competitors can't flip a switch immediately after a devastating loss and act like it didn't matter.

Being a good sportsman is playing fair, respecting the game and giving credit after to an opponent. Manning did all those things Sunday. In his postgame press conference he said of his quick exit:

"I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won. There's not much consolation for the guys who didn't win. There's the stage being set up and the celebration. It's time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field."

That's probably a tad disingenuous, but no more than it would have been if Peyton had walked over to congratulate Drew Brees.

For the record, Peyton did call Brees later in the night. Said the Saints quarterback: "Peyton's a class guy." If the man who was supposedly snubbed thinks so, that's enough for me.

From 2010: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Peyton-Manning-storms-off-Super-Bowl-field-Is-h?urn=nfl,218314

After the game last night:

CasbJr7WwAAH6ZZ.jpg

CasbJr-XEAEyodB.jpg

CasbJr_XEAA41uF.jpg

CasbJtKWcAInars.jpg

Just sayin...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, enough of the unwarranted Cam hate.

• Downvote 1

No no and more no. Stop trying to defend Cam. Cam has always looked up to and respected Peyton. Of course he's going to be all smiles when congratulating Peyton on his last game ever as an all time great..would you go up to Peyton muy triste after the SB? No.

Cam has always been this way ever since his Auburn days. The dude has a massive ego and likes to be cool and all when his team is winning...but when his team loses? The woe is me attitude sets in more aggressively in him than others, and he tends to sulk extremely heavily and reality sets in and he realizes he's not the shit for a period of time.

This game was a reminder to him that...he's not a superhero, he's not going to win them all, clearly..he has never played any form of such a tenacious defense..and he just needs to grow a pair. Between the whole fumble thing. IDGAF if he didn't/couldn't recover it...at least make somewhat of a positive effort instead of jumping back. Also? I don't care about pressers but take the L like a man. Peyton got massacred and numerous other players have lost in the SB by worse margins. Walking out and acting like a little boy isn't how you face your battles, I wouldn't care if Cam didn't talk so much shit prior to before..especially with the whole how Emmanuel Sanders was a nobody..but come on dude.

He wants to float on cloud 9 every single day, but then he wants his safe space when he doesn't get his motherfucking way.

Tired of his antics, this is who he is, and with his attitude he asks for people to hate on him. Brings it on himself.

Cam was shook after watching the 2016 blockbuster horror flick: NightWARE on VON Street.

:smug:

• Upvote 1

Yeah, enough of the unwarranted Cam hate.

unwarranted? Did you see the loser on the sidelines? He is a piss poor leader when things are going bad. He's been that way since entering the NFL. It's easy to lead when everything is going your way. The entire Panthers team are sore losers.
  • Upvote 2

I'd give him a break if he wasn't like that any time something doesn't go his way. if it was a one time thing, I think you can say.. Okay, it makes sense. But it's a pattern and that's just who he is.

Well, I don't know about all that. But I will say that I could see a point that if he wants to literally over celebrate everything, at least be a man in defeat. But this is why people don't like him, he just isn't humble at all.

• Upvote 1

First off, congrats to the Broncos, that was one of the best defensive performances I've seen in a long time.

Secondly, Mr. OAK/ATL/PHI/CHI- I stick with my team. Through ups and downs. I don't jump ship when things don't go our way. Idk where you're getting this elitist crap from, you're just being a bitter rival fan. When you jump ship back to the Falcons after the Raiders get wrecked next year, (and lmao at you thinking Von Miller is going to be in silver and black), just remember what you are.

Kony Ealy is going to be something special. I said before the game he needed to start over Jared Allen. He didn't, but he got some major snaps- 3 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 FF, and an INT. He was the MVP if Carolina had pulled it out.

Edit: Apparently he didn't get some major snaps. He did all that on 20 snaps. Wtf, coaching staff. Why was he not allowed to play the whole damn game? Such a dumb decision.

All you guys hating on Carolina's players- outside of Cam, which I'll get to in a second- need to sit down and shut up. Josh Norman went up and congratulated Peyton Manning on the field of play. Did he cry at the end when the confetti was falling? Yes. He's younger than I am and just lost the SB. He probably feels like he should have caught two INTs, (they would have been amazing catches, not faulting him in the slightest). Cut him a bit of slack please.

The entire team is a sore loser? Please. Cam is, not the rest of them.

Despite what Bware says, I can indeed blame Cam for not going after that football. The score is 16-10 with 4 minutes left, if he recovers the fumble, we're still alive. Not in good shape, but alive. The only possible excuse I could see is he was repositioning himself incase the ball came squirting out, but I'm not really buying that either.

Mike Shula reverted to old Mike Shula. It felt like every possession on first and 10 we ran the ball from power-I for two yards, forcing the entire gameplan to be from 2nd and 8. Brandon Marshall, (Denver LB, not the WR), said they kept expecting wrinkles to come and they just never did. I just don't get how the coaching staff can be so seemingly unprepared for the biggest game of the season.

Cam played decent on the field, IMO. He overthrew guys on the first two drives, like someone else said. After that, it was Jerricho Cotchery dropping balls or people not blocking anything. He didn't seem to flat out miss much after those first two drives. The TD drive was him just taking the team on his back, not sure why we didn't go back to that. Overlooked in the "controversy" (I agree with Bware, that ball clearly touches the ground and moves, no catch), is that if Cotchery catches that ball the first time it hits his hands, we don't have a ref decision to live by. Our WRs played like everyone was expecting them to play at the beginning of the year- with the exception of Ted Ginn, guy balled out out there.

That said, refs were horrible. It was Clete's first SB, so maybe he gets a bit of slack as well. But there were some really ticky tack calls on both sides, not what I want to see in a SB. Let them play. Better team still won, doesn't change the fact that the refs were pretty damn bad.

How Cam Newton acted after the game is a complete embarrassment. I didn't watch that last night, I turned off the game after the second Von Miller strip sack, but you can't do that. I don't mean on the field- as Campin pointed out, he too congratulated Peyton after the game- but in the postgame, that was some awful shit and just gave all the people who have been ragging on him all season for stupid shit more ammunition. I understand taking the loss tough, its the Super Bowl, but walking out on the interview- and they weren't asking him any bad questions or anything- is childish. Need to act like a man in both victory and defeat.

This one hurts. I'm probably going to take a break from around here for a bit, sorry. I just need to get away from football for a bit. I was very emotionally invested in this team this year and it dawned on me last night even before the game that it was probably too much.

Watch some hockey, (Go Caps!), play some XCom 2, life goes on.

Panthers will be back. Was a fantastic season even with the way it ended, no one thought this team was going to be NFC Champions after our #1 WR went down. Just didn't have enough weapons to take out the Broncos defense. KB is going to be back, we're going to get some more young guys in the draft- probably at positions everyone, including me, thinks we don't need them at- and we have quite a bit of salary cap room to hopefully get a deal worked out with J-No.

GO PANTHERS!

Edit: Final note, TD is an animal. I really hope we can get this guy a ring this year or the next, (he said he was retiring after the 2017 season).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBg5N8Ci_Fe/

That is the arm he played with last night.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

No no and more no. Stop trying to defend Cam.

The first thing I wrote in my post is that he's always been a sore loser. Not defending him as much as showing that Peyton and others have done the same. Some folks are sore losers :shrug:

EDIT: Von's instagram post >>>

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBhBef8G0A7/

Edited by CampinWithDonPeytonManning

:rofl: @ VinStar