AllYouNeedIsLovie

Best pick of the 1st round?

There were some pretty good ones, but for me it is a toss up between Fariley to the Lions and Amukamara to the G-Men. If I had to choose one, I think I'd go with Prince, but both were excellent picks.

Prince to the Giants

Cameron Jordan to the Saints.

Ryan Kerrigan.

One of the better moves was, sadly, the Browns trading up for Phil Taylor. =/

Not to mention getting ATL's 2nd & 4th this year as well as their 1st & 4th next year

I'm going to say Dareus to the Bills. Kyle Williams + Marcell Dareus = Wow. Prince to the Giants and Fairley to the Lions were huge though.

Browns getting taylor, Cameron jordan slides to the saints, Gmen getting prince.

I hate to say that a division rival had one of the better picks, but Lions snagging Fairley was pretty good move.

Browns might have had the best, though. Like Irish said, they got an AMAZING deal. Phil Taylor, and 4 more draft picks from Atlanta. I'd take that any day.

Yeah like someone said in another thread, forget who it was,

"Atlanta got Mike Holmgren's dick inserted in their ass." Whoever said that stated it perfectly.

Here are five picks that I really liked... (I leave out Houston's pick for homerism reasons)

:Bills: Marcell Dareus

:49ers: Aldon Smith

:dolphins: Mike Pouncey

:Giants: Prince Amukamara

:Bears: Gabe Carimi

• Upvote 1

I think we got great value from that carimi pick.

Guest Durant4MVP

The Browns committed highway robbery, lol. They won tonight.

Instant affect? I'm going with Fairley joining Suh in Detroit.

Peterson to Arizona could really turn that secondary around and bring Rodgers Cromartie and Wilson back up to form. Should be one of the best secondaries in the league next year.

Gabbert to Jacksonville, if it works out, might disrupt the natural order of the AFC South. We could see Houston and Jax at the top for years to come once Peyton quits.

I thought the baldwin pick and the carpenter pick were odd.

I think everybody so far has done a good job in pointing out some of the finer picks, but here are a few selections that got WTF reactions but could become great picks down the road.

-The 49ers take OLB Aldon Smith. If you're like me, you were puzzled by this pick for two reasons. One: Prince Amukamara was on the board. Two: if the Niners wanted a pass rusher, why not take Robert Quinn? Now, sit back and consider the potential of Smith, and of that defense in general. Just picture Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, and DeMarcus Ware on the same front seven. If San Fran can fix the secondary, we're talking about a top 5 defense, folks.

-The Lions take DT Nick Fairley. Us folks here at TGP really hate guys like Fairley who have red flags pertaining to their motor, effort, and one-hit wonderness. But keep in mind he'll be playing next to Ndamukong Suh, a very similar player. Fairley is still a project, but this could be one of the greatest DT tandems in NFL history.

-The Patriots take OT Nate Solder. None of us were surprised to see New England draft an offensive lineman. But we were definitely surprised when said offensive lineman was not Anthony Castonzo. Remember, though, that Bill Belichick drafted a similar type of lineman in Sebastian Vollmer, and he's working out pretty well at right tackle. If Solder works out similarly, teams will have trouble breaking Tom Brady's ankles for years to come.

-The Chiefs take WR Jonathan Baldwin. If you're big on the measurables, Baldwin was probably your third favorite receiver this year. But even Pittsburgh homers must have been surprised to see Scott Pioli pick this kid up in the first round. But to understand this pick, keep in mind a few things about Kansas City's offense. Dexter McCluster is converting to full-time running back, and Dwayne Bowe isn't one to be relied upon. Matt Cassell will need a true number one receiver to be successful, and Baldwin has the capacity to be just that.

Blaine Gabbert.

Great Moves

:Redskins: Ryan Kerrigan. Might be a transitional guy, but you add a 3rd rounder and get an excellent high floor pass rusher. He can grow into the scheme.

:Giants: Prince Amukamara. How the hell does this guy fall so far? Just because he isn't a 'playmaker'? That shit doesn't matter when it comes to coverage.

:Saints: Cameron Jordan. How does this guy fall so far? He's versatile, smart, and has a football legacy as well.

:Jets: Muhammad Wilkerson

:Packers: Derek Sherrod

Moves that could be good, but have a lot of potential to go south

:Broncos: Von Miller

:Titans: Jake Locker

:Chargers: Corey Liuget

:Bucs: Adrian Clayborn

:Ravens: Jimmy Smith

Absolute Fail

:panthers: Cam Newton

:Saints: Mark Ingram

:Falcons: Julio Jones

:Bengals: AJ Green. He's a great player, but you don't help your team at all.

:Lions: Nick Fairley

Baldwin pick surprised me a bit, he's the guy I wanted KC to grab at the end of the season. But as the offseason progressed, I had him falling into the 2nd round.

Nevertheless, I'm glad they nabbed him. Hopefully he can become the flanker I'd hoped for, and keep Bowe at his natural position as split end.

But I believe the Browns made out the best....so far, we'll see what they do with the extra picks.

I hate to say it but the Saints nabbing Jordan was a steal. It hurts me even more since I wanted the Bucs to grab him.

:Lions::Saints::Cardinals::Giants:

Crap, and KC plays Detroit next season, Cassel's probably going to call in sick that day.

Baldwin pick surprised me a bit, he's the guy I wanted KC to grab at the end of the season.

But I believe the Browns made out the best....so far, we'll see what they do with the extra picks.

I read an article in Bleacher Report's weekly newsletter a couple of months ago, and they were saying that it was all but a lock that the Chiefs were going to take Baldwin. I'm happy with that.

Browns definitely made out like a bandit.

That being said, I'll be true to the thread now. Best pick was a draw between the Browns getting Taylor and the Lions getting Fairley (unless he ends up being FAILey)

Clearly the best pick of the draft was Jake Locker at #8 :p I'm kidding of course, it could turn out really well, but we won't know for at least 3-4 years

In all honesty, I think the Skins had one of the best first rounds, getting an extra pick and then still getting the guy they probably wanted to begin with is definitely a good move, and Kerrigan should turn into a stud across from Orakpo