• New York Jets
    • Green Bay Packers
    • New England Patriots
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Other (specify in thread)

This was brought up in the shout box a couple days ago and since we are still locked out and starving for discussion I thought I might as well make a topic of it. So, what team do you guys think CURRENTLY possesses the greatest bandwagon in the NFL? Obviously we have no way of proving one way or another so this is completely opinion base.

I'm going with the Steelers. They've been the most successful team over the past 5 years and success breeds frontrunners. That Black and Yellow song helped a bit too last year. I know quite a few people who are fans of the Steelers purely based on that song.

Raiders, I've never met as many fans of any team that have can't name more than a couple people ON the team.

The Raiders are the "bad boys" of football, that draws alot of bandwagoners on it's own...

Many Raider fans I've met, are merely fans of being Raider fans more than anything else...others are fans of the colors Silver and Black.

Occasionally, I'll run into a Raider fan, that actually knows something about Football.

Cowgirls

I'll say the Pats but it was close between them and the Cowboys.

From my personal experience, the Saints. Plenty of bandwagon fans since they won a SB and they still haven't jumped off. I know a few people on FB that still claim to be true fans of the Saints and I'm just like dude, jump off the wagon already.

Other than them, the Steelers are a popular choice.

Saints fans DO seem to be everywhere IRL. Particularly annoying as well. See very few online though.

edit: are the Eagles on there because of Bangy? Its tough to have a huge bandwagon following if you've never won a Super Bowl and no championships since 1960. Though the Vick thing has seemed to grow the fanbase in ATL for some reason :shifty:

Edited by GA_Eagle

Steelers. I cant tell you how many Steelers jersey I see walking around on Fridays before games at my school. And most of them can't even say Big Ben's last name right. And I live in VA so no reason for them. Also a bunch in Louisville.

I have to say the Patriots. Honestly, when I see a Patriots fan, I just think that they are a bandwagon fan and don't know much about here. There are exceptions here though (BradyFan, Ryan Mallett, NEFan)

• Upvote 1

Pats by a landslide.

I would say Dallas, but most Cowboys fans that are still around by now are real Cowboys fans... but there are a bunch in New Jersey and I'm sure states all over the U.S. that don't talk about football until you bring it up, and they have their Cowboys jackets and hats hidden in the closet until they win something.

Around this area, it's common to see a guy (or girl) walking around in a Roethlisberger jersey. It kind of makes sense geographically. But I went to the Miami area a couple years ago and I saw more Steelers jerseys than Bucs, Dolphins and Jags combined. The most, I'd have to say the Steelers. But the worst, are Cowboys.

Around here everyone claims to be a fucking Packers fan, yet the only names they've ever been able to recite are Favre and now, after the Super Bowl, Rodgers.

Around here it's definitely the Pats. The Bears obviously have the most fans, then Green Bay, then Indy, then Pittsburgh. All of those fans are loyal though. In fifth place would be the Pats, and almost all of their fans have no reason to like the team other than they are good.

• Upvote 1

Around here everyone claims to be a fucking Packers fan, yet the only names they've ever been able to recite are Favre and now, after the Super Bowl, Rodgers.

By "everyone" you mean just Bangy...correct?

lol

By "everyone" you mean just Bangy...correct?

lol

Nah... Bangy is an Eagles fan now.

Honestly I'd probably say the Saints have the most bandwagon fans right now. They had hardly any fans and then suddenly they are everywhere after a couple good seasons and a SB win and they don't seem to have died down at all.

Hard to consider Cowboy fans bandwagons since they haven't done a damn thing in so long, Pats have a lot but they have died down a bit. Steelers also have a lot but they also have a lot of actual die hard fans all over the country so it's kind of hard to tell how many they really have.

Anyway, as of right now my vote goes for the Saints.

Am I the only one who thought of the Colts?

It's easy to say the Pack because they're the champs...

but really, I'd say Pittsburgh has the most. When the answer to why they like them is "they have the most Super Bowl wins" then I consider that riding on the bandwagon. And I hear that answer more often than something a common sports fan would say. Also, when I ask which player they like the most, a response of "all of them" doesn't help.

I'd also say it's easy to say the Saints because before they were connected so strongly with Katrina and then earning the championship, even Saints fans hated the Saints. :bag:

I don't really understand the Pats bandwagon connection. From what I see, most hate them.

I would say the Patriots or the Steelers. Both are successful organizations and seem to gain a lot more fans quite rapidly. Where I'm from there isn't much else other than Packers fans lol, and if there are they're either Bears or Vikings fans since they either grew up in Minnesota or Illinois. That's just my experience anyway.

I picked Philly because of the Vick bandwagon. Other than that, New Orleans fans have popped up all over the place in the last 5 years. At the same time, I think Katrina interested people in football because of the Saints, so if these new fans are also new to football, that's OK by me.

Firstly... I would like to say that I am voting STRICTLY on my very very small area in Iowa. Not casting a cloud over TGP members or anything like that.

But....

I remember, back in the day, in High School. I would wear at least 2 packer shirts a week, and then my sweatshirt and jacket in the winter time almost every day... haha. I was, and still am quite obsessed.

Anyway... I always found it convenient that even when we lost, got beaten, and destroyed... I would still pull out the Packers gear. One of a handful of kids in school who would wear a Packers item that week. But low and behold, whenever we won, half of the kids in the building were Packer fans.

There were jerseys, hates, watches, necklaces, and even shoes. And then, all of a sudden, I was just another guy wearing green. It was so beyond frustrating because I knew 90% of those people were just 'fans' because it was cool.

Therefore... I have to pick the Pack IN MY AREA, before the Super Bowl.

I'd have to go with the Saints. I live an hour and a half from Tampa and just a year or so ago there were probably more people claiming to be Saints fans than Buc fans. There were hardly many Saints fans in Louisiana not that long ago, and I'm supposed to believe that Florida is full of hardcore Saints fans? One of my neighbors used to be a Falcons fan and wore a Michael Vick jersey a lot, but after he got arrested he claimed to be a Saints fans because of Reggie Bush. He tells me now he'll be a Saints fan even if Bush leaves, but I still think he's a bandwagoner.

Saints fans DO seem to be everywhere IRL. Particularly annoying as well. See very few online though.

edit: are the Eagles on there because of Bangy? Its tough to have a huge bandwagon following if you've never won a Super Bowl and no championships since 1960. Though the Vick thing has seemed to grow the fanbase in ATL for some reason :shifty:

The Eagles garnered quite a bandwagon in the early 2000's with their NFC Championship run, I remember seeing quite a few Eagles jerseys in middle school. And more recently the Vick signing has definitely increased fanship.