AllYouNeedIsLovie

Which players on your team surprised and dissapointed you the most?

:Bucs:

Surpises: Brian Price, Adrian Clayborn, Preston Parker

Dissapointments: Josh Freeman, Arrellious Benn, Tanard Jackson

Surprises:

DJ Smith: was a stud when he was filling in for Bishop. Wish we would try him at ROLB.

Special Teams: Was terrible last year but every aspect has improved this season.

Disappointments:

BJ Raji: He's played alright but just not as dominant as he was last season.

Erik Walden: Tired of this guy, he hardly wins 1v1 matchups and seems to give up on plays at times

JerMichael Finley: Has the potential to be great and can make some great plays but has far too many drops.

Surprises: DQ52, Jabaal Sheard, Joe Haden, Greg Little

Disappointments: Entire right side of oline, Colt McCoy

:49ers:

Surprises:

NaVorro Bowman - didn't expect him to have this type of year.

Alex Smith - didn't think he would be limit the turnovers like he has.

Michael Crabtree - Crabs has been fairly consistent and very reliable.

Aldon Smith - 14.0 sacks. Did not see that one.

Tarell Brown - underrated IMO.

Disappointments:

Braylon Edwards - my god...

Ted Ginn on offense. As a return man he is fantastic.

Anthony Davis - not shaping out to be what we drafted him to be.

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Surprise: Antonio Brown. I knew he had potential, but I did not expect him to break 1,000 yards in such a short time in a season. I am not sure if he has even begun to realize his full potential yet, either.

Disappointment: As always, the OL.

• Upvote 1

Surprises: Connor Barwin, J.J. Watt, Brooks Reed, Ben Tate, T.J. Yates

Disappointments: Kareem Jackson, Eric Winston, Jacoby Jones, Matt Schaub (For not staying healthy)

Surprised: Roy Helu, even though he is a rookie, I didn't expect him to have the impact on the running game that he has had since taking over the starting job.

Disappointed: Not really sure any one player stands out to me, everyone performed at about what I expected (which is not a good thing). Our "QB" threw mind-boggling INT's, our offensive line gave up a shit-fuck load of sacks, our defense didn't force enough turnovers (though it played pretty damn well the rest of the time).

Surprise: Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Riley Cooper

Disappointment: Nate Allen, Kurt Coleman

Surprises: LeSean McCoy (knew he'd be good this year but didn't expect that much out of him), Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Brian Rolle, Derek Landri

Dissapointments: DRC (dude has been complete and utter trash), Nnamdi Asomugha, Jaiquan Jarrett (has hardly seen the field), Kurt Coleman, Michael Vick, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Ronnie Brown

Surprises: LeSean McCoy (knew he'd be good this year but didn't expect that much out of him), Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Brian Rolle, Derek Landri

Dissapointments: DRC (dude has been complete and utter trash), Nnamdi Asomugha, Jaiquan Jarrett (has hardly seen the field), Kurt Coleman, Michael Vick, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Ronnie Brown

Totally forgot about Maclin. Dude is a solid receiver but I keep waiting for him to break out and live up to his 1st round expectations.

Surprises: Tyron Smith, DeMarco Murray, Laurent Robinson, Tony Fiametta, Sean Lee, Orlando Scandrick, Kenyon Coleman, Montrae Holland

Disappointments: Jenkins, Newman, Doug Free, Phil Costa, Kyle Kosier, Kevin Ogletree, John Phillips (for not seeing more time), Phil Costa, Phil Costa, Phil Costa

:Giants:

Surprise: Victor Cruz, Jake Ballard, Jason Pierre-Paul

Disappointment: Ahmad Bradshaw, Mario Manningham, the whole o-line, Brandon Jacobs, and Osi

Surprises:

DJ Smith: was a stud when he was filling in for Bishop. Wish we would try him at ROLB.

Special Teams: Was terrible last year but every aspect has improved this season.

Disappointments:

Erik Walden: Tired of this guy, he hardly wins 1v1 matchups and seems to give up on plays at times

JerMichael Finley: Has the potential to be great and can make some great plays but has far too many drops.

I actually agree with your list a lot so...

I would just add TJ Lang to the surprises.. He isn't great or some amazing player. But after his performance last season... He has bounced back very nicely.

Disappointments: Jenkins

No. He's the best corner on the team.

Surprises: Greg Little

Really? Dude couldn't catch shit. I'd be closer to filing him under "disappointments"

Surprises: Evan Moore, D'Qwell Jackson, Chris Gocong (I thought he would be worthless in the 4-3)

Disappointments: Mohamed Massaquoi (just won't develop into a good player), Montario Hardesty (Got his chance and got hurt then lost carries to some guy named Ogbannaya), Daniel McCoy

Surprises: Cam Newton (QB), Jeremy Shockey (TE), Brandon LaFell (WR), Kealoha Pilares (KR).

Disappointments: Legedu Nanee (WR), Terrell McClain (DT), Sione Fua (DT).

Newton is obvious.

Shockey has played very well, much better than I expected an older vet with his history to play.

LaFell was not supposed to be the #2 WR this year, David Gettis went down in preseason and then we got Nanee. But then Nanee failed to fill that role and Brandon stepped in admirably. He's been the #2 WR in all but name nearly the whole season.

Kealoha has an awesome name first off. Secondly, his explosiveness in the return game was showcased only a few times because he was a bit overcautious about returning it. Once he gains confidence, the Panthers could have a weapon there.

Legedu is obvious. Lots of dropped balls, bad penalties, just a horrible overall season for a guy we wanted to be another Muhsin Muhammed.

Terrell McClain and Sione Fua were supposed to be our DTs of the future. Do. Not. Want. They rarely put pressure on the QB, were a big reason why we couldn't stop anyone from running the ball, and just pretty much sucked.

Edited by Thanatos19

Really? Dude couldn't catch shit. I'd be closer to filing him under "disappointments"

He surprises me with how much raw talent he has and his drive to get YAC. He is a beast. Yes, he's had drop issues but that can be worked on - dude has small hands. The fight, determination and want to get better is why I listed him under surprise.

Surprises: Von Miller (did not expect him to be this good coming out), Tim Tebow (didn't expect him to be a halfway decent passer), Britton Colquitt (it's been a while since we had a good punter. Hopefully the curse of post-Brett Kern is over)

Disappointments: Our receivers. Eric Decker started off decent but now he just drops everything that comes his way. Ryan Clady, he's been terrible at pass pro this year, and is barely our best run blocker. Far cry from his rookie year.

Otherwise it's been about expected, with a few fluke wins in our favour.

Suprises :

Tarvaris Jackson - Damned if I haven't done a total 180 on this guy. At the start of the season I was firmly in Camp Whitehurst, now I know better. T-Jack's the man, at least until we draft someone. No he hasn't played like an elite Qb this year, but he has played like a competant one, which is quite a bit more than I expected from him.

Marshawn Lynch - Yes, we were all impressed by the "Beast Mode Run" in last year's wildcard game against the Saints, but even then I never saw Lynch as anything special. A fair to decent running back, but certainly not amazing or elite. you know, someone to fill the spot until we drafted our star back. Now having watched him play this year he's quickly become one of my favorite players and he looks to be our feature back for years to come.

Doug Baldwin - This guy went undrafted. Nobody thought anything of him when we picked him up. god knows I sure didn't. Now he's our leading reciever. This guy could be something great in a couple years, and I find myself more excited about having picked up him than Sidney Rice, which leads me to my disappointments.

Disappointments :

Sidney Rice - Yes, I know he was neck and neck with Doug Baldwin in stats before he got hurt. That's just the point. He got hurt. He always seems to get hurt. The guy can't stay in for more than a few games. I don't care how much you produce when you do play, if you're always out it doesn't mean anything. That's not saying I blame Rice for getting hurt. It happens, but for Rice it seems to happen more than anyone else, and when you were brought in to be the #1 guy down the field you have to keep yourself on the field as much as you can. I need to see him out on the field for more than a couple games at a time.

Charlie Whitehurst - When this year started and I heard Tarvaris Jackson was starting I was firmly in the "Start Whitehurst ASAP" camp. He beat the Rams and got us the division title last year, and he looked good in the preseason games, so I waited for him to show up Jackson for the starting spot. and waited... and waited.. and it never happened. Then when Jackson got hurt I thought "This is it. Charlie's going to show everyone he deserves to be the starter!" Then he proceeded to fail at every turn against the Cleveland Browns. One would think playing "Better than Tarvaris Jackson" isn't that tall of an order, but apparently Charlie Whitehurst isn't capable of even that level of play. Man, I can't believe I ever supported this guy.

Edited by Jayrus

Surprises: Mark Anderson, Nate Solder and Wes Welker (didn't expect him to be this good).

Disappointments: Shaun Ellis, Chad Ochocinco, Albert Haynesworthless, Devin McCourty, Taylor Price, Jermaine Cunningham, Logan Mankins (somewhat), and Patrick Chung.

Surprises:

Antonio Brown - Sarge cleared this one up. Definitely didn't see him getting 1,000 yards this season. Very excited about this kid.

Marcus Gilbert - The Steelers almost never start rookies, and it took another IR'd Willie Colon to make that happen. Gilbert has played admirably for a rookie 2nd round pick and has a ton of upside for next year. Really glad that we've got 2/5 of the line taken care of.

Keenan Lewis - Finally stepped up and has been playing outside and making some decent plays. Hopefully he'll develop further into the mold of Ike Taylor like the Steelers originally envisioned.

Disappointments:

Mike Wallace - He got off to a blazing start, but the latter half of the season has been pretty tame. His YPC is down this year as well. I just hope he plays lights-out in the playoffs.

LaMarr Woodley - Another of our best players makes this section, but for different reasons. Woodley was DESTROYING people to start the year. He had 7.5 of his 9 sacks in the month of October before aggravating his hamstring injury from the third game of the season. Since week 8 he's played sparingly and has no sacks and only 3 tackles. The Steelers will need him for the playoffs and have rested him to get him healthy.

Lawrence Timmons - After a dominant year in 2010, Timmons has just not had the same impact as the year before. I think a lot of this has to do with the loss of Woodley, an aging Farrior, and a changing of the guard on the DL, but he needs to get back to playing like the league's best ILB like he did a season ago.

• Downvote 1

Surprises:

Disappointments:

I 100% agree with Finley. Guy has been nothing but a disappointment. Might be just cuz getting off an injury but idk.

Walden I somewhat disagree. I don't think he gives up on plays but the fact that he is the best we can do opposite Matthews is a bit disappointing. he isn't exactly good and he only gets sacks because all the attention is drawn away from him.

Raji I disagree man. I think it's because he's the only defensive lineman we have that can actually GET pressure to the QB that he has a hard time breaking through. Pickett is an old man and whoever starts on the right just doesn't get it done. That's why BJ was such a monster last year cuz we had a monster RE. We really need to focus on the right side of our defense this next draft..

Mine though:

:Packers:

Surprises:

TJ Lang: Say what you want PD but this guy is a huge upgrade from Colledge. He's filled in for every position at least once this year and when he did he didn't falter at all.

Tim Masthay: I thought last year might be a fluke since we had a punter who wasn't terrible. He's even improved this year I think we finally have a long-term answer for our punter position.

Mason Crosby: He signed a deal for quite a bit of money this offseason and didn't fail us. He still drops off at about the 2/3 point of the season but it's understandable. Green Bay in the winter outdoors? Come on. Adam Vinatieri in his prime would have difficulty kicking in those conditions.

Disappointments:

Jermichael Finley - I've said it all before.

Mike Neal - Hasn't done ANYTHING since he's been back. We've benched him a few times and this totally feels like an "I told you so" moment for me. Because I saw this coming from a mile away.

AJ Hawk - I think our linebacking crew would be better with DJ Smith in instead of Hawk.

Lol. Even Tony-G?

This entire organization outside of Arthur Blank, Thomas Dimitroff, and Mike Smith are huge disappointments this year. All have failed to execute their jobs, and unless we win a playoff game or two (which isnt happening). I want to see some heads roll.