Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Flacco: I'm the best QB in the NFL

Per Rotoworld.com:

Speaking in a Tuesday radio interview, Joe Flacco said he believes he's the best quarterback in the NFL.

"I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best," Flacco said. "I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. ... That doesn't mean that things are going to work out that way." Still in search of a new contract, Flacco is taking Eli Manning's "elite" 2011 confidence game to a new level. It's unlikely to produce the same results. Apr 3 - 10:11 PM

Source: ESPN.com

"I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. ... That doesn't mean that things are going to work out that way."

I don't see a problem with this.

Yeah, I don't either. It's just confidence; it's the type of confidence you want from your quarterback. There's a reason this kid gets better by the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I don't either. It's just confidence; it's the type of confidence you want from your quarterback. There's a reason this kid gets better by the year.

Do you mean "get better" or marginally improve only once again to regress in the playoffs ? Btw his season in 2010-2011 was much better than the year that just went by. He was also better in his 2nd year than last year.

Edited by monstersofthemidway
  • Upvote 1

Well, at least Cam Cameron is gone, ain't he? I thought they finally fired him.

Flacco is always saying some dumb shit.

He was asked a question, and he answered it. What else is he supposed to say?

"My team consistently carries my sorry ass and I'm not that good."

• Upvote 1

If someone were to ask you if you were the best Skyrim player in the world, would you say "Yes, I am"? Nah, he has to recognize that he isnt the best and try not to be baiting into embarrassing himself. He can acknowledge that it's his goal to be the best and maybe that he respects the abilities of the top QBs and he believes he is in the discussion. To flat out say he is the best is retarded.

Great. He already underachieves as a QB and now he's going to start talking with his damn mouth. Hate level for Flacco is slowly increasing.

The question he was asked was not whether he was the best QB in the league, he was asked to rate himself among the QBs. It was a trap question. The correct answer is to not really answer the question at all.

Not to mention, as I said earlier, you don't have to think of yourself as the best at any given position in order to succeed at it.

Great. He already underachieves as a QB and now he's going to start talking with his damn mouth. Hate level for Flacco is slowly increasing.

He's still better than Matt Ryan. :troll:

Edited by Thanatos19

If someone were to ask you if you were the best Skyrim player in the world, would you say "Yes, I am"? Nah, he has to recognize that he isnt the best and try not to be baiting into embarrassing himself.

Yeah, totally the same thing as something as competitive as Football.

If an NFL QB is asked how good they think they are, they better say they're one of the best. And you can't say he's getting dogged for saying he is the best, because even if he said he was top-5 or top-10 people would be saying how stupid he is.

He's basically saying he has to allow himself to feel like he is the best. That kind of shows when he adds

"That doesn't mean that things are going to work out that way."

I don't have any problem what so ever with his statement.

If an NFL QB is asked how good they think they are, they better say they're one of the best. And you can't say he's getting dogged for saying he is the best, because even if he said he was top-5 or top-10 people would be saying how stupid he is.

He's basically saying he has to allow himself to feel like he is the best. That kind of shows when he adds

I don't have any problem what so ever with his statement.

The dumb part of the statement is where he implies that if you don't think of yourself as the best, you're not going to succeed at the job.

While it sounds stupid, I don't necessarily have an issue with it. I would rather have a guy with too much confidence than a guy who doesn't think he is any good at all. If there's a guy on the field that doesn't think he can be the best player at his position, then I'd be surprised.

Everyone is on the field in the NFL because they excel at their position (And at one point or another they were probably the best at it. So I expect them all to say that they are the best. . In their own minds. .

Saying it out loud just makes them sound like idiots.

The dumb part of the statement is where he implies that if you don't think of yourself as the best, you're not going to succeed at the job.

Yes because I am sure Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and all those cats think they are terrible. I bet you walk up to any one of them and they will say they are the best. Considering there is only one guy who is the best that means 3 are lying. That said there is a reason they are in the discussion and I am a firm believer it has to do with their attitude.

For all those mocking him Eli said he was and went out and won the SB.

Yes because I am sure Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and all those cats think they are terrible. I bet you walk up to any one of them and they will say they are the best. Considering there is only one guy who is the best that means 3 are lying. That said there is a reason they are in the discussion and I am a firm believer it has to do with their attitude.

The problem is that Flacco doesn't belong anywhere near the list of names you just said.

The problem is that Flacco doesn't belong anywhere near the list of names you just said.

Oh and believe me you wont get an argument from me there. Even as a Ravens fan I know that. He is wildly inconsistent. There are some games he is good and some he is terrible. The game at Heinz field he was good, the seahawks game he was terrible.

The point is that All the great ones have the confidence.

I didnt say it was an apples to apples comparison, just a frame of reference.

I would rather have a guy with too much confidence than a guy who doesn't think he is any good at all.

Not disagreeing with the rest of what you said...but tell me how this philosophy has worked out for Rex Ryan...

Honestly, I don't know if they would say it. They'd probably say something like "I dunno. I'm always working towards it though" and let their play on the field back them up.

• Upvote 1

You aren't even the best unibrow in sports anymore...

2w511r7.jpg

• Downvote 8

Eli said he was elite, not that he was the best QB in the NFL.

And just to completely destroy your argument even further: Brady was asked about it and he said he thought Peyton Manning was the best QB in the NFL. So no, Brady wouldn't say he was the best if he was asked.

Edited by Thanatos19