Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

Who is the Classiest player in the NFL ?

In the league today there are too many negative story lines from people who call themselves journalists it is ridiculous. That being said it is a straight forward question, who is the classiest player ?

I have a tie between Fitz and Arian Foster.

Foster has outperformed every expectation since coming into the league and come contract time does not try to take the Texans to the cleaners and air his dirty laundry in public. This speaks volumes.

Fitz is just pure class, there is nothing else you can say about the guy.

I would have to say Larry Fitz, like you said a very classy guy and pure sportsmanship on and off the field.

As a darkhorse I would throw in Troy Polamalu because as much as he plays hard and has the funny commercials showing him as a tough guy he is one of the nicest and soft-spoken guys around.

• Upvote 1

Tony Gonzalez. A first-ballot HOFmer that lets his play do the talking. You rarely hear him complain or really even talk to the media.

Billy Volek. It takes a lot of class to back up guys like Steve McNair and Philip Rivers and not say anything bad about either guy. Or say anything at all...

LaDainian Tomlinson... DUH

Well, there's Jason Witten and Tony Romo in Dallas, the others mentioned in this thread already, EJ Henderson, and I've always appreciated players like Victor Cruz who have the same TD celebration and aren't looking for attention by doing something new every time.

Fitz, Calvin Johnson, and Andre Johnson all have to be in the conversation, in a league where good WRs are almost all prima-donnas, it's pretty cool that you hear absolutely nothing from any of the top three

I also like to point to the Walter Payton man of the year award whenever people get to talking about classy players: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Payton_Man_of_the_Year_Award

There's a lot of good ones. I think Fitz is #1.

Adrian Peterson

Tim Tebow

Matt Hasselbeck

Von Miller

Donald Driver

Colt McCoy

Charles Woodson

Steven Jackson

Nnamdi Asomugha

Jason Pierre-Paul

Victor Cruz

Rob Gronkowski

• Upvote 1

There's a lot of good ones. I think Fitz is #1.

Adrian Peterson

Tim Tebow

Matt Hasselbeck

Von Miller

Donald Driver

Colt McCoy

Charles Woodson

Steven Jackson

Nnamdi Asomugha

Jason Pierre-Paul

Victor Cruz

Rob Gronkowski

You read my mind..

Adam "Pacman" Jones. :troll:

Tony Gonzalez. A first-ballot HOFmer that lets his play do the talking. You rarely hear him complain or really even talk to the media.

ATL and I agree on this completely. Gonzo paid for his own press conference before leaving KC, assuring the fans that that he'd retire a Chief and what not.

I can't think of a time I've ever heard him complain or call out anyone. First-ballot without an ego. That pretty much says it all.

Also, honorable mention to Tim Tebow. In the midst of the craziness that's become his life in the NFL, he's managed to stay annoyingly positive and not lose it. He never called out Elway or Fox for dookying all over him, he hasn't pulled a Kordell Stewart—I'm a quarterback—and he's constantly doing charity work as well. Say what you will about this guy, but he seems pretty darn classy to me.

Edited by B-isforBowe

Tebow is so classy that he runs across the field, passing a group of players that are knelt in a circle praying, to go "Tebow" in front of the cameras. Tebow is so classy that he repeatedly rams his religious cock down everyone's throat instead of being quiet and humble like Polamalu and other uber-religious players.

Fitz has been accused of domestic violence and attempting to bribe his babymama to have an abortion. Anyone that comes in here and tells me that Larry is "probably innocent" needs to shut the fuck up next time Ben being accused of rape comes up. In Larry's case, there was enough evidence for the restraining order that the woman requested to be granted.

Rob Gronkowski

Not sure I'd call him classy with all the pics we've seen of him...

First guys that came to my mind when I saw the thread were Tebow, Megatron, Fitz and Andre Johnson.

Fitz has been accused of domestic violence and attempting to bribe his babymama to have an abortion. Anyone that comes in here and tells me that Larry is "probably innocent" needs to shut the fuck up next time Ben being accused of rape comes up. In Larry's case, there was enough evidence for the restraining order that the woman requested to be granted.

Was just about to mention this. Fitz is a douchebag off the field.

As far as Eagles go though I'm proud to say that Nnamdi Asomugha and Demetress Bell are two of the classiest guys in the league.

Its funny you say this because I have always maintained the fact that Big Ben was innocent on those counts.

You can not sit here and tell me that a guy who is a professional athlete who is definitely not the ugliest cat in the world, who also happens to be a multi millionaire goes to a party and has to rape a girl ????? Riiiiiight....... I am sure that all of those women put up such a fight that it could happen in a crowded area and yet nobody would hear except for acquaintances of those women previously. ?he was an easy target and the only thing he could be accused of is being dumb in my honest opinion. No matter what he said after it was probably mostly bullshit for damage control.

But on the field I cant recall Fitz talkin cheap shots and shit like that and as far as domestic abuse goes I really have to say that is up in the air too.

The way I saw that whole thing is akin to how these women who have no jobs and live off their husbands can convince a judge that they are entitled to half of what these players make. Most players will just go the route that is damage control rather than prevention.

• Upvote 1

Its funny you say this because I have always maintained the fact that Big Ben was innocent on those counts.

You can not sit here and tell me that a guy who is a professional athlete who is definitely not the ugliest cat in the world, who also happens to be a multi millionaire goes to a party and has to rape a girl ????? Riiiiiight....... I am sure that all of those women put up such a fight that it could happen in a crowded area and yet nobody would hear except for acquaintances of those women previously. ?he was an easy target and the only thing he could be accused of is being dumb in my honest opinion. No matter what he said after it was probably mostly bullshit for damage control.

But on the field I cant recall Fitz talkin cheap shots and shit like that and as far as domestic abuse goes I really have to say that is up in the air too.

The way I saw that whole thing is akin to how these women who have no jobs and live off their husbands can convince a judge that they are entitled to half of what these players make. Most players will just go the route that is damage control rather than prevention.

First Ravens fan I've ever seen agree that Ben didn't rape anyone. High five. Ben is a bit of an asshole, but a rapist? Nah.

Also, for the record, I'm not condemning Larry. I am just pointing out that a lot of the people that hold steadfast that Ben is a rapist are the same people in here calling Fitz classy, despite the fact that he's had fucked up accusations revolve around him as well.

Tebow, though, is a piece of shit. You can't claim to be some humble little saint while simultaneously running past a group of players after the game (from both teams, mind you), to go find a camera to go kneel in front of. I didn't like his religious bullshit before I saw that at the playoff game last year, but that crossed the line.

For the Saints I would Marques Colston and Darren Sproles. You never hear a peep out of these guys they just go out there and do their jobs.

And for what its worth I completely agree with what Zack said about Tebow. He's just looking for the spotlight to spread his "message"

The Tebow discussion is funny...I really don't fall either way I just kinda ignore it. Honestly I can't hate or be mad at a guy for loving his religion and staying positive. On the other hand I'm not a fan of how much hype it has started. But to be fair the cameras have followed Tebow since high school and in the NFL the fans and the media started "Tebowmania" he never went looking for it. Also in this day and age where you have people like Charlie Sheen running around celebs know they don't have to hide their flaws or real personality, if he was a douche he wouldn't have to put on a religious act so I think its genuine.

Of the players I pay attention to, Gerald McCoy is easily the classiest. He's never had trouble on or off the field, always takes a "turn the cheek" approach when so called "fans" criticize him for getting injured, he interacts with fans on twitter, started the hugging trend at the draft, and he even took the time to set up a fan event where he reserved a theater and took 200 people to the Avengers opening.

Also, surprised no one has mentioned DeMarcus Ware, and I'd add Eli Manning to any classy list.

There are guys in the league that will pop into everyones minds right off the bat here. But there are 3 guys that I think pop into my mind that are on a whole different level of being classy.

Larry Fitzgerald

Adrian Peterson

Nnamdi Asomugha

All these guys know they are absolute studs at their positions. And all three of them also let their play do all the talking. Not to mention they all pour a lot of money into charities and different organizations to help others. Another thing to realize, you never hear these guys saying bad things about team mates or their team in general. Even while they were seeking new contracts, or in Nnamdis case, trying to get resigned by the Raiders.