Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Who Are You Taking #1?

It's still early, so take that into consideration... But if you had your fantasy draft tomorrow and held the #1 selection, who is your guy?

Arian Foster or Shady.

Last couple of years I have picked in the Top 3 and I had to go with Aaron. The number of touchdowns relative to the number of INT really makes it worth while. Although they kind of ruined that at he end of the season when they rested Rodgers for Flynn.

If it's PPR, I think you definitely have to check out Foster and/or McCoy though. Where would you feel comfortable taking Adrian Peterson after he tore his knee to shreds?

Aaron Rodgers, absolute no-brainer.

My league, however, is a keeper league, so Rodgers is already off the board, I'm sure.

It'll be interesting to see who people drop, as we are going from 4 keepers down to two, or at least it looks that way, and where Jamaal Charles and Peyton Manning are picked up, as neither one is on a team.

Edited by Thanatos19

I usually take RBs with my first pick but I think I'll make an exception this year..Aaron Rodgers is a no brainer,but Foster and McCoy are worth mentioning too..

Darren Sproles more than likely.

LeSean McCoy and not because I'm an Eagles homer.

LeSean McCoy and not because I'm an Eagles homer.

Aren't you at all worried abotu Andy Reid saying that he is going to try an limit McCoy's snaps in 2012? He was on the field more than any other RB in 2011 and he sat out a game.

He will still get his, obviously. But it does make me think twice, at the very least.

Mr. Rodgers.

Aren't you at all worried abotu Andy Reid saying that he is going to try an limit McCoy's snaps in 2012? He was on the field more than any other RB in 2011 and he sat out a game.

He will still get his, obviously. But it does make me think twice, at the very least.

There's also the inconsistency that's going to come as a result of Andy's pass-heavy playcalling. If he stays healthy, he'll still put up ridiculous numbers, but they may fluctuate more than you'd want from a #1 overall pick in a fantasy draft. With that pick, I need someone who is going to put up 20 points per week, not 28 one week, 9 the next, 30 the next week, 12 the next.

Now, who is that guy? Yeah, it's probably A-Rod. :yep:

it depends a lot on your league, my dad is in a league that has a week 17 championship, so Aaron Rodgers isn't as good of a pick because he might be sitting for the championship, that said I always go RB early, at #1 I'd probably be between Arian Foster and Ray Rice (assuming Rice signs a contract and gets on the practice field soon)

I think McCoy's carries could go down but he'll be a bigger part of the passing game this year I think.

it depends a lot on your league, my dad is in a league that has a week 17 championship, so Aaron Rodgers isn't as good of a pick because he might be sitting for the championship, that said I always go RB early, at #1 I'd probably be between Arian Foster and Ray Rice (assuming Rice signs a contract and gets on the practice field soon)

lolfantasy leagues with week 17 championships.

lolfantasy leagues with week 17 championships.

yeah, but the league has been going since about '91 so it's hard to get anything changed and that's not the weirdest rule they have, passing yards are a point every ten yards and until about 7 years ago they only counted receiving yards as 3 points

I will not take Aaron Rodgers. My annual fam league and most others usually do 4 points per passing touchdown now since its become such a pass heavy league. The 4 passing TD game point totals are just unfair, so 4 points is perfect. But for that reason, QB never enters my mind in round 1, and I've never gone QB round 1 in my entire life. I really think it is Lesean McCoy, but there really isn't much of a slope in top 3 at all, and its really so close that it mainly just comes down to matchups and schedules. All three (Foster and Rice) are right in their primes, are heavily relied on, are every down backs, are receiving backs, are perfectly healthy, and capable of monster seasons. This is a great year to have the high pick. I would be annoyed picking 6-8.

You guys are all dummies. Clearly JaMarcus Russell is the obvious choice here

Where would you feel comfortable taking Adrian Peterson after he tore his knee to shreds?

I'd still say if Peterson makes it out of the first round, he's a steal for whoever gets him in the second or beyond. If I'm sitting at 5 or back, I'm taking AP. Honestly, if I can get AP and Charles in the first two rounds, I'm going to pull the trigger. The odds of that combo flopping, even with both coming off of injuries, is a risk I'd have to take. Now there are certainly circumstances that would change my tune, but for now this sounds like a winner.

Both Adrian and Charles will be in my 7-10 range but I will be looking to steal either one of them 11-16 as people jump all over Marshawn Lynch, Ryan Mathews, and Demarco Murray in those higher slots.

I'm taking the same guy I've taken 4 years in a row, Drew Brees. It would be very hard to give up Arian Foster, but Brees has yet to disappoint me in 4 years of incredible fantasy numbers.