AllYouNeedIsLovie

Your team's OPOY, DPOY, and ROY

Through 4 weeks, what guys would you give these awards to? Will be interesting to see how much has changed by the end of the season.

Team: Bucs

OPOY: Vincent Jackson

DPOY: Gerald McCoy

ROY: Lavonte David

Edited by GoodellFTL

OPOY: Trent Richardson

DPOY: D'Qwell Jackson

ROY: Trent Richardson

OPOY: MJD

DPOY: Paul Posluszny

ROY: Bryan Anger (How awesome are we that our punter is ROY?)

I'll wait until after the game instead. lol

Edit: They're all garbage

Edited by Mathias

OPOY: Matt Ryan - guy is playing better than he ever has in his entire career so far

DPOY: William Moore - The man is finally being utilized correctly by Mike Nolan. He's a whirlwind in the secondary flying around making tackles and playing mind games with opposing QB's. Stephen Nicholas is a close second.

ROY: There really isn't one...

DPOY: Paul Posluszny

ROY: Bryan Anger (How awesome are we that our punter is ROY?)

DPOY: Russell Allen

ROY: Anger with Honorable Mention to Mike Brewster

OPOY: Cedric Benson - He isn't the best player, but he completely changes the dynamic of our offense. We are 10x better with him running the football.

DPOY: Clay Matthews - Dudes one of the best in the league.. Not much else to say. Our defense without Clay would give me nightmares.

ROTY: Jerron McMillian - Man... we can scout safeties. I thought the pick was ridiculous , but the guy is playing about as lights out as possible at the safety position. Few times this year we have gotten beat deep, and that's because Jerron is roaming the middle of the field. Most of the completions on us have been from the 0-10 yard range. Keep it up young man.

HM:

Casey Heyward - Isn't getting a ton of snap right now, so maybe he doesn't count.. but the guy just isn't making many, if any, mistakes in coverage at all. Even when he gives up a catch, it's something short and a virtually meaningless reception.

Edited by Favre4Ever

OPOY-DeSean Jackson, really it should be LeSean McCoy but he just hasn't been given the opportunities. Jackson on the other hand has been a steady producer and he's come up with pretty much all our big plays offensively

DPOY- DeMeco Ryans, there are a few choices here, but Ryans has definitely brought a stability to our defense. The run defense has greatly improved and he's been doing a great job putting our defense in position.

ROY- Mychal Kendricks, he's brought athleticism and instincts to a LB corps that has been below average for far too long. If Fletcher Cox got the playing time that Kendricks got though he might be up here. He's looked flat out dominant at times.

OPOY-DeSean Jackson, really it should be LeSean McCoy but he just hasn't been given the opportunities. Jackson on the other hand has been a steady producer and he's come up with pretty much all our big plays offensively

DPOY- DeMeco Ryans, there are a few choices here, but Ryans has definitely brought a stability to our defense. The run defense has greatly improved and he's been doing a great job putting our defense in position.

ROY- Mychal Kendricks, he's brought athleticism and instincts to a LB corps that has been below average for far too long. If Fletcher Cox got the playing time that Kendricks got though he might be up here. He's looked flat out dominant at times.

OPOY- This was a hard one for me. I was about to choose DeSean Jackson but my OPOY is Brent Celek. The reason why I chose Celek is because he has made big plays for us EVERY single game. He had been a reliable target. He has moved the chains for us consistently and is quietly leading the TEs in yards and YAC where he is VERY dangerous. He doesn't have any TDs but his plays have led us down the field to some points. DeSean has also disappeared a few times this season where Celek has showed up every game. Celek is 2nd in the league in explosive plays 20+ yard receptions with 8 only under Calvin Johnson with 9. I said in the preseason Celek has been under utilized and is way better then this production. I also said he's prime to have a good year this season and is doing it so far.

DPOY- DeMeco Ryans easily takes this. He has been the glue in the middle of our defense and has contributed in so many ways. By making clutch plays, schooling and helping develop our youngsters / players, and makes our defense better mentally.

RPOY- While ppl may believe I would give my self proclaimed Prodigy the clear cut win, this was a VERY hard decision for me. Mychal Kendricks has played AWESOME and is EVERYTHING that any coach would want in a rookie linebacker. He brings so much to the table with his speed, athleticism, instincts, and tenacity. But Fletcher Cox is the unsung hero here. His contributions to our team has been relatively quiet. Cox's impact on field has helped us in so many ways if you watch the tape. He helps us in the run game as well as pass. His presence has been dominating altering out comes of plays EVEN if he doesn't make the play. He has also played quite alot being in around 80% of the defensive snaps. Nonetheless though, Mychal Kendricks wins my RPOY. He CLOSED a game against the Ravens against an elite passing RB in Ray Rice. I can see Kendricks making more plays and being in the running for RPOY at the end.

Edited by dutchff7

OPOTY - Honorable mentions to our Left Guard Zane Beadles, who has really turned a corner after last year's pathetic display, and Ryan Clady who looks almost back to form. Actually, might as well include JD Walton there too, he looked like a great centre in his 4 games this year, shame about his injury, but Dan Koppen is an adequate player. Peyton Manning has to be the pick though, but our offense looks better all around, maybe that's the Manning effect though. Ergo, Peyton is the obvious choice.

DPOTY - Von Miller. Is it just me, or is he in on every single player that isn't a deep pass? He's always near the ball, making linemen miss him and getting in for the big play. Elvis Dumervil, Champ Bailey, and surprisingly Mike Adams are big contributors as well.

ROTY - It's Derek Wolfe by default, Hillman has barely seen the field, Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan have the same problem and I think that's it for our guys. Wolfe has been consistent in run D, even if he's not the guy who can provide great pass rush from the outside. Still, I'll take some consistent run D on my Broncos defense.

Opoy: Spiller

Dpoy: Dareus

Roty: Glenn

2 of those players are hurt. Great season...

OPOTY - Honorable mentions to our Left Guard Zane Beadles, who has really turned a corner after last year's pathetic display, and Ryan Clady who looks almost back to form. Actually, might as well include JD Walton there too, he looked like a great centre in his 4 games this year, shame about his injury, but Dan Koppen is an adequate player. Peyton Manning has to be the pick though, but our offense looks better all around, maybe that's the Manning effect though. Ergo, Peyton is the obvious choice.

DPOTY - Von Miller. Is it just me, or is he in on every single player that isn't a deep pass? He's always near the ball, making linemen miss him and getting in for the big play. Elvis Dumervil, Champ Bailey, and surprisingly Mike Adams are big contributors as well.

ROTY - It's Derek Wolfe by default, Hillman has barely seen the field, Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan have the same problem and I think that's it for our guys. Wolfe has been consistent in run D, even if he's not the guy who can provide great pass rush from the outside. Still, I'll take some consistent run D on my Broncos defense.

Von Miller might be one of the single most dominant players I have seen in my lifetime. He has started 2012 just like he finished 2011... I don't want to get ahead of myself because the guy has been in the league less than 2 years... But we are looking at a guy that defines a generation just like Ray Lewis did / has / is doing... He obviously has to sustain this play for a decade or more to get to that level... but, he is a once in a lifetime player...

DPOY: Russell Allen

ROY: Anger with Honorable Mention to Mike Brewster

Russell Allen? :shrug:

DPOY: Derek Cox (in only 1.5 games, that's how bad the Jags defense is this season.)

ROY: Anger, sadly.

:(

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

None of our rookies have even like played so it might have to be Trenton Robinson. :ninja:

OPOY: Matt Schaub

DPOY: J.J. Watt

ROY: Ben Jones

Keshawn Martin will likely take that title when the season is over, but Jones filling in at guard when he only played center in college has been impressive for a youngster to say the least.

OPOY: Frank Gore

DPOY: NaVorro Bowman

ROY: Um... I guess it would have to be Trenton Robinson. Nobody else plays.

OPOY: Matt Schaub

DPOY: J.J. Watt

ROY: Ben Jones

Keshawn Martin will likely take that title when the season is over, but Jones filling in at guard when he only played center in college has been impressive for a youngster to say the least.

J.J Watt might be the real DPOY.

• Upvote 2

J.J Watt might be the real DPOY.

Agreed. He leads the league in sacks with 7.5 and he's a 3-4 DE. He has also been one of the best run stoppers so far this year. Dude's a straight up monster.

• Upvote 1

Tough ones here, but so far...

ROTY: Tannehill, although he has to keep working on his clutch decision-making.

OPOTY: Either Tannehill or Bush.

DPOTY: Wake. Easy.

OPOY: Connor Barth

DPOY: Connor Barth

ROY: Connor Barth

COTY: Connor Barth

MIP: Connor Barth

OPotY: DeMarco Murray. Jason Garrett, give him the damn ball already.

DPotY: DeMarcus Ware, obviously.

RotY: Claiborne. Outside of getting beat by Devin Hester, the kid's been pretty damn good.

Edited by BwareDWare94

OPOTY: Big Ben

DPOTY: LaMarr Woodley

ROTY: Sean Spence :shifty:

OPOY: Cam Newton. Despite what some people might like to say, Newton is having a better year than his rookie year so far. Minus one bad outing against the Giants, he has been very solid, and had two great games against Atlanta and New Orleans.

DPOY: Chris Gamble. Gamble shut down Julio Jones last Sunday, pretty much the lone bright spot in a terrible secondary. He has pretty much shut down everyone he's been asked to cover- V-Jax, Cruz, Colston, and now Julio.

ROY: Frank Alexander. This is a toughie. I think Kuechly will have it by year's end, but at the moment, it's a toss-up. I'm going to give it to Frank Alexander at the moment, our 4th-round pick who we gave Julius Peppers' number to. He has been having a decent season. None of our rookies are really impressive at the moment, but Alexander is the best.

Edited by Thanatos19

OPOY - Lynch

DPOY - Richard Sherman

Yes we know about Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, and Brandon Browner. But you have to throw the ball against somebody in our secondary, and teams have tried very unsuccessfully to throw against Sherman. 2 interceptions thus far.