AllYouNeedIsLovie

Your Teams MVP This Year?

For the Bucs, I'd say Vincent Jackson. He has been completely worth the money we gave him. Put up career high numbers this year and just his presence on the field helped spread out our offense and gave other guys more opportunities.

Probably Christian Ponder.

... Adrian Peterson.

Edited by Vikingfan465

Richard Sherman. He's done a lot more dirty work and head to head combat than Earl Thomas. Proved it was a terrible idea to throw the ball in his direction this year. Has had some of the most gorgeous interceptions. Has made the plays in crucial situations. Takes players out of games. You can go RW or Marshawn Lynch, but the core of this team and what we built around was defense first and foremost. A lot of the benefits Wilson reaps are because of the opportunities the D gave him.

Justin Smith and it's not even close. His value is ridiculous to this team.

• Upvote 1

I guess I'd go with Chris Johnson by default, but nobody really had a spectacular season, which is why we finished 6-10

11591190-large.jpg

Nah, but probably Cro or Wilkerson. Cro did an admirable job filling in for Revis and Wilkerson broke out with a great season.

CJ Spiller. And like most teams that the MVP isn't a qb, we weren't that good.

11591190-large.jpg

Nah, but probably Cro or Wilkerson. Cro did an admirable job filling in for Revis and Wilkerson broke out with a great season.

Yea not too many positives this season. Wilkerson came on strong the second half but my vote goes to Cro.

DeMeco Ryans. Having a legitimate impact middle linebacker made a tremendous difference in our defensive performance. If our secondary wasn't such dog shit, the defense would have been great this year, IMO.

Edit: Actually, the more I think about it, it's probably Nick Foles. Now before everybody freaks out about overhyping Foles, remember that "valuable" does not mean "best." The reality for the 2012 Philadelphia Eagles is that Michael Vick was garbage and Foles was competent. In the NFL, having one over the other makes a monstrous difference.

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

Joe Haden. Lost every game we didn't have him, primarily because that meant we had to play Buster Skrine's bitch ass. Worst player ever.

Bryan... Anger...?

:bag:

Probably Cecil Shorts. Made the Jags somewhat watchable.

Gotta be Cecil seeing as if you remove his contributions this year we'd have zero wins.

I'd have to say Antonio Cromartie. When Revis went down I thought our pass defense would go to crap but Cro proved he could absolutely be a capable #1 cornerback. When Revis went down he said he was now the best cornerback in the NFL and a lot of people (including me) gave him crap for it but he ended up having one of the lowest completion percentages when thrown at if I recall correctly.

Needless to say I think he gained some confidence as well and I'm looking forward to Revis coming back healthy and having our 1-2 punch again.

Eric Weddle, its not really debatable

A couple of our young players on D played really well.

If Denario Alexander played the whole season he might have had a chance to be the team MVP

Actually i take that back, Darius Reynaud. His returns this year help win us games. Between him and cJ since nobody else on offense did much.

LeSean McCoy or Evan Mathis. Foles gets a honorary mention for coming in as a rookie and showing promise orchestrating an offense that Vick couldn't.

I don't think that there is any way to overstate the value of Robert Griffin III to the Redskins franchise.

However, i think I would have to give the team MVP to Alfred Morris. Without Morris, I don't think that our offense would have been nearly as efficient. It is not too tough of a task to contain a mobile QB like Griffin III. So long as you don't have to handle a beast of an RB like Morris.

I don't think that there is any way to overstate the value of Robert Griffin III to the Redskins franchise.

However, i think I would have to give the team MVP to Alfred Morris. Without Morris, I don't think that our offense would have been nearly as efficient. It is not too tough of a task to contain a mobile QB like Griffin III. So long as you don't have to handle a beast of an RB like Morris.

I would argue Griffin's mobility has helped Morris become such a good back this year.

It opens up the defense and makes them think twice when you have a QB that likes to run.

• Upvote 1