AllYouNeedIsLovie

Your Teams Mount Rushmore?

Julius Peppers

Steve Smith

Dan Morgan

Wesley Walls

Honorable Mentions: Muhsin Muhammed, Sam Mills (only not on over Dan Morgan because Mills only played three years for Carolina).

Edited by Thanatos19

Tony Boselli

not only did he have a stellar career in Jacksonville, but by being taken #1 in the Texans' expansion draft despite being hurt he ensured that one of the Jaguars' divisional opponents would suck for a while :p

I'll give this a go:

Deion Sanders

Tommy Nobis

Roddy White

Steve Bartkowski (soon to be replaced by Matt Ryan)

I concur with this. Would love to fit Mike Alstott in there somewhere, but I can't take any of those guys off the list. All of them are HOFers in my book.

As do I....Would love to stick Alstott in there and Lynch as well. But your right! Just cant take any of those Greats off the list.

Selmon

Brooks

Sapp

Barber

:Bucs:

Hank Stram, Len Dawson head butting Len Dawson, and Lamar Hunt.

Derrick Thomas would have to be on there in place of one of the Dawsons, all jokes aside. RIP.

Stram gets on for being the greatest coach and talent evaluater that the Chiefs have ever had. He coached the Chiefs to their only Super Bowl win and took a gamble on the cast-away greatest QB to ever play for the Chiefs.

Which segways nicely to the next face on the mountain: Len Dawson. Dawson quarterbacked the Chiefs to that very same Super Bowl win. I never got to see him play obviously, but what I have seen and read over the years is enough for me to put his face up there.

Derrick Thomas is just a no brainer. He is the guy that people my age and a little older think of when they think of the Chiefs. The second guy is the Nigerian Nightmare, but his career was just too short to warrant chisel work.

Finally Lamar Hunt. He fucking invented the Super Bowl, sooooooo, yeah. He's in.

Hank Stram, Len Dawson head butting Len Dawson, and Lamar Hunt.

Derrick Thomas would have to be on there in place of one of the Dawsons, all jokes aside. RIP.

Stram gets on for being the greatest coach and talent evaluater that the Chiefs have ever had. He coached the Chiefs to their only Super Bowl win and took a gamble on the cast-away greatest QB to ever play for the Chiefs.

Which segways nicely to the next face on the mountain: Len Dawson. Dawson quarterbacked the Chiefs to that very same Super Bowl win. I never got to see him play obviously, but what I have seen and read over the years is enough for me to put his face up there.

Derrick Thomas is just a no brainer. He is the guy that people my age and a little older think of when they think of the Chiefs. The second guy is the Nigerian Nightmare, but his career was just too short to warrant chisel work.

Finally Lamar Hunt. He fucking invented the Super Bowl, sooooooo, yeah. He's in.

No Tony Gonzalez?

lMx4l3h.gif

No Tony Gonzalez?

lMx4l3h.gif

All the guys on the mountain have won playoff games. Tony G is probably the best TE ever, but he made his playoff run with the Failolcons. He's gonna retire a dirty bird, regardless of ten day or one day contract he signs to "retire as a Chief." Good for him.

He's a class act, and I'm happy for him playing for a contender like he wanted. He was stand-up every step of the way. He'll always be a Chief to Chiefs fans, but I wish he was playing for KC's possible contender team this year. If there is room for a fifth, he's last man in. Being that it's just 4 though, he's the first one out.

Trust me. I was bummed about having to leave out Priest too. Like, really bad. Hell even Trent Green came to mind. The fact is, though, that Stram and Dawson are non-negotiable. Lamar Hunt was instrumental in creating the NFL we know now, which makes him a league-wide legend. He's in. DT was the heart of a Chiefs defense that was pretty good. He is widely accepted as one of the best pure pass rushers in the game.

Don't just take my word for it though. Here's what Canton has to say about him—I highlighted the good parts, which is like all of it:

His pass rushing specialty continued on the professional level as he amassed 10 sacks as a rookie for the Chiefs in 1989. He also added 75 tackles that season to earn Defensive Rookie of the Year honors. Following the season, Thomas was named to the first of nine straight Pro Bowls.

The 6'3", 243-pound linebacker showcased his talent in a big way during his second NFL season. He recorded a league-leading and team record 20 sacks that included an NFL record seven sacks in a game versus the Seattle Seahawks on November 11, 1990. He also recorded a team high 63 tackles, five pass deflectionssix forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and 35 quarterback pressures. His season-long performance earned him All-Pro recognition for the first time, an honor he would receive two other times during his career.

His extraordinary pass rushing skills continued throughout his 11-season career that was tragically cut short by his death following an automobile accident shortly after the 1999 NFL regular season.

No player amassed more sacks during the decade of 1990s than the 116.5 sacks by Thomas. He finished his career with 126.5 sacks which was the fourth highest total by a linebacker in NFL history. Thomas had 10 or more sacks in a season seven times and recorded multi-sack games 27 times during his 169-game career.

In addition to his career sack total, Thomas also forced 45 fumbles, had 19 fumble recoveries, scored four touchdowns on fumble returns and added three safeties. His lone interception, which he returned for 20 yards, came during his final season in 1999.

Thomas, a member of the NFL's All-Decade Team of the 1990s, was named first-team All-AFC seven times during an eight-year stretch from 1989 through 1996.

His contribution to the Chiefs franchise was nearly immeasurable. Prior to his arrival in Kansas City, the team had made just one playoff appearance since 1971. In the 11 years that Thomas anchored the defense, the Chiefs finished first or second in the AFC West ten times, made seven playoff appearances, and won three division titles.

Edited by B-isforBowe

Vince Lombardi, Reggie White, Brett Favre, Don Hutson

Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Jack Kemp.

Definitely not the 4 best players in Bills history, but thats who I go with.

Deion Sanders

Only because he can't fit on the Cowboys Rushmore.

Tom Landry (Aikman if no coaches)

Roger Staubach

Tony Dorsett

Emmitt Smith

Sean,Drew,Payton,Brees

but realistically

Sean Payton, Drew Brees, Rickey Jackson, and final spot would be a toss up between Jim Mora and Deuce Mcallister

1. Ricky Jackson

2. Willie Roaf

3. Pat Swilling

4. Drew Brees

After that, there are a whole bunch of guys who were very good, and deserve a mention but not considered "All Time Greats" IMO.

Jahri Evans is well on his way and could join or replace one of those in another couple of years.

Colston and Horn both get discussion, and obviously Colston is still playing so he could increase his chances. Forgot Morten Anderson he was really good.

IMO Deuce McAlister and Archie Manning were both good players but were a bit overrated b/c they were the best parts of bad teams, so people have very fond memories of them doing a lot of good things!

The other two members of the Dome Patrol(Mills & Johnson)should all merit discussion. IMPO, the whole Dome Patrol unit deserves a spot ranked #1 linebacking core of all time!! But that's what my MT Rushmore would look like as of now. GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Tommy Nobbis

Steve Bartkowski

Jessie Tuggle

Deion Sanders

Really think Vick probably should have made it, but I was hard pressed between him and Bart, Bartkowski is the franchise leading passer, he has to make it.

Payton, Urlacher, Butkus, Ditka

If we are allowing non-players then Papa Bear Halas takes Urlacher's spot.

Steve Largent

Cortez Kennedy

Walter Jones

Shaun Alexander

Honorable mentions: Dave Krieg,Kenny Easley,Curt Warner,Matt Hasselbeck

Gotta say a lot of Shauns success came up against a shaky run defense from most of the NFCW for a better part of a decade... 6 TDs against the cardinals alone, 16 in 6 divisional games? Not saying he wasn't awesome, just relish the opportunity to point out an under the rug fact. For a good while there you could run over most the teams in the division, sadly.

Gotta say a lot of Shauns success came up against a shaky run defense from most of the NFCW for a better part of a decade... 6 TDs against the cardinals alone, 16 in 6 divisional games? Not saying he wasn't awesome, just relish the opportunity to point out an under the rug fact. For a good while there you could run over most the teams in the division, sadly.

Shaky run defenses..lol. Alright just go ahead and say it! He's overrated cause thats what your hinting at. lol Thats OK.. I hear it all the time. I'm used to defending him. But Alexander deserves a lot more credit than what he gets. The entire schedule is not based on just NFCW teams alone, he has ran over some of the best defenses, and I'm not talking just TD's but YD's alone against teams outside of the NFCW. Of course he had a great O-line in front, but show me one great RB that didn't...besides Barry Sanders...lol

But not only is he the best RB in Seahawks history, he's our only MVP and he carried us to our only Superbowl. He's also our all-time leading rusher! IMO Alexander is the greatest RB in Seahawks history, without question. And the most accomplished in terms of statistical prowess. That's why I have him up there. His '05 MVP season alone was incredibly dominant. He finished with 9,453 rushing yards, 100 rushing touchdowns, 1,520 receiving yards and 12 receiving touchdowns. In the '02 season, Alexander had 59 catches for 460 yards to go along with 1,175 rushing yards and 16 rushing touchdowns. Five times he had at least 14 rushing touchdowns in a season and he rushed for more than 1,100 yards five times. Alexander was selected to three Pro Bowls made the '05 All-Pro First-Team and won every offensive award given out by the NFL in '05. Hell he outclasses Earl Campbell, Roger Craig, Terrell Davis and Hershel Walker in career total yardage! Severely underrated I would say and I believe it was mainly because of his playing in Seattle.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlexSh00.htm

Chargers:

-Ladainian Tomlinson

-Junior Seau

-Dan Fouts

-Lance Alworth

All are HOF players (or will be) and all were the most important players on their respective teams during their respective eras. No coaches, as we haven't won any championships under any of them.

And all I was saying was that the amount of his success that put him over the top as far as the records he held is concerned was largely due to playing against 3 bottom 10 (2 bottom 5) run defenses 6x a year. He was a very good RB and I like the guy, but if he played for any other team during the prime of his career I feel its safe to assume would've had 70% of the TD production at best. So great, not record breaking great though. I just like under the rug facts and don't know enough about SEA to dispute his mt rushmore status, wasn't trying to.

I implore you to look at that 4-5 year period he was a premeire back in the league, and examine his production per game against NFCW and everyone else. It is polarizing to say the least.

Ray Lewis

Jonathan Ogden

Ed Reed

Jamal Lewis

Oh no.

You better hide before Ngata sees this.

It would be blasphemy if the best cover safety in NFL history wasn't on the mount rushmore of a 17 year franchise that he spent 11 seasons on. Ngata knows this even if he won't say it.

Payton, Urlacher, Butkus, Ditka

If we are allowing non-players then Papa Bear Halas takes Urlacher's spot.

There are so many greats in Bear history, to have Urlacher on the teas mount rushmore is laughable. Also, George Halas was a great player, coach and owner. The guy helped get the league off the ground. The NFCCG Trophy is named after him. He'd be on the the Mount Rushmore for the NFL.