oochymp

Fantasy Blunders

share the blunders of your teams or other teams in your leagues, interpret that however you want, this can be a "can you believe player X did better than player Y?" or a "can you believe this dude (or I) started player X over player Y?" I'll start it off with some stuff from week 1 that fit both categories:

in the TGP Auction league I had Anquan Boldin on my bench (I did start him in one of my other leagues) I had Dez Bryant and Steve Smith starting over him, who both performed worse, and Pierre Garcon, who hasn't played but probably won't top 39 points, sure there's no way I'd start Boldin over Bryant, but I arguably should have started him over Smith or Garcon; I also had Shane Vereen put up 22 points on my bench in two leagues, but who would be starting him? (seriously, I should have started him over Doug Martin in one league or either Darren Sproles in the other)

But the real reason I'm starting this thread: in one of my leagues somebody started Can Newton over Peyton Manning, first of all why the hell do you have both Cam Newton and Peyton Manning? you're just setting yourself up for headaches, second of all why in the hell would you ever sit Peyton Manning? The guy ended up losing 50 points because of the decision (Cam put up 15 in this league, Peyton put up 65) but the good(?) news is it actually may have no impact on the game as he's currently trailing 67 to 113 with Arian Foster remaining against LeSean McCoy

I had no major mistakes this week, though Alshon Jeffrey was a better start over Kyle Rudolph in the flex spot. I think I'll comfortably win my week 1 match against Sarge, unless Arian Foster and Pierre Garcon explode.

:rofl: I lol'd so hard when I noticed someone from my league posting in here and aching over a decision.

Secondly, FUCK STEVEN RIDLEY WHAT THE FUCK YOU AND T.Y. HILTON WERE NO BRAINER STARTS AND THEN RUINED MY AWESOME WEEK BY EVERYONE ELSE :panic: :panic: :panic:

----

Also, neither really look good as starts next week, like at all. Blowage. Fills may be Kenbrell, Moreno, Mendehall, or Fred Jackson

Edited by BC

Jordan Cameron was on my bench in multiple leagues.

Benched Shane Vereen in our Yahoo league but I started Charles, Gore and Daryl Richardson so I didn't lose many points.

Had Brian Hartline on the bench in Razors league. Luckily my team raped souls, so it won't cost me this time. He might be the better option over T.Y. Hilton going forward.

Joique Bell benched in the same league.

Edited by Bay

Isaac Redman was one of my starters. My runningbacks are shit. Going to pick up Joique Bell.

Had Brian Hartline on the bench in Razors league. Luckily my team raped souls, so it won't cost me this time. He might be the better option over T.Y. Hilton going forward.

Joique Bell benched in the same league.

Yeah. You steal Bell from me and you don't even use him. He was a fixture in the flex spot for me for the second half of the season.

Jordan Cameron was on my bench in multiple leagues.

NEVER do that again.

Well, for week one, let's see....

- I sat Jared Cook in both of my leagues. In my defense, I was starting Daniels and Gonzo (felt logical).

- I sat Steve Smith for Torrey Smith in my NFL.com league, although in fairness a TD would have done wonders to Torrey's final line.

- I sat Shane Vereen and Joique Bell in one of my leagues under Eddie Lacy and Stevan Ridley, with the former scoring a significantly higher total than the latter. I don't consider Bell's performance to be very commonplace, but I bet Vereen could have been nice to start in future games if he hadn't been injured.

Needless to say, I lost in both of my leagues because of said blunders.

And I for some reason allow Ridley to screw me again. Damn, the RB pool was so thin. Doug Martin, Stevan Ridley, and Knowshon Moreno were looking so good right after the draft :temper:

I sat Anquan Boldin in favor of Mike Wallace :shifty:

Haden is a shutdown corner. Can't start anyone against him.

Anyone who has Torrey Smith this week. Take him out before the game starts.

One of the teams in my league has Colin Kaepernick and Ben Roethlisberger. He started Roethlisberger in week 1. His original reasoning before the game seemed legit. Roethlisberger has lit up Tennessee on so many occasions. Then the games went down, he felt like a complete idiot. Ben Roethlisberger is no longer on his roster, he picked up Carson Palmer LOL

I sat Vincent Jackson last week. Seemed alright as he was going against Cromartie. Damn, I shouldn't have listened to that Bucman character, what was I thinking!!

Edited by Rain Man

Started Kaepernick and Randy Bullock this week... Thankfully I benched Boldin for Edelman. Even with those blunders I still have a chance to win this week. I just need A.J. Green to not have an above average night.

In between Christian Ponder, Eli Manning and Big Ben, Ben was the one on my bench. Also left Reggie Bush starting, but my options weren't particularly amazing. Still beating Sean by 90 points though.

time to bump this thread: I finally got fed up with the underperforming and sat Tom Brady this week in favor of Jake Locker :facepalm: fortunately, it looks like my team is still going to win

oh, and I also sat Jason Witten in a different league this week and I might actually win in that league too, go me

helped that my opponents in both leagues had Foster starting

Edited by oochymp

One of my friends started Arian Foster over Andre Johnson.

AJ had 45.9 points in our league. Foster had 0.

I left Nick Foles on the bench in one of my ESPN leagues.

time to bump this thread: I finally got fed up with the underperforming and sat Tom Brady this week in favor of Jake Locker :facepalm: fortunately, it looks like my team is still going to win

oh, and I also sat Jason Witten in a different league this week and I might actually win in that league too, go me

helped that my opponents in both leagues had Foster starting

Sat Brady in favor of Ben, thankfully didn't lose much and won the week anyway.

Spiller has been pissing me off so I sat him for McGahee.

Spiller = 17 points

McGahee = 1 point