Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Grown, 27 Year Old Man Beats Adrian's 2 Year Old Son into Unresponsiveness

Son of Adrian Peterson critically hurt
Updated: October 11, 2013, 12:45 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

A 2-year-old in critical condition in South Dakota is the son of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, the player's father told the St. Paul Pioneer Press on Friday.

"We are asking for prayers and for respect for our family as we deal with this tragic situation," Nelson Peterson told the newspaper.

Joseph Patterson, 27, is being held on two felony counts of aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault domestic.

Peterson did not attend practice Thursday due to personal reasons. He is expected to address the media Friday afternoon.

I'm all for the public execution of Joseph Patterson. Preferably a slow, very painful death.

Can't imagine what Peterson is going through. Patterson is a sick fuck.

This sickens me. I hope that Patterson gets the full extent of punishment for this.

27 Year Old Man Beats Adrian's 2 Year Old Son

Did I really read that correctly?

Disgusting behavior.

This is a crime that isn't forgivable, even if it comes out that he's mentally unstable. Doesn't matter. You do this to a 2 year old, you deserve to be locked up or disposed of. Simple as that.

Things like this really are black and white.

What the actual fuck... I dunno, can we just throw him in a shark tank with no hope of oxygen. Either he drowns himself or he lets the sharks maul him. Fucking hell, that is unforgivable.

I'm not just saying this because Adrian Peterson is my favorite player of all-time... but this man deserves to die. Whether it be by law or vigilante justice, there is no justification for nearly beating A FUCKING INFANT let alone anyone of any age to death. Fuck him. I either hope he dies a painful execution or slowly from STDs he contracts in prison.

EDIT: Just found out that Joseph Patterson was the mother's current boyfriend. What the actual fuck...

Edited by Vikingfan465

Death would be too good for him. Flay him alive or something.

Why is he still alive? People like this should be shot the minute they admit to the crime.

He died. Just awful.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/vikings/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-son-critical-condition/2966015/

Though before people make the same mistake that I did and blame the kids mom too, apparently she tried to take out a restraining order against the killer and was denied. So...nice job there.

Tragic...so sad. Really feel for AP and his family. My heart really sank when I read that he past away.

:( This is awful. I'm just... wow, no one should have to lose their son at such a young age.

I've been sitting here trying to put myself in AP's shoes and think about how I'd react to this situation. As many of you know, I'm pretty opinionated and often long-winded. The more I rack my brain for something to say, the more I realize that I simply can't put a reaction into words. That's a scary thing.

If this fella doesn't die before he ever sees trial, my hat goes off to Mr. Peterson. This guy needs to beaten to within an inch of his life, nursed back to health, and then beaten again by someone who really enjoys it. Wash, rinse, repeat. Fuck this dude.

Man parents aren't supposed to bury their children... I just don't see how anyone can beat a two year-old to death! I hope this guy gets fucked up in prison slow and painfully.

I'm not a religious man, but my thoughts definitely go out to AP and his family during this tragic time.

• Upvote 1

I don't even know what to say. Can't even imagine what AP is going through right now. And that poor kid...fuck. No one should have to go through this...just tragic.

The death penalty would be too merciful for this cunt...

Absolutely tragic. My heart goes out to the Peterson family and to the family of the child's mother. I hope this guy gets what's coming to him.

A parent losing a child is one of the most gut wrenching and soul crushing tragedies any person can endure on this planet. Just awful...

I'll have to find out if the death penalty is on the table in South Dakota, but I certainly hope so.

I know that we all try to avoid bloodlust, but this fucker should be executed on a live broadcast. A bullet to the brain. I know slow and painful sounds best, but letting him live even longer just so he feels pain is showing some level of tolerance for actions such as this. Snuff out his life in an instant. Bullet to the head. Ballistics. Live TV. Not only does it provide justice to what has happened in this situation, it sets a standard of zero tolerance. This will never happen, but I sure wish it could.

To all those who believe that violence never solves anything, I think we can agree that in isolated incidents such as this, violence may be the only thing that can provide justice. Sticking him behind bars and allowing him to live on taxpayer money isn't justice.

• Upvote 1

There are people berating AP in comment threads about him not being there when his son passed. I can't believe that shit. They'd taken the boy off of life support, and maybe he couldn't face it. I know I can't sit in a room when someone dies. Some people can't.

When someone is dying, is no longer responsive, cannot become responsive, and will leave the Earth in a matter of minutes/hours, they are, for all intents and purposes, already dead. There is nothing gained by spending 5 more minutes with a shell. The soul is gone at some point prior to the body's demise in situations like this, imo. Let the man grieve.

My God, athletes can't have anything go on in their lives without some bit of criticism. There are a lot of things wrong with our world.

• Upvote 2

Hope he gets the death penalty but hopefully he gets a stint in the pen for a while. Those guys have all kinds of fun stuff in store for child-killers.

From what I've heard and read, AP doesn't know whether or not this was actually his son, nor was he involved with the child at all.

Not that it takes away from the tragedy, but that might explain why he wasn't with him when he died.