CampinWithaMissingPerson

Bucs new (away) uniforms revealed

nfl_e_bucs11_600x400.jpggAfter previously showing off their new helmet and enhanced logo, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers unveiled new uniforms Monday morning.

The NFL Nike Elite 51 Uniform design features a changed color scheme that Buccaneers team officials said honors the franchise's past and present.

"Today marks the culmination of more than two years of research and planning to bring the Tampa Bay Buccaneers into a new and exciting era of our history," Buccaneers co-chairman Edward Glazer said. "We worked closely with our partners at Nike to design a uniform that would set the standard for both design and functionality.

"The result is a sleek, modern design that honors our championship past while also establishing a new, bolder identity moving forward."

A richer shade of pewter and a more vibrant shade of red highlight the new color scheme. As a tribute to the franchise's early years, "Bay Orange" has been added as a trim color for the jerseys and pants.

The Bucs also will become the first NFL franchise to incorporate a reflective chrome border around the numbers on the front, back and shoulders.

The white jerseys will carry pewter sleeves and red numbers. The red jerseys will feature pewter sleeves and shoulders with white numbers on the body and red numbers on the shoulder.

This marks the first time the Bucs have made major changes to their uniforms since 1997, when they abandoned their original orange and white for red and pewter.

New jerseys =

Bh0BXEXIIAA9rz7.png

Woulda looked cooler if the helmet had the logo on just one side seeing as its so big... It's not bad, but coulda been better.

Too many colors though, and the numbers look like they were inspired by an alarm clock.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Eh, it's an away jersey. I want to see what the homes are going to look like.

I like everything except the number font. That number font is fucking awful.

Either way, I care more about wins and losses than jerseys. More concerned about that, but I'm pumped! :yep:

EDIT:

Woulda looked cooler if the helmet had the logo on just one size seeing as its so big... It's not bad, but coulda been better.

Too many colors though, and the numbers look like they were inspired by an alarm clock.

Xp6qeAX.gif

:yao:

Edited by BucD
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ya, not a huge fan... but don't think they are that bad. The number font MUST change.

Way too modern...

• Upvote 1

Eh, it's an away jersey. I want to see what the homes are going to look like.

The homes are pretty nice.

http://deadspin.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers-unveil-new-uniform-1535123193?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

itxwb2uryzdhvvrwbkzt.jpg

yxm7hmoam1myg8leuuqt.jpg

Here's a slideshow of all the entire uniform...

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Photos-New-Uniforms-Unveiled/1c5981a2-ef8c-4acb-849d-11be03e8f8df

and a "behind the scenes" video...

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Making-the-Uniform-Behind-the-Scenes/6db023d6-2c97-400d-aae0-3111b41d9518

Love the uni's even more...bet they look even better in-person...video pumped me up as a fan...

:yep:

Yeah, I think the number font is what kills these for me, otherwise they're a little odd but not bad

everything about those are awful

• Upvote 1

These are fucking awful. I like the jerseys the Bucs have now. I don't get why they need to be changed. If they're going to change them, they need something better than these piles of dog shit. lmao.

• Upvote 1

These are absolutely awful.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely hate them. I'm pretty pissed because I loved what we've been rolling with since 1997 and now we get this...thing lol. To me it looks like they are kinda copying the Seahawks' look in their own gay ass way.

That's absolutely what they are doing. Or looks like to me as well, anyway.

Wow wtf? I'll never wear one of those god awful jerseys.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the Nike redesign, gentlemen. Yes, it looks like they're trying to copy Seattle's (and Jacksonville, to a lesser extent) because they the three teams fully designed by Nike. Personally, I prefer the homes to the roads, but as previously stated, the numbers need to be changed. I think if the shoulders weren't two toned, and the little stripe was there, they'd look a lot better.

These are ugly enough for me to turn off the television if I see them on TV. This is not Nike-esque. The only thing it has in common with ours is the Nike swoosh. That is the worst color pallette I've ever seen. They better become one of those teams that always wears throwbacks.

I like them. The color scheme is very good, though the jersey as a whole needs touched up.

I like them. The color scheme is very good, though the jersey as a whole needs touched up.

That was the whole purpose of this. haha.

That was the whole purpose of this. haha.
Sorry for sounding vague. The new uniform has a lot more bold and appealing colors than the last one, but it needs to be rearranged slightly. Things are in places where they don't fit.