Bay

State of your team as it stands today.

:49ers: 5-4

With all the injuries this team has dealt with, the Harbaugh drama, an inconsistent offense. Being 5-4 isn't the worst thing in the world. 6-3 would be even better, screw you Rams. The defense has played damn well missing Aldon, Bo, and now recently--Willis.

All in all I'm okay with how the season has gone.

What say you folks

• Upvote 1

:Eagles: 7-2

Obviously it's been a very successful season so far, even with shoddy QB play and our best offensive player having a down year (McCoy). The Eagles certainly have some concerns about the postseason, assuming they get there, but the franchise is trending upward for sure. The three game Dallas-Seattle-Dallas stretch is looming large.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the Eagles need win against either Green Bay or Seattle and at least split with Dallas to be considered championship contenders. So far the Eagles have done a pretty good job putting away bad teams, so that's a good sign, but I would have liked to have seen them win against either San Fran or Arizona. Good news is both of the games we've lost we had a chance to win at the end. I'm just glad we get Seattle at our house.

• Upvote 1

3-6 :Falcons:

Offensively...

Matt Ryan has been average while Julio has been a god. Antone Smith has been a nice surprise, but outside of them...offense has been absolute trash. Jake Matthews is god awful, I get that he's a rookie..but it's bad.

Offensive line as a whole has been playing better, and James Stone seems to be a good find at center from UDFA's

Defensively...

Robert Alford and Desmond Trufant have played great, Ishmael has actually been pretty decent too, but the front 7...atrocious. Absolute fucking atrocious. The day I stop seeing Kroy Biermann in coverage is the day I can take this defense seriously.

HOWEVER.

With all this being said. The NFCS is atrocious. A trainwreck of a season and we are still one game back of the Aints. If Mike Smith can get this team together to just simply win the NFCS...he might have his job saved unfortunately.

Personally, he needs to be canned no matter what happens from here on out. Poor coach, has only been good when the talent has been good...speaking of talent

Dimitroff and Pioli can hit the road too. Terrible talent evaluators..and terrible spenders in regards to FA. Wasting money on 'veterans' who don't necessarily fit our system rather than drafting players and building the team the right way.

It's a shitstorm, but hey.

This is the NFC South. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

5-3-1 :Bengals:

Our kicker missing a 30-yarder giving us a tie sums up our season.

3-6-1 :panthers:

Might be the worst team in the league at this point. Last year was clearly a fluke. The entire coaching staff needs to go and they can take Gettleman with them. I can't get rid of JR, but I would do so if I could, the man's mindboggling decision to be politically correct and take Hardy out really lost him the locker room.

I'd say that its the NFCS and they can still take it... but I really don't see them beating Nawlins in NO- or anyone anywhere else for that matter. With zero O-line, any team in the league will present a challenge.

Benji is about the lone bright spot, and he needs to stop dropping passes.

Out of the playoffs. Let's get a real coach and GM.

6-3 has been a good start considering that the majority of our games have been on the road through the first half of the season.

Offensively, Rodgers has been the best QB in the league and is carrying this team. Considering he is only 19th in pass attempts and still puts up dominant stats show how good he is. Our WR core is one of the best in the league with Nelson and Cobb tearing it up while Adams have shown flashes. The o-line has been up and down with some subpar play against great D-lines. The running game has been lackluster still but keeps defenses honest.

Defensively, it has been and up and down season for our defense. The run defense has been horrid with a small D-line and subpar play from our ILBs until Matthews lined up inside. The secondary is full of talent and can be dominant at times but at others can disappear. They played well against the Bears for the most part but was slightly concerning how easy Marshall was manhandling them. The biggest problem is still tackling as there are so many missed tackles and the only guy I can trust to make the tackle is Matthews. HHCD has helped our defense as he is a solid starter with Burnett and can come up and help the run D but his knack for the big hit can be problematic at times. He has a couple late hits and some big misses for going for that big hit.

Have a couple tough games coming up that we need to win to keep up with the Lions and the NFC because as of right now, we are out of the playoffs.

1-9 :jags:

The rebuild continues. We knew it'd be a three year job given the barren roster devoid of talent they started with. The team has the same record this time of year as it did last year but honestly I think this is a better team and it's slowly (painfully) trending upward. The stats are all up or the same besides turnovers (rookie QB), some dramatically up like the rushing offense and point differential for instance. This is all with basically half the starting offense being rookies so hopefully that bodes well for next year.

A good sign is that prior to the Cowboys game they were in the game in the 4th quarter with a chance to win for the last five weeks. Mistakes at the end by the rookies (mostly Bortles) and some vets have been the deciding factor in the losses but they looked like an actual NFL team in those games with the ability to beat the Steelers, Titans, Dolphins and Bengals. They just don't know how to finish yet given their young age. That didn't happen til around last week this time last year and to see it start in Week 4 this year is a good sign.

They've found some future pieces this year too in Denard Robinson at RB, Brandon Linder at RG, Demetrius McCray at CB, and Telvin Smith at WLB. Bortles is playing like a rookie QB which is fine, coming out the draft this is about what I'd expect him to be like at this point. He was always a project to me (which is why I didn't like picking him so high in the draft) we just got teased a little in the preseason by his play thinking maybe this guy had made some big strides in his mechanics and development already in that absurdly short time but that's obviously not the case and he still needs work.

After starting out terribly, Zane Beadles has actually been pretty good the past 5 weeks or so and that's nice to see since they gave him way too much money in Free Agency. They just cut Dekoda Watson as the experiment to develop him as a SLB in their defense has failed but the best part is he wasn't a big $ guy and the dead cap is minimal. It's also another sign of Caldwell being willing to admit when he was wrong on a guy and cut ties instead of letting the mediocrity linger because of ego, which is nice to see. J.T. Thomas has flashed some at MLB and SLB so he might be a future piece.

All in all this about close to what I expected, I thought we'd maybe get 2-3 more wins by now but that's what happens when either the ball doesn't bounce your way or you make a mistake at the critical point of a game. The W/L is a little off, but performance wise this about what I would of expected so far given the totality of the rebuild process this team needed. We'll see how the rest goes and if they can make more strides with their young team.

• Upvote 1

3-6-1 :panthers:

Might be the worst team in the league at this point. Last year was clearly a fluke. The entire coaching staff needs to go and they can take Gettleman with them. I can't get rid of JR, but I would do so if I could, the man's mindboggling decision to be politically correct and take Hardy out really lost him the locker room.

NYJ, Jacksonville (-124 net points), Oakland (0-9), Tampa...I wouldn't say the Panthers are the worst team just yet. But I do feel your pain.

:Broncos: 7-2

I'm happy we're winning, but I'm frightened that we're just gonna be the same old colts against this year. Er, same old Broncos. No matter what, Peyton teams have a reputations for choking against good opponents. Whether it's Manning's fault most of the time, Rahim failing to stop a hail mary, Wes Welker welking out, whatever the fuck happened in the super bowl, we can't get our shit together in games that matter. We're probably the most talented team in the league, but we don't play smart. Being Goliath has not done anything for us. We'll coast to a playoff spot, but a smart well coached team like Baltimore, New England or Seattle will almost certainly defeat us when we're in the dance.

Heck, can't even underestimate the division, the Chiefs got over their early stumbling block and the Chargers are always a threat come december. I am cautiously pessimistic, it's another one and out for us this year.

• Upvote 1

:Vikings: 4-5

Status: Progressive. The defense is far better than anyone could have expected and that's the result of schematics that actually work and actually blitzing once in awhile so this secondary doesn't get left out to dry. The coaching is markedly better, for the most part, but Zimmer does some things that remind you this is his first rodeo as a primary decision maker. I firmly believe that he has this team going in the right direction but I fear that his fiery personality could eventually backfire due to the hypersensitive nature of many NFL players. I doubt it happens, ans his players have seemed to love him throughout his career, but it's certainly a possibility. If he avoids that he'll be with the Vikings for at least 6 years. The team is trending upward, is hopefully moving on from AP who makes the offense way too predictable. He's great but he demands so many touches that teams can just load the box on many offensive plays.

I'm happy. The Vikings will be 5-5 after this weekend with a chance to make a run.

• Downvote 2

5-4 is better than I thought we'd be at this point, considering how heavy-hitting the first half of the schedule seemed at the beginning of the season. To be over .500 feels good, but to hold off the Pack and the Lions would have felt better. We are still struggling to seal the deal in these types of games. There's a big difference between 7-2 and 5-4 right now in the AFCE.

On the positive, I haven't felt this good about Miami's defense since the days of Madison, Surtain, Thomas, and JT. Coyle's background as a secondary coach has already been seen, and I can't help but feel like he has played a huge part in Brent Grimes' post-injury resurgence.

I'm also very pleased with Tannehill, who hasn't really had a bad game since week 3. Lazor has helped put him in a position to succeed off the small ball play, and it's creating opportunities for bigger plays at the right time. Lamar Miller is beginning to look like the back I was expecting him to be, and Landry has been a pleasant surprise as another reliable option at receiver. I'm concerned about Albert's injury and the negative impact it will have, but I have confidence that the coaches will figure out how to work around it. They've made a point of overcoming obstacles and negative expectations thus far.

7-2... Good, not great team because the offense hasn't been consistent. The Oline has regressed, and injuries continue to pile up. The Offense is gonna cost the team some wins if they don't pull it together.

Defensively, we've had the second best defensive player this year in Suh, and arguably the best 4-3 backer in Levy, and Ansah who's been amazing since getting healthy. The Lions have invested a lot on that Dline, and seeing them come together is a great feeling. They are a lock to make the playoffs baring a giant choke job (not outa the question), you just gotta hope that by then the offense will get it together.

:Steelers:6-4

The offense is bipolar, and the defense is consistently mediocre. If the Steelers go to the playoffs, it'll be Ben Roethlisberger and the offense carrying them there.

The location of the game seems to matter more to the Steelers than the quality of the opponent. They're 4-1 at home, but 2-3 on the road. The offense averages over 35 points per game at home, but under 17 points per game on the road. They rank 4th in red-zone efficiency at home, but 31st in red-zone efficiency on the road. They rank 7th in yards per point at home, but 32nd in yards per point on the road. If they can stop stalling or self-destructing in the red zone on the road, then they'll become dangerous. The offensive line does well against athletic defensive fronts, but they must improve against physical defensive fronts.

The defense has only limited two opponents this season to under 20 points, which is a stark contrast to seasons gone by. They're susceptible to allowing points on the opening drive of each half. As it stands right now, they're on pace to allow the most points per game since 1988, which was a historically bad season for the Steelers in terms of points allowed. The good news is, they're becoming an opportunistic defense, forcing more turnovers than in recent seasons, and several young players have shown flashes of brilliance as well.

I challenge the Steelers to win two of their last three road games (at Tennessee, at Cincinnati, at Atlanta). If they can do that, then I like their chances for the playoffs. They have to finish at least 4-2 to have a reasonable chance.

1-8

We suck, not much positive going on. We benched our young QB to throw back Josh McCown, Lovie Smith's defense has been a nightmare and is arguably the worst in the league. We can't run the ball, our success in the pass game is very inconsistent and is likely trending down with McCown. The special teams is truly special, in two separate games this year we had both a FG and punt blocked in the same damn game. In losses to the Falcons and Ravens we saw some of the worst performances in franchise history. The only real positive I can point out right now is Mike Evans finally coming into his own and becoming an explosive playmaker and dominating DBs in the last two games against the Browns and Falcons, it's just so sad that we still managed to lose both games by just being a complete joke of a team. I'm not sure how much blame Lovie Smith should get, though he clearly deserves a lot. I also don't want to keep going through coaches, but he was supposed to be a respected veteran coach who would come in and smooth things out but this team is as bad as any other squad we've had in the miserable post-Gruden era.

:Packers:
6 - 3

As everyone knows, the offense can be potent when it wants to be. But they are very prone to 'off' games by even moderate defenses. Aaron Rodgers is... Aaron Rodgers. He has only 3 INT on the season and each of them are of the tipped / off the WRs hands variety. He's playing at an MVP level without the volume like a Peyton Manning has. PD mentioned it, but he is 19th in attempts... 19th... But still leading the league in passer rating and YPA while being near the top in TDs, Yards, comp%, etc. The run game so far has been, blah... Mike McCarthy enjoys these lateral moving run plays... Which makes no sense when your star RB is a bruising 240 lb guy who excels going north and south.With that said, the run game has picked up a little in the last few weeks and Eddie Lacy has almost 200 yards receiving in the last two games. Mike McCarthy is finally allowing him to be that all purpose threat he has the potential to be. Only took half the year to realize it.

The defense is also a little unsteady but has mostly shown signs of improvement over last season. Julius Peppers has been a HUGE signing for us... We haven't been getting a lot of sacks, but we are putting a lot of pressure onto QBs... Mike Daniels is a monster and should be the anchor of our line for the next decade. Our ILB still suck horribly, in fact the further you go DOWN the depth chart, the better they get. We need to wipe th eposition clean this offseason.. We have much more depth at OLB , which is why I like the Clay Matthews to ILB move. He doesn't line up there 100% of the time, but enough to keep defenses honest and not gash us right up the middle with the run game. he is still allowed to be the playmaker but also REALLY run the defense, like he should be doing. The secondary has a lot of talent and potential to be great for a lot of years. A lot of the issues with scheming and missing assignments seem to have been fixed, but still overall too many missed tackles.

Overall, I am OKAY with the 6 - 3 mark so far. However, we don't really have a win against a good team yet... Maybe you count Miami? But we struggled down there, even if we got the W. Losing to the Hawks, Lions, and Saints is a sign that we aren't quite ready to compete with the leagues elite, and that needs to change heading into the post season.

We don't really have all that many more games against legit teams, either. We have matchups with Philly, New England, and Detroit left... Bills could be a real problem as well. We really need to take 2 of the first 3 and then still down Buffalo in order to get some quality qins under our belt heading into the playoffs. If we don't win more than half those games, it won't matter because we will miss the playoffs anyway. Detroit will walk away with the division and we will be left pondering what went wrong.

:Seahawks: 6-3

Crippled but potent. Mebane and Zach Miller are done. Bobby Wagner is close to returning. We are likely going to have to start blitzing as we already aren't getting enough pressure. We really need Bruce Irvin to continue to grow like he has the last few weeks. Dude closed the game out for us when he had back to back Cam Newton sacks in CAR 4th qtr. But he's also had some penalty issues. The pass defense will get back to being stout if we can just create a little pressure. However, no pressure, no turnovers, as we've seen thus far. I expect Charles to gash us this Sunday, but as a whole, the run defense just needs to hold on, and linebackers need to return to form and get off their blocks.

Wilson has the discipline and mindset to clean up his passing game and I think he will. He's fallen in love with rookie WR Paul Richardson whom I feel will soon join the parade of breakout rookie WRs. Lynch's big game last week showed that Bevel has learned from his mistakes this year, and we all expect a huge 2nd half from Lynch.

We can return to the promised land, just a matter of executing, and keeping the rest of our healthy players out of harm's way.

Edited by BC

Can't complain about being 7-2. However, the different o-line configurations every week show, and we really haven't been able to keep anyone out of the backfield. It's fine when Pey Pey gets rid of it in 1.5 seconds, because he goes wonky as fuck with people in his face. Montee ball is healthy again, and doesn't want to be the starter, so he can kindly gtfo.

I hate that this era of the Broncos is bound to John Fox and the rest of the main staff. The philosophy is just far too in contrast with what the team is capable of. Give me Chip, McCarthy, Payton... and I think we'd be almost impossible to beat.

Probably the shittiest season I remember as a Jets fan. I mean I've gone through some 4-12 season but that was due to a lot of injuries.

The QB situation is something I feel like the Jets will never be able to figure out. The only really good thing about this team is up front defensively. The secondary looked decent against Pittsburgh but they've mostly been trash.

I'm at a very tough place with the whole Rex Ryan situation. At this point I would understand if the Jets parted ways....but a big part of me hopes they don't.