seanbrock

What has you excited about this year?

For my team, there's a lot to be curious about. Maybe not excited yet. The potential for it to be an exciting year is there but there are a ton of question marks. Chip Kelly's vision of what he wants his offense to be is really starting to come together. If we can keep Bradford up right and healthy (HUGE if) I think we'll have the best season offensively yet. If not we'll see a lot of Mark Sanchez and we know how that'll work out. He'll have a couple good games here and there just because of the system, but he'll cost us a lot of games turning the ball over.

On the defensive side of the ball I expect to see the best Eagles defense in nearly a decade. I love that we've invested ourselves into the defensive line. I love the athleticism and versatility of our LB corps and I love the size and speed we have on the back end. The secondary is a work in progress still but having a great front 7 will do a lot to mask that.

As far as the rest of the league is concerned, I think the NFCW is going to be very interesting. I'm really skeptical of Marshawn Lynch being able to pick up where he left off with all the mileage he has on him and Seattle is going to start the year really banged up in the secondary. We could see Chancellor and Sherman have surgery. Earl Thomas might not be 100% and we all know about the nightmare off season San Fran had. Cardinals could be poised to win that division. Here's where we see if Russell Wilson is worth all the money he got and worth going out and getting Jimmy Graham.

As far as the AFC goes, Denver should pretty easily be the most talented team. The Pats are the defending champs but they're looking at Brady being on the bench for 4 games and losing a lot of defensive talent will hurt. Andrew Luck is another year older, but are the Colts really any better after going out and signing a bunch of old guys? I'd really like to see the Bills finally make the playoffs but I think Miami might have a better shot. Maybe Pittsburgh or Baltimore makes it back to the top this year. The AFC is wide open.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

For the Texans...

1. Hopefully competent QB play from Mallett or Hoyer.

2. Big boy Vince plugging up holes.

3. Clowney's impact (If healthy)

4. Who steps up at WR behind Hopkins? (Shorts and/or Washington)

For the rest of the NFL...

1. Garoppolo filling in for Brady.

2. Suh in South Beach.

3. Peyton running Kubiak's offense.

4. The return of Purple child beater Jesus.

5. Cardinals offense with a healthy Palmer.

6. Rookie QBs Winston and Mariota.

Etc. etc.

• Upvote 1

For the Texans...

1. Hopefully competent QB play from Mallett or Hoyer.

2. Big boy Vince plugging up holes.

3. Clowney's impact (If healthy)

4. Who steps up at WR behind Hopkins? (Shorts and/or Washington)

For the rest of the NFL...

1. Garoppolo filling in for Brady.

2. Suh in South Beach.

3. Peyton running Kubiak's offense.

4. The return of Purple child beater Jesus.

5. Cardinals offense with a healthy Palmer.

6. Rookie QBs Winston and Mariota.

Etc. etc.

If the Pats can come out of the Brady suspension 2-2 They should be in pretty good shape, but how well Garappolo plays is also important because it could be the only regular season action we see out of him until Brady decides to hang 'em up. That's a good one.

I'm not that excited for the 49ers, just craving football and love watching on Sunday afternoons the most.

• Upvote 1

Reshaped OL. Can't be much worse than last year.

Dirk Koetter, finally an OC that has some experience calling plays.

Winston with Mike Evans. This duo will hopefully be fun to watch for a long time.

For the Vikings:

1. Bridgewater with a full arsenal of weapons. We'll find out how special he can be this year, even if he isn't great.

2. Xavier Rhodes' continued rise as an elite cornerback

3. Figuring out Cordarrelle Patterson. I don't care if we figure out he's bad or good. Just get it done and move forward.

4. Anthony Barr healthy in year 2

5. Seeing Mike Zimmer yell at people

As a general NFL Fan:

1. Tony Romo having another fantastic year and hopefully erasing all of the falsehoods that are out there about him.

2. Peyton Manning finally retiring after the season, and hopefully Tom Brady follows suit.

3. Laughing my ass off when the Saints suck again.

4. My 2 favorite games of the year--the bloodbaths between Baltimore and Pittsburgh

5. One more year that we get to watch Marshawn Lynch.

6. Watt/Clowney

For the Packers:

1. How good the offense is going to be. The offense is loaded everywhere besides TE and should be the best offense in the league. If Adams can build on his rookie season and if he is as good as McCarthy and Rodgers have been saying, it's going to a hard trio for defenses to stop. As well as the other WRs that will be fighting for playing time. All while Lacy is ready to bull his way through people. Should be exciting.

2. See how the young players in the secondary perform. Hayward has been a beast as the nickel corner, want to see how he performs on the outside and if he can still be as dominant. HaHa improved through the course of the season and has shown the glimpses of being a great FS that the defense hasn't had since Collins.

3. Improved special teams. After being ranked dead last, Slocum is gone and there has been an emphasis placed on ST. Want to see whether it improves or not.

For me:

Seeing Brock Osweiler finally take the reins for the Broncos. (What do you mean I'm being delusional?!)

Can Antonio Brown keep his insane 5 catch a game streak going?

What sort of second year will Odell Beckham have?

How will the Patriots defense fare without a shutdown CB?

How the hell is the Saints offense gonna work this year?

Will Russell Wilson earn the contract he deserves?

Which teams are gonna emerge as the surprise playoff teams this year? There's usually five of them, and the field is still wide open.

I want to see if Adrian Peterson comes back like it's business as usual, or if defenses are gonna treat him like he did his son.

Will Jimmy Garoppollo straight up usurp Tom Brady?

And many many more.

• Upvote 1

For me:

1. Watching how the young Raider offense gels together and seeing if they actually produce. You have Carr, Cooper, Walford and Latvarius Murray all under age 24. Core pieces for an offense that was absolutely abysmal last season.

2. The Raiders front 7. You have Mack coming into his second year...you add some key veterans in Dan Williams, Lofton, and Malcom Smith...alongside playmakers in Sio Moore and Justin Ellis, it'll make it interesting to see if the Raiders can develop a consistent pass rush.

3. In general, embracing a team that I can support fully and not just one player. Say what you will, but as a young boy...I only liked players off of teams, whether it be Vick, Julio, Brandon Marshall, that's not how shit goes.

I come clean to you and will openly tell you that I have watched as many Raider games as Falcon games. Don't know what it is about Oakland..but no matter how much they suck. I enjoy watching them and I know that they won't be good for a few years to say the least (if ever) but I support the whole franchise and there's not one player I have a man crush on lmao.

For the rest:

1. Seeing if Seattle can still pull wins out of their asses.

2. RG3, I hope he succeeds and it'd be nice to see the Redskins do well in that division.

3. The Vikings could come in 2nd in the NFCN if they play their cards right, also the development of Teddy Bridgewater.

4. How SF responds to losing all kinds of talent across the field and being left with an extremely overpaid douchebag at QB.

Oh, man. So much to look forward to every year in the NFL. I'll center my thoughts on the Eagles for now:

1. Sam Bradford. All anyone talks about his health, but I want to know: can he be a good quarterback? Can he be a significant upgrade over Nick Foles to justify the trade we made for him? Can the Eagles win a Super Bowl with this guy, or is our franchise QB still playing college somewhere?
  2. Defense. If our secondary isn't garbage this year, then our defense should be pretty damn good, because our front seven is awesome.
  3. Playmakers on offense. It seems strange that I'm listing a group that's lacking DeSean Jackson, LeSean McCoy, and Jeremy Maclin, but I have a lot of confidence in what Chip Kelly has done, drafting Matthews and Agholor. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Zach Ertz make a big jump this year.j

Overall, I don't have incredibly high hopes for the Eagles this season. There was just too much change for me to think that this is the year. But there might be enough hope shown to make me think that next year could be the year.

:Eagles:

Seeing Sam Bradford in Chip's offense. I've been on record saying I'm a believer in Bradford's talent before the trade. His health though... that's the primary reason for concern. If Bradford can stay healthy, I believe he has what it takes to be our franchise guy. I'm also excited to see the Eagles running game with Murray, Mathews, and Sproles which should be a very dynamic running attack.

As excited as I am about the possibilities on the offensive side of the ball, I'm even more excited and slightly more confident on the defensive side of the ball. Our front 7 was already pretty solid last year, but to add a premier LB in Kiko Alonso should be a great addition to our defense. Kiko tagged with Mychal Kendricks has the potential to be an elite tandem. Both are dynamic/electric play makers. Curious and eager to see Byron Maxwell and hoping he can be a solid addition to our secondary.

Others:

Can't wait to see Adrian Peterson play and assume the #1 RB spot.

I'm also eager to see the Teddy to Mike Wallace connection. I miss seeing Mike Wallace play making ability (and I still know he has it).

I want to see the Cardinals with a healthy Carson Palmer.

Going to see how Jameis Winston performs with his plethora of weapons on offense.

Can't wait to see Sammy Watkins in year 2. Sucks he has crap at QB.

The Bills overall.

The Colts additions on offense seeing Andre Johnson and the Luck connection.

Edited by Dutch

- Ryan Tannehill... can he continue to improve?

If Tannehill continues to improve I think the Dolphins have a serious shot at the playoffs. It's nice to see teams in the mix who have been bad for a while.

it's impossible to not start with Marcus Mariota, when your team drafts a QB that high you have to get excited about him, otherwise why are you watching sports? I'm excited to see how he adapts to the pro game and how we adjust our system to accommodate him

I'm also excited about year 2 in the 3-4 as well as the additions we made on defense, primarily adding LeBeau to the coaching staff but also bringing in Brian Orakpo (who I've been a huge fan of during his time in DC, just needs to stay healthy) and keeping Derrick Morgan, which should give us a solid pass rush

but mostly, I'm excited to finally get to watch a William & Mary player suit up for the Titans

• Upvote 1

I'm excited just for how competitive the league should be this year, there aren't many, if any, teams that I would pencil in to win their division. (Steelers, Colts?)

I'm excited to see how the NFC East shakes out. The Eagles are a very intriguing team for me, I've said it a million times but I was a huge Bradford fan when he was coming out of college. I'm excited to see what he can do with a talented offense & obviously a coach like Chip.

The Vikings are another team I'm excited for. AP is returning and Teddy has a season under his belt. I think they could be a scary team this year.

Of course, I'm excited for the Chargers as well. We had a very strong offseason. Orlando Franklin should solidify our offensive line. Stevie Johnson, Melvin Gordon, & the return of Danny Woodhead should revamp our offense and give Rivers all he needs to succeed. Our defense looks stout in the secondary, Weddle is in a contract year, Verrett looked really good last year, and of course you have the savvy vet Brandon Flowers. Finally, our young LB core of Perryman & Te'o should be something to watch.

Edited by BJORN
  • Upvote 1

Obvious. Jameis Winston. Regardless of your opinion of him as a prospect, it's an exciting time to get ready and see the 1st overall pick on the field. Outside of that, seeing how Mike Evans tries to improve on an epic rookie year will be fun. Also, if Austin Seferian-Jenkins can live up to his potential with a OC who has a good history with TEs and a QB who proved to love TEs in college (Nick O'Leary was Jameis' go to guy despite being nowhere near as physically talented as ASJ).

I'm excited to see McFadden playing for Dallas. I liked him at Arkansas and thought Oakland was the worst possible place for him to land. I hope he gets his career back on track.

I'm also actually excited about watching Philly this year (puke, gag, need a shower now). But it's the truth... I want to see if all this nonsense adds up, and how well Murray does outside of Dallas. Is Chip a genius? Or a moron? I'm hoping for the latter, but still happy about watching it all unfold.

The talk around Dallas is the D line might actually be a strength on defense. Here's hoping....

How does RGIII respond?

Where are the Giants at?

I'm ready to see it all happen.

• Upvote 2

For me:

Seeing Brock Osweiler finally take the reins for the Broncos. (What do you mean I'm being delusional?!)

Wouldn't that be neat? :wub:

On the offensive side of the ball for the Broncos, there's as many things that I'm excited about as there are things that riddle me with dismay.

Can't wait to see Cody Latimer get some playing time, but he's never going to really excel until he gets in their with Rottweiler since they've developed a solid chemistry. You can't come fast enough 2016.

Can't wait to see CJ Anderson in Kubiak's offense. CJ2K is back.... oh but there will be 4 new offensive linemen, up to two of which will be rookies, and the other 2 second-year players with no real playing time. :sigh:

Mostly excited to see the Wade Phillips defense, featuring what could end up being the best pack of linebackers in the league. Starting with Vonster, DWare, and now Shane Ray outside, with the tackling machines Danny Trev and Brandon Marshall on the inside. Crossing my fingers that all these guys stay healthy. Definitely very interested to see how well Sly Williams can handle NT. This year will truly determine if he is a bust or not (but I think he might be).

The Bills at the not-quarterback position.

If the Bills had real qb, they would be legit contenders.

Obviously Jameis Winston. We could finally have ourselves a franchise QB, so I can't wait to watch him play.

Other than Winston,

- ASJ: Winston loved using TE's in college and Dirk Koetter likes using them, as well. ASJ is a big target with a lot of talent and I would love to see him and Winston develop some good chemistry.

- Dirk Koetter: Finally, we have a legit, proven NFL OC and not some scrub who had never called plays before in his life. I think Koetter can do some good things with this offense and minimize some of the areas of weakness.

- Defense: Defense started playing better towards the end of last year and we all saw how much Dallas' D improved after a year of experience with a similar D. The Bucs added a lot of guys from FA who are already familiar with the defense/Lovie (Henry Melton, Bruce Carter, Sterling Moore, etc) so that should make things better as well.

:Vikings: Xavier Rhodes and Trae Waynes.

:Bears: Not excited but curious to see Ashlon without Marshall.

:49ers: Navarro Bowman without Patrick Willis.