Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Saints @ Vikings

Lattimore is the defensive rookie of the year in my book. He shut down Julio what on earth makes you think Thielen or Diggs can get him? The Vikes would do well to go to the other side of the field.

Lattimore is the defensive rookie of the year in my book. He shut down Julio what on earth makes you think Thielen or Diggs can get him? The Vikes would do well to go to the other side of the field.

Julio disappears randomly throughout each and every season. Lattimore is a stud but he's still a rookie.

Lattimore is one guy. And Keenums statline isnt all that different than Brees. Its not like were talking about Brett Hundley here. Lol

Their stat lines are similar this year but that doesn't mean all things are equal here lol. We're talking about a guy with no playoff starts vs a guy with a super bowl ring and a decade plus of experience. It's not the end all be all but it's not like it doesn't matter either. In a match up this close it could well be a difference maker.

Edited by seanbrock

Their stat lines are similar this year but that doesn't mean all things are equal here lol. We're talking about a guy with no playoff starts vs a guy with a super bowl ring and a decade plus of experience. It's not the end all be all but it's not like it doesn't matter either. In a match up this close it could well be a difference maker.

Nick Foles just beat Matt Ryan . Throw what you (general sense of you) know out the window.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Matty Slush is nowhere near the playoff QB that Breesy is.

Ryan has put up better numbers in the last 5 years than Brees has (in the playoffs) so I am not sure that is exactly true. I guess he did have a few shaky starts there really early on in his career though, but likewise Brees wasn't any good last years playoffs and was carried by his team so .. :shrug: We will see what Brees can do tonight. Should be a good one (i hope).

Focusing on enjoying this game regardless of outcome unless the team gets walloped, at which point it will be obvious and I will quit watching.

I love watching football but being a fan doesn't come with a contract binding you to being in a bad mood when your team loses. I will do something else that makes me happier than hell if it's clear the game is going south.

Good luck to Eeflux, though he's almost never here any more, and any other Saints fans who might be trolling our website.

• Upvote 2

Gratz Bware and OSUViking was a great game.

I hope Sendajo (sp?) and Rhodes are 100% for Philly

• Upvote 2

DIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS WOOOOOOO

Great game! I really thought the Saints had it and the Vikings committed a cardinal sin of giving Brees the ball with a minute left.

Gratz Bware and OSUViking was a great game.

I hope Sendajo (sp?) and Rhodes are 100% for Philly

Thanks. I can't imagine Sendejo will be healthy but am hopeful. His injury changed our defense because he's good enough in coverage to allow Zimmer to employ HSmith as a hybrid S/LB and even a situational pass rusher. If we don't have Sendejo next week, Smith will need to play more traditionally, but at least we'll have a week to work on it.

The Saints are in a good place despite the loss. Not only are they built for the immediate future, they've creating a roster that can handle the transition through Brees' retirement.

Thanks. I can't imagine Sendejo will be healthy but am hopeful. His injury changed our defense because he's good enough in coverage to allow Zimmer to employ HSmith as a hybrid S/LB and even a situational pass rusher. If we don't have Sendejo next week, Smith will need to play more traditionally, but at least we'll have a week to work on it.

The Saints are in a good place despite the loss. Not only are they built for the immediate future, they've creating a roster that can handle the transition through Brees' retirement.

And if Taysom Smith isn't the future at QB, at least he's a great ST player.

Congrats Vikings!

My brain checked out after the last play. Just crazy all around lol.

I'll enjoy this while it lasts. I think Zimmer will have the team prepared, but I have this dreadful feeling that it's going to be a huge trap game.

I still can't believe the play. I have no idea what Williams was trying to do there. You don't need to deliver a big blow, wrap his legs up and game over. Mentioned it in the shout box but I think Payton was pretty stupid at the end too. Why call an out route on that 1st down after the 4th down conversion? They were in FG range already and needed to get Minnesota to burn timeouts. Instead they throw a pass for all of 3 yards and end up out of bounds, brilliant. If they just run it, Minnesota has 0 timeouts and the end result is probably different. On defense, what was the purpose of having a linebacker out there? I would have had a safety out there sitting on the goalline and instruct to him to not leave his spot until anyone is near him.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I get not trying to commit a foul but when the ball is launched and just hanging in the air like it was, you have to recognize the situation and be saying to yourself throughout the duration of the whole play "make a tackle in bounds make a tackle in bounds." A few hops and a skip towards the play just like Stephon Diggs is doing in his route would have been textbook.

I'm really glad it happened though. Humor in football especially this late in the season is something I definitely need from my football watching experience.

My deepest condolences to Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, Mark Ingram, Marshon Lattimore, Max Unger, etc.... all those guys were full of piss and vinegar all year and were one of the funnest squads to watch dominate throughout the regular season.

It was a dumb play, but I do feel bad for Marcus Williams. Dude was just about in tears at his locker and you just know that people are gonna be massive massive dicks to him probably for a while.

For the rest of his life. Dude is gonna have to wear a paper bag in new orleans.

It was a dumb play, but I do feel bad for Marcus Williams. Dude was just about in tears at his locker and you just know that people are gonna be massive massive dicks to him probably for a while.

If you're going to knock a man out. Knock him out and get PI that prevents a 61 yard TD.

Idiotic and poor situational awareness no matter how you look at it.

He took a middle of the road approach and that's what he fucking gets.

If he goes about it the right way, it's a wrap up tackle.

If he goes about it the wrong way, he gets called for targeting or PI that breaks up that whole play completely.