Favre4Ever

Welcome to IPB 3.4.5

Currently, TGP is optimal in a 1280x800 screen resolution.

It's finally here.... We have made the large and cumbersome move to the most up-to-date software that Invision has released.

I would like to apologize for the lack of warning you all received. To be quite honest, nobody was expecting the change to happen tonight, or for the board to go out of whack, or to be temporarily out of service. I got home from work and said to Vin, "I'm ready to do this right now." and we went from there.... Again, I apologize and hopefully if and when these kinds of things happen in the future, you (and I) will know in advance.

Thus far, the site will be very bare-bones. Most, if not all of the features and applications previously installed are not compatible with this current version of the software and it will take us a little time to restore those features.

A few of the things you will most likely notice right away....

- Other than one skin we used before the upgrade, every skin has been modified or deleted. There will be another thread on this, so if you haven't read it, please check out the rest of the content in the Announcements section.

- The arcade and bookie are gone for the time being and possibly permanently -- the future of these applications has yet to be decided.

- The IPchat and Shoutboxes are temporarily missing. They will be up either early this morning if Vin has time, or sometime when I get off work. Sometime before the DEN-BAL game these will be back.

- The Rep system is a little different, if you want to call it that. This version supports more of a facebook "like" system. Likes still accumulate and count towards your positive rep.

- This new version of the forum did not support both the profile avatars and posting avatars... Thus it deleted all of one sort, which appears to be the avatars shown in posts. I apologize for this miscue, hopefully you can find adequate avatars to replace the ones you lost.

Those should be the obvious things you notice right off the bat. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns... Please post them here and an Vin or I will get to them as soon as humanly possible.

Thanks for being awesome, and hopefully this opens some new doors for us here at the Gridiron Palace!

Thanks Again,

Vin & Favre4Ever

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

And we are back. Bear with us as we work out the kinks.

Board looks a little weird as of now lol. There's two 'Forums' tabs on the top left and the overall format is a bit sketchy.

Granted, this isn't the finished product so no biggie. Just get the shoutbox up and running before tonight's game and I'll be satisfied. :yep:

Board looks a little weird as of now lol. There's two 'Forums' tabs on the top left and the overall format is a bit sketchy.

Granted, this isn't the finished product so no biggie. Just get the shoutbox up and running before tonight's game and I'll be satisfied. :yep:

I'm seeing the same thing, so it's probably something F4E and Vin are still working out. Regardless, kudos to you two for dedicating so much of your time to the upgrade this close to football season. We appreciate all that you do! :yep:

Edited by SteVo

We cannot get rid of the arcade! I waste so much time there. I wouldn't mind some fresh game though.

Lookin' good.

:sloth2:

EDIT:

Not sure if everyone else is getting this, but when I attempt to go to the chat I get...

Warning: Missing argument 3 for skin_ipchat_58::chatRoom(), called in /home/thegrid1/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/ips/ipchat/modules_public/ipschat/chat.php on line 480 and defined in /home/thegrid1/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_58/skin_ipchat.php on line 43

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makeNameFormatted() in /home/thegrid1/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_58/skin_ipchat.php on line 298

Edited by BucD

Obviously the site is currently a disaster (temporarily I'm sure), but this new mobile is a lot better than the old.

Damn the board is messed up. Im sure when its finished it'll look better then before. Heres to the new board :thumbup2:

Lookin' good.

:sloth2:

EDIT:

Not sure if everyone else is getting this, but when I attempt to go to the chat I get...

Everyone should be getting that. Hopefully we'll have it cleared up tonight, we just ran out of time this morning with work and whatnot.

For what it's worth, the chat does work in the mobile skin.

This is so funky... it'll take a while to get used to.

I WANT MY SHOUTBOX whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Wonder if the shoutbox will be making a return or just rolling with the chat...

:think:

Wonder if the shoutbox will be making a return or just rolling with the chat...

:think:

The shout box crew will rage

• Upvote 1

1. Site does not work on mac it's all stretched out on my screen.

2. We can't give people negative rep anymore?

I just thought my laptop was being weird when I saw the site. I'm sure things will be fine once there is some getting used to it, as long as the shoutbox returns.

I just thought my laptop was being weird when I saw the site. I'm sure things will be fine once there is some getting used to it, as long as the shoutbox returns.

My thoughts exactly.

We used this last night after the shoutbox and site (minus those that were in chat at the beginning of the upgrades) went out: http://tinychat.com/rc1kh

You don't need an account to use it.

Those of you with the "not digging the layout" or "all messed up", if you could post a SS of the front page / index, I would appreciate it. It's almost identical as the last layout for me on my screen, minus the little tilt to the nav bar at the top.

Pretty sure it has to do with screen resolution for the time being. Although I have checked the more popular 1366 and 1280 resolutions and everything is fairly intact.

Your help would be appreciated going into as much detail as possible. :yep:

Thanks!

I don't remeber the subforums showing up on the main page as links. It makes the page bigger then it needs to be. I'm digging the new banner though :dance:

They were always there. That just seems to be a formatting error. Thank you sir! I shall add that to the list.

Error: Could not load template 'shoutboxJavascript' from group 'shoutbox_hooks'

it says at the top of the page.

Looks like complete and utter shit so far. Just being honest.

Hopefully after a few more hours it gets better..but, um, why are you doing this the night before Opening kickoff? lol

• Upvote 2