SteVo

Knights of Andreas: General Info Thread

Now that it's over, a few quick hits on planning/writing the series:

• The beginning of Part V: I always planned on a big shocker to start the season. My first plan was a Maverick trade out of nowhere. As you all know I instead foreshadowed that only to shift gears to Rose's release. The initial idea there was actually to have Rose die in a car crash after being released, bit I felt that was a bit much.
  • Planning the final seasons: My first outline was to do seven seasons in total, with the 6th unfolding as it basically did (earthquake and undefeated season), then the 7th would be flashback-heavy (as Part VI ended up being) and involve the Knights on a bizarre losing streak that got Phillips fired. I never got too far into this idea, ultimately deciding to combine everything into a jam-packed 6th season.
  • The end: I knew a big part of the ending of KoA would be the resolution of the Schneider/Phillips tension. My first idea was Phillips pairing with Javad to "take down" Schneider somehow, but I came to see that as a little cheesy, and not a proper end to the series. So, we instead got the compromise that actually happened.
  • Random ideas that never made it into the text or got cut: a chapter where the team holds a skills competition to boost morale, a storyline where Brock tests positive for cocaine, a flashback where Bishop (playing at FSU) coaches up his teammates' confidence

tldr

Edited by BC
  • Downvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 4:10 PM, SteVo said:

:ninja:

Why are we bumping this? Could it be you're going to continue it?

• Downvote 1

my post was sarcastic for laughs thanatos you dumb fuckin fuckbag

7 hours ago, BC said:

my post was sarcastic for laughs thanatos you dumb fuckin fuckbag

I wasn't replying to you, son. You're a very angry little pepperoni man.

• Downvote 1

1vcwa4.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/28/2019 at 1:47 PM, Thanatos said:

Why are we bumping this? Could it be you're going to continue it?

Maybe.

Ok, in all seriousness, I am considering bringing this back for a temporary run. It would be very short, 6-8 chapters, and essentially just a deeper look at the epilogue of the series. But it would follow the Knights throughout a season (probably 2020) like past seasons have.

As a writer, I would love to revisit these characters again, get in their heads, visualize the Knights taking the field, hear the Farmers Field crowd roar, see locker room banter, watch Phillips and Schneider go back and forth. I have some plot ideas, and have had some since I published the last chapter.

But I'll only go forward with it if y'all are interested. I feel satisfied with how KoA ended and am more than happy to leave it at that. What say you?

As someone who started writing a series of fanfictions based off of a dumb joke on stream, just go for it. You know you want to. Eat the forbidden apple you leg having bitch.

• Upvote 1

One advantage of Covid-19 forcing me to spend a lot of time at home?

More time spent writing.

(Vin, fire up that SOON picture again.)

• Upvote 2

So who's ready to visit a world where Covid-19 doesn't happen and the 2020 NFL season will undoubtedly start on time?

My plan is to roll this out some time this summer so that it's over before the real-life season starts (if it does). As I mentioned before, this is a quality-over-quantity approach. The current outline is 7 chapters, and I'd be shocked if it ends up more than 8. By 2020 there are only a few of our characters still on the Knights anyway, so that allows for a deeper, more character-driven approach than in the past.

I'm also trying to get the word count down. Near the end of Part VI I was pushing 6,000 words with each chapter. I'm going for the 4500-5500 range this time around.

So, hang in there, everyone. I'll once again ask Vin for fire up the SOON picture, even though he did it a few posts back...

@Vin @Maverick  @BigBen07 @theMileHighGuy @Thanatos @BradyFan81 @Zack_of_Steel @Cherry @RazorStar @seanbrock @Sarge

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1vcwa4.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, a few miscellaneous updates regarding writing, and mostly good news:

• For the last few weeks, I was worried I would have to tell you all there would be no more KoA. I had a beginning and an end to this new story, but no middle. I couldn't connect it all. This morning, one good brainstorming session later, the middle has been found. So I can now confirm...
  • Knights of Andreas WILL return for exactly eight chapters. This will not officially be Part VII; I'm considering it more of an extended epilogue that will follow the Knights through the 2020 season. It will be titled, "Four Years Later."
  • Only 5 original characters are still on the team by this time (Mav, D-Jam, Grodd, Zack, Randall), so this will be a much more character-focused KoA than we've read in years' past. That said, the characters who are no longer on the Knights may still find ways to enter the story.
  • I'm targeting mid/late July for the debut, which means a trailer of sorts should be hitting this thread shortly. Stay tuned...

@Vin @Maverick  @BigBen07 @Thanatos @BradyFan81 @Turry @Zack_of_Steel @Cherry @seanbrock @RazorStar @JetsFan4Life @Sarge @DalaiLama4Ever

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

QUESTION: Would you guys prefer me post the chapters during late summer before the NFL season starts, or in September/October while the NFL is going on? (Keep in mind, Covid very well could cancel or postpone the real season.)

Whenever you feel most comfortable posting em man. Take the time you need with the process. 

• Upvote 1

I concur with Cherry. You cannot rush greatness.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, guys. I definitely want to have everything written and edited so it'll be as epic as possible when I publish it. I've been writing like crazy, so I should have some more tidbits SOON.

soon.jpg

• Upvote 1