Omerta

What Are Your Realistic Expectations For Your Team?

Fairly straight forward. Every year when the season begins what are your expectations ? Then add in do you think you will make it ?

For the Ravens, we just came off a Superbowl win. However every year I expect at least one playoff win. We have done it more than we have not and since drafting Flacco we have not missed that goal. Realistically I see us competing for the AFC throne again with the Pats, Steelers, Texans, and Bronco's.

Will we get there ? I am not sure. I know our defense is going to be much better. We used the draft and FA to solidify it very well and we have got some playmakers and everybody we brought in was not only cheaper but better than the guy they replaced in terms of production imo. Now the offense who knows. People point to Boldin being gone which is a legitimate concern. I do not however think it is going to hinder us all that much. I think we got some young guys who under a competent OC will be more than enough to make up Boldins production. If 2 of 5 pan out we are going to be shitting in high cotton.

Cam Cameron being gone will be the best thing that has happened to this team other than landing JO and Ray in one draft.

So what are your expectations every year, for this year, and why or why wont you meet them ?

I had us around 9 wins last year, and it's pretty similar this year. It all comes down to closing games, and that's where we struggle.

I think this year we'll win more of those then lose. And it all starts and ends with relieving some of the pressure from Stafford on offense. I'm also very optimistic about our defense, Jason Jones was a very underrated signing, Fairley should only get better, and adding Glover Quin could be another huge asset.

I expect...

An improved WR corps (:ninja:), a competent secondary, another 12-13 win season, and a serious shot at the title. :smug:

• Upvote 1

Win the division again, and hopefully make a deeper run in the playoffs. Once in the playoffs anything can happen.

A playoff appearance is to be expected. An early playoff exit is also to be expected. Von Miller needs to become Lawrence Taylor and Jack Ham combined in the playoffs if we want to have our defense carry dogshit Peyton through the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Division title.

The playoffs are a crap shoot. win the division and get a bye and I'll be satisfied.

9-7/10-6.

If a wildcard berth happens, I don't expect to win a playoff game, but getting there would be a great season.

I'm expecting about 10 wins, and hopefully a playoff spot. Don't think we would win any more than a game in the playoffs, but just getting there would be nice.

I expect the team to be north of .500 and pushing for a playoff spot, we've done really well this offseason addressing our major holes so now it's all riding on Locker's development, if he can stay healthy (the biggest if for us) and put together a halfway decent season I think we'll at least contend for a wild card spot, and as others have said once you make the playoffs anything can happen, that said, if we do make the playoffs anything we do there is gravy

I've got us around 6 or 7 wins once again. My confidence in Locker is the lowest it's been since we drafted him. On top of that, he's learning an entirely new playbook this year(According to Kendall Wright and Kenny Britt, NONE of the playbook from last season remains this year). That usually doesn't work well for young, inexperienced QBs to keep switching offenses.

Dat o-line doe :megusta:

I've spent much time trying to separate my feelings and expectations from the media hype surrounding the Seahawks this offseason. It hasn't been easy to do because I think we're actually capable of meeting that hype if all goes to plan, and I think we're going to have to if we expect any kind of league-wide respect moving into the future. We simply cannot afford to faceplant after all this buildup.

That said, my expectations are as follows : I expect to at least match last year's wildcard berth. That's bare minimum. I would prefer though to see a division title, which I don't believe is an unfair expectation. How far we ultimately go is up for speculation. I'd love to see a Superbowl appearance, and I think we could make a good push at it. However, we still have alot of hurdles to jump before we get there, and I've never liked making preseason SB predictions because 9 times out of 10 you end up with egg on your face.

So yeah. 11-5 or better. Playoff appearance. Preferably divisional crown. Potentially a SB push.

Edited by Jayrus
  • Upvote 1

Jerry Jones realizes that he's choking the life out of his team and hires a GM after we miss the playoffs again. He gives this new GM the responsibility of bringing in a new head coach that can get the team back to the glory days.

:yep:

Just kidding. We'll miss the playoffs by winning only nine games. Jerry will axe Garrett then go after a big name coach that will continue to sell tickets to pay off our massive stadium.

I think the situation in Minnesota right now warrants that I should mention two possible scenarios and their possible out comes. Does Christian Ponder develope into "The Guy" or does he continue his less than stellar play?

If Christian Ponder is truly the guy, I think the Vikings could win 11 or 12 games and be considered a serious contender for the NFC crown. On the flip sde if he proves that he is a bust, I think the Vikings still will 8 or 9 games on the back of Adrian Peterson, and narrowly miss the playoffs.

I could see the Bucs being 11-5 if things play out like we hope. It usually doens't so I'm thinking closer to 8-8 or 9-7. I still believe we are serious playoff contenders though.

Between 6-10 and 8-8.

There's a chance Chip Kelly is a total bust and we totally suck. But I think we'll be a slightly improved team with a few holes (especially at QB) becoming apparent towards year's end. I'm thinking around 6-10. Best case scenario, we're a surprise division winner but don't make much noise in the playoffs. The NFC East is a huge wild card.

10-12 wins and a playoff birth. We'll meet those expectations because Ben Roethlisberger, because Dick LeBeau, and because Bengals hype. The Steelers traditionally do well when they are underdogs and/or counted out.

Edited by Sarge

12 wins on the high end. 9 wins on the low end. Probably end up somewhere in the middle. I'm thinking 10-6 with a wildcard berth.

Accounting for injuries that are bound to happen, I think 10 wins is a realistic expectation. I don't think 10 wins will be good enough to get a playoff spot in the NFC this coming season though, so we'll have to hope something happens to result in the Saints or Falcons having a poor season.

19-0. First pick in the draft. 25 pro bowlers. Goodell assassinated on Thanksgiving. Maybe extra terrestrials are so impressed they visit Earth.

Considering our depth and playmakers at almost every position and I don't think there is a team that can stay with us in the AFC or in our schedule

Division title.

The playoffs are a crap shoot. win the division and get a bye and I'll be satisfied.

Wow that seems like really low expectations for the pats. To me the afc will be decided by Baltimore v New England in a third straight title game. The steelers are the dark horse contender if they can stay healthy. All the other afc teams are limited by playoff qb play and or all around inexperience.

Division title and at least one playoff win.

Wow that seems like really low expectations for the pats. To me the afc will be decided by Baltimore v New England in a third straight title game. The steelers are the dark horse contender if they can stay healthy. All the other afc teams are limited by playoff qb play and or all around inexperience.

new England has no WR and Baltimore is a team that rode luck to the Super Bowl. I see a new tier of top teams in the AFC in the bengals, texans, Denver and Miami. I don't see how any team is going to keep up with Denver now especially with some of the reports coming out of mini camps and such.