RANGA

If You Could Take Any Two Players From History...

...from either side of the football, at the peak of their careers, to play for your team right now, who would they be? The only catch, they can't have played for your team in the past.

Mine would have to be:

S, Brian Dawkins

dawkins-from-behind.jpg

DE, Reggie White

reggiewhite11.jpg

Imagine that defense :wub:

Edited by RANGA
  • Upvote 2

RB Terrell Davis

CB Champ Bailey

:D

Walter Jones and Jonathan Ogden. Fuck the rules :yep:

OL Bruce Matthews and DL Bruce Smith. 2 versatile Bruces. Trench warfare, baby! Bruces wild!

LT and Derrick Thomas :smug:

Both D

Mel Blount

Jack Ham

They just scream Bears Football.

Two on same side: Bruce Smith 3-4 DE, Mike Singletary 3-4 ILB

Bruce Matthews C/OG, Tony Gonzalez TE

• Upvote 1

Two on same side: Bruce Smith 3-4 DE, Mike Singletary 3-4 ILB

Bruce Matthews C/OG, Tony Gonzalez TE

good idea

Offensively I'd go with Steve Young at QB because he's got the best combination of athleticism and decision making that would be the prototype QB for the offense that Chip Kelly runs. The other player I'd add on top of Young offensively would have to be Bruce Matthews like you said. Can plug him in at any position on the offensive line and he'd play at an all pro level.We already have McCoy and Kelly's offense with a great o line, McCoy and Steve Young at QB wouldn't need too many deadly receiving threats. Jackson and company would do just fine

Defensively I'd add Jack Lambert. The Eagles desperately need a guy like Lambert for his toughness, leadership and ability in coverage. Jack Lambert just didn't miss tackles. The other guy I'd add would be Rod Woodson at safety. Thought about Ronnie Lott real hard here but Woodson was a guy who could be your number 1 CB or a hell of a play making safety. Very underrated player who could cover and create turn overs.

But really Marvin Harrison and a DB like maybe Mel Renfro or Darrell Green.

Edited by Bay

John Elway and Rod Woodson.

Lawrence Taylor and . . . I guess Jim Brown, but damn offensively I could go a few ways.

Good topic.

Deacon Jones and Ronnie Lott. Instant Death for any ballcarier.

Have to go with Ronnie Lott and either Johnathan Ogden or Anthony Munez. The Packers need a playmaking safety and someone that can bring some character and leadership back to the defense. Lott would do just that. While the tackles for the Packers have been average at best. Ogden or Munez would be able to lock down a tackle spot.

Wow, this is tough.

On defense, Deion Sanders and Deacon Jones (maybe Derrick Thomas too, why not? You know what, throw Ronnie Lott in there).

On offense, Barry Sanders, Tom Brady. (I know we're not supposed to pick former players from our team, but I would really love to see Floyd Little dominate in this offense :yep: )

Thinking about the game today... Honestly, I think the most important aspect might be a pass rush. I also like secondary players a lot, but... Oh man, so tough.

I probably have to go with the two most feared pass rushers in NFL history because I feel you can do just about anything if you can get to the QB consistently.

nfl_g_ltaylor_600.jpg

reggie-white.jpg

I'm pretty awed that no-one paired Montana and Rice, especially in a place where credit is routinely taken away from players for playing with greatness along side of them. Why take Montana if you're not gonna take the guy who made him look good for all those years? :troll:

That would have been my dynamic duo though had Montana not have saddled up for the Chiefs in the twilight of his career. So instead I'll go with Young and Rice. You put those two guys on this Chiefs team and it's over.

Thinking about the game today... Honestly, I think the most important aspect might be a pass rush. I also like secondary players a lot, but... Oh man, so tough.

I probably have to go with the two most feared pass rushers in NFL history because I feel you can do just about anything if you can get to the QB consistently.

nfl_g_ltaylor_600.jpg

reggie-white.jpg

Can't choose someone that has already played for your team...pick again JD :p