Sign in to follow this  
Zack_of_Steel

Would you root for your least favorite NFL personality if he came with a SB win?

Think of the one player or coach in the league that you absolutely loathe. Now, imagine he's signed/traded for by your favorite team. Would you root for him if he were the one guy to put your team over the edge and win you a Super Bowl?

For me, it would be either Peyton Manning or Bill Belichick. I'm not sure I could stomach watching Peyton win a ring with the Steelers in place of Ben. I might just break forever. If Bill replaced Tomlin, I think I'd begrudgingly accept it, knowing he's probably our best shot at a ring before Ben retires.

A couple other names are Tebow and Manziel. I'm not sure I could watch a Steeler game with Tebow at QB (of course I would, but fuck). Ugh. If Manziel lead the Steelers to a Lombardi, I'd admit I was wrong about him, but that'd be a gross SB victory.

Good question. I don't know if I really hate people from other teams enough, so I'd say yes. Wow I'm actually struggling to think of somebody I hate enough to even put in this scenario and I've been at it for 4 minutes or so.

Considering how half of that has happened and the other half is paradoxical, no.

There really aren't any players/coaches that I personally loathe. I root for the laundry, so anyone that can help the Texans to a Super Bowl victory will be a welcomed addition by me.

• Upvote 1

My least favorite coach: Jeff Fisher. I think he is a dirty coach. However, I do think I would get over it if the Chargers won a super bowl as a result of him becoming our coach.

Least favorite player: Probably Michael Vick....and I probably wouldn't root for him.

Nope. Not worth it.

• Upvote 1

Yes. Any day. We don't know who these guys really are when the camera isn't on. Maybe they just put on a show, and they might be decent people behind closed doors. Someone's on-camera personality is far from a legitimate reason to not accept a SB won for your team by them.

Edited by Sarge

Unequiocally yes, Never seen the Eagles win a Super Bowl and I don't care who would bring the Lombardi to Philly.

I don't think I could stomach seeing Drew Brees winning us a super bowl...

Same goes for that shit coach in Sean Payton. Fuck that noise

Pls.

You would be absolutely insufferable if the Falcons ever won the Super Bowl no matter who led them to it and you know it. Don't front, bruh. :no:

Pls.

I rooted for Pacman long enough, and he didn't come anywhere close to a SB

I feel like it usually has to be a QB that you really hate. And for me that is Peyton Manning. That would be the worst day of my life and probably one of the hardest decisions ever because I seriously hate Peyton Manning as a football player. But a championship in Chicago would blow the city up......I probably would barely stomach it.

Also I felt like I was gonna live this scenario out with Julius Peppers when we signed him. I didn't hate him before he got here, but then I quickly lost respect for him when he started playing.

• Upvote 1

Ray Lewis retired, but I would've never wanted to see him play for the Steelers or win with him starting.

• Upvote 1

I hate the fact Jared Allen is on the bears and a few cheeseheads other than that i would not care. Different sport I would never cheer for an ex hab or an ex senator fuck that noise.

I used to hate Peyton when he was on the Colts. Since he's been on the Broncos I pretty much feel indifferent about him. But honestly it would feel dirty as hell if the Jags won a ring with Peyton as the QB. Especially since his Jags career would be so short lived. I dunno man... I dunno. Probably would be happy in the moment, then decades down the line I'd have PTSD and end up sitting on a dirty Miami corner smoking 305s drinking 32 oz. Mad Dog's rambling about foreheads and screaming at Papa John's pizza boxes. Not worth it.

• Upvote 2

I have never been a fan of Julius Peppers. He always just seemed like a moron, and not somebody I wanted anything to do with... Now that he is on the team (and the best player at his position no less), I kinda of just deal with it. I enjoy rooting for him when a big play happens, but otherwise go on like he doesn't exist.

I couldn't handle a Peyton Manning or Drew Brews crossover though. No way in hell.

• Upvote 1

I don't know who it would be but 1000% yes.

I rooted for Vick and no Super Bowls came of it

If Drew Brees came here and we won a SB, I wouldn't remember hating him as I celebrate the victory. I think the people saying No are insane, especially the ones whos franchises have no SB wins :coffee:

If Cary Williams was on my team I would kill myself.

I truly dislike Lesean Mccoy, Dez, Aldon Smith, Sherman, Ray Rice, Roethlisberger, and a couple others as people... but if they were on my team and won us a Super Bowl, I wouldn't be mad about it or anything. Literally cheering for them though, might feel odd.

I hated Manning forever because he knocked us out of the playoffs or out of playoff contention a bunch of times in the 2000s, but obviously I like him now. He was never a thug, a chronic asshole, or a criminal though.

If Cary Williams was on my team I would kill myself.

I truly dislike Lesean Mccoy, Dez, Aldon Smith, Sherman, Ray Rice, Roethlisberger, and a couple others as people... but if they were on my team and won us a Super Bowl, I wouldn't be mad about it or anything. Literally cheering for them though, might feel odd.

I hated Manning forever because he knocked us out of the playoffs or out of playoff contention a bunch of times in the 2000s, but obviously I like him now. He was never a thug, a chronic asshole, or a criminal though.

Cary Williams is quietly the most annoying toolbag in the NFL. That's a good call.

• Upvote 1

Honestly only person I'd even consider no to is Cary Williams. Him and Claiborne.