NaTaS

TGP, do you really hate your your rivals?

As a Browns fan, I don't hate the Bengals, I used to hate the Ravens and that is cooling off, but I really hate the Steelers. I dislike (most) of their fans with a passion - except ZoS and Sarge both of whom I respect greatly. Steeler fans are some of the biggest bandwagon mother fuckers on earth and they're everywhere. I hate that the all-time record Browns vs Steelers that was own by the Browns since the beginning of time to the mid-2000's is now owned by the Steelers and our piss poor performance over the last decade has caused some of our fans to join the Steelers bandwagon. I'm bitter and that fuels my hatred.

What about you? Do you really hate your rivals or is it more respect?

• Upvote 1

The 49ers have been division rivals with the Rams since the 50s. So that is the reason i dislike the Lambs the most. Seattle and Arizona are still fairly new to the NFC West so I don't hate them as much. I preferred when the Falcons and Saints were in the NFC West.

The Ravens and the Steelers bring my piss to a boil. The Bengals is more of a best-in-state kinda rivalry.

Well. It's simple for me...I only hate one team in my division. Not so much the Panthers because we smack dat ass every time we play them....but the damned Bucs are always giving us a fight which I respect to the point where I don't hate them. The Saints on the other-hand....I wouldn't mind if someone accidentally broke the levees again :troll: Everything about the Saints pisses me off. Their fans, their cheap play on BOTH sides of the ball...not just defense. And..the fact that the media rides their dick so hard when they aren't good is even more laughable. So fuck the Saints...the rest are ok.

Mainly hate the 49ers. Not because they are the biggest threat, but just because everything about them is a "legacy." 49er fans boast about shit that happened before they even followed the team. ESPN and the sports world are always encouraging their success for that reason too. Fuck em.

Edited by BC

Well. It's simple for me...I only hate one team in my division. Not so much the Panthers because we smack dat ass every time we play them....

Lol. ATL selective memory for the win.

The Dirty Birds and the Saints can go collectively jump in a lake. The Bucs I at least respect.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Raiders: Hate em, Al Davis and the Black Hole, synonymous with the absolute worst humanity has to offer. The Raider way is just another way of saying dirty.

Chargers: Don't think about playing until December, most of their fans are bandwagoners or fairweather fans who only care when the offense is putting up big numbers. SoCal is a cool guy though.

Chiefs: Respect them for supporting a team that can't win a championship, and haven't done anything in the playoffs in over 20 years. Don't have the same level of hate for them that I do for the California teams.

I hate all other teams but here's a scale on which I hate my division rivals.

Lions: In years past, I've hated them but not really cared about them doing good unless we're playing against them. Now starting to hate them if they get good.

Bears: Since I lived in Chicago for my entire life I've always hated the Bears, but I tolerated them because I kind of had to. All my friends except one were Bears fans.

Vikings: Can't stand them. Whenever I heard "Minnesota" I just cringe. I hate it so much.

I hate the fucking Saints. I hate Brees and how fucking good he is and I hate that dirty ass defense of recent years. They are definitely my most hated rival team. The Falcons are second. I can't fucking stand Matt Ryan although their fans are usually cool peeps. It's usually a heated rivalry with good smack talk. Panthers I don't really hate. I have grown to like a lot of their players over the years and respect their fan base. The only guy I've always hated is Steve Smith because he burns us year after year.

I'm just indifferent towards the Colts and Jaguars, but I absolutely DESPISE the Titans.

I used to dislike the Giants for ending the Pats perfect season in the Superbowl. However, I've gianed increasing respect for them as of late. So there's really only four teams I have legitamate animosity towards right now.

1) Steelers - Reason? You might think Superbowl XL. Well yes and no. It's not that we lost, or that I question the loss. It's that Steelers fans won't stop rubbing it in our faces. It happened. It's over. shut the hell up please. There's also the fact that I despise their bandwagon fans. Steelers "Fans" exist in every state in the country and I'd be willing to bet 98% of them only support the Steelers because they're the perennial SB team. the moment the Steelers stop going to the big one most of their so-called fans will jump ship, I guarantee you.

2) Raiders - Reason? This is an age-old prejudice left over from days past when the Seahawks were in the AFC West. Not to mention I live in Oregon where if you're not a Seahawks fan like the majority, you're probably either a Raiders or a 49ers fan. Also, unfortunately where I live the Raiders "fans" are generally thugs and gangsters. Add into it that the Raiders historaccly have had much violence agaisnt opposing fans in their stadium, and the result is me not able to stand this team or anyone who supports them.

3) 49ers - Reason? Beyond being our current divisional rival, I can't stand the fact that they are the ONLY team in our division anyone gives a shit about. The Seahawks owned the NFC West for 7 years and yet we had to listen to how it's the "49er's division" and how the "49ers are/were a dynasty!" Never mind that they've been a joke for over a decade. Those rusted old superbowl rings mean they're the only team in the West anyone will talk about, and their fans are even worse. The 49ers have the loudest, dumbest, most self-absorbed fanbase i've EVER seen. I have NEVER hald a conversation with a 49ers fan (Except for BayAreaBomber) that didn't degenerate into mindless insults against my team and a reminder that they won the superbowl decades ago. No matter how bad their team does. No matter how much they suck THIS year, they're better than you because they won the superbowl way back when. Every 49ers fan acts like football royalty, expecting you to bow down to their team and it's "dynasty" and it drives me insane.

4) Saints - Current events aside, I can't stand the Saints. I hate when a team is crowned the Superbowl Champion halfway through the season. I hated the media circus that surrounded them that year. I hated hearing about Katrina 100 times a day. (I don't in anyway mean to minimise the suffering people went through in that tragedy though. I just was sick of hearing about how the Saints saved New Orleans every other minute of the day that year). I ESPECIALLY hated the obvious and disgusting favoritism they were shown in the NFCCG that year. They will never in my mind the the Superbowl Champs of that year. They didn't earn it. They were just handed it. (I know Saints fans will contest that. This isn't about wwhether that's true. I'm just describing my reasons and beliefs for disliking the Saints). As for the current scandal, it has only vindicated, at least for me, my dislike of the Saints.

Edited by Jayrus

It depends. I don't exactly hate the teams beside a few players on each team but the fanbases of the teams can be annoying at times. I have been to games at Lambeau and the Metrodome and have seen multiple Bears and Vikings fans that are pitiful. I disregarded the Lions until recently when it seems like there are a bunch of "fans" that have just so happened to appear when the Lions have finally built a good team.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

I've got nothing against the Colts or the Texans, the Titans, however, are a different story. There's just been something about them that I've always disliked. I think the majority of it just stems from Jeff Fisher. Well, that, and the fact that it seems like the majority of their players are unlikeable unless you're a fan of the team.

Edited by Vin

I absolutely detest the Ravens. More respect for the Steelers and the Bengals are just dirt.

I don't necessarily hate any team in the AFC North.

Steelers: I respect the team, love the rivalry, hate most of the fan base with a passion (Not Steelers fans here on TGP, they're cool dudes.) Only cool Steelers fans I've met in person were my HS math teacher and my girlfriend (lolz), every other Steelers fan I've come in contact with is an obnoxious scumbag pressuring me to "fight" because they find out I'm a Ravens fan - real mature :facepalm: . Oh, and fuck Hines Ward, forever.

Bengals: I don't hate the Bengals at all. It just irritates me that the Ravens seemingly always find a way to get beat by them.

Browns: What in the fuck do I have to hate them for? If anything I cheer them on in hopes they'll be on par with the rest of the division soon! There should be a huge rivalry between the Browns and Ravens, but the Browns haven't really been a legitimate constant threat until recently - on defense anyway. I love competition and would want nothing more than for this to become a true rivalry; I just want the Browns to be good in order to do so. So, no hate here.

Chicago - No explanation needed. I have always hated them and will always hate them. I feel as if I was born hating anything from Chicago. Although, I must admit, most of their fans are at leats tolerable. I can hold a conversation with most of them. Obviously MOTM Here, but it carries over to RL as well.

Detroit - I really never hated them, and honestly... They sucked so badly I didn't even consider them rivals. In recent years though, that has changed. Not just because they have actually become a formidable opponent, either... I despise Jim Schwartz. I think he is nothing short of filth, and a flat out douche bag. I have NO respect for that man at all. And then, it seems as if they encourage dirty play, which doesn't help my opinion of them, either.

Minnesota - This is a tough one. Half my family is from Mankato (where the Vikings take camp every year). While tension gets high during our games, it's definitely not as much hatred as it is with Chicago. The Vikes are definitely more tolerable than the other teams in our division... Although, I have not met all that many great Viking fans. Most of them are just flat out douche bags.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I absolutely despise all of them (Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins). That being said, I get along with all the rival fans of the Giants here.

Hating in sports is awesome. It makes fan rivalries so much more fun, IMO.

I don't really hate Browns and Bengals but I absolutely despise Ravens...It's a great rivalry and every game is a story to itself...Not every Raven fan is a scumbag,I've met some cool fans here on TGP and in person...

I don't really have a problem with the Broncos, or at least not as much as I should. They just don't really bother me. After Elway left, they've been pretty much insignificant, much like the Chiefs have been since Montana left and before he got there. It's been rough for both of our fans.

So, onto the hate list:

1.Da RAIDAAAAZZZZ: Man, I just hate the hell out of them: The team, the players, most of the fans, the fact that they had to ruin what is one of the best color schemes in sports, the gay pirate on their helmet—it's not even scary—the fact that good players go there to "die," Rich Gannon's one-hit-wonder year, Al Davis, them turning Richard Seymour into a thug, Al Davis's son, Tom Cable punching his staff, unleashing Jon Fucking GRUDEN on all of us (now he won't shut up), their thuggery, Darius Heyward-Bey and every other fast guy they drafted that never did shit, Jamarcus Russel and every other lazy piece of shit that played there... I could literally do this all day, but I'll leave it there. Oh, did I mention Al Davis? Hated him so much I had to mention it twice...

That's the only team that I truly hate, and I'm a little sad that there are no real Raiders fans around here to have a rivalry with, but at the same time releaved that there are no Raiders fans around here for obvious reasons. Raider nation is just a nice way of saying sack of assholes.

Now that that's out of the way, I will say this: Chargers I don't like much at all right now, and that's mostly because of Rivers with his crybaby antics and childish behavior. The rest of the team seems to have followed his lead, and it's leading them right out of relevance, so I'm good with it.

The media makes me not want the Cowboys to win, but I don't really dislike them like most of the people here seem to. I just think Romo is an overrated choke.

I actually like the Steelers as a team, but the majority of their fan base just makes me nauseous. People here know how I feel about them personally, so I don't feel the need to put out the disclaimer: we're good. Living where I live though, I get the worst form of Steelers fans. You have the "SIXBURG" fans, who just love to shout about championships that happened before they were even born and just jumped on the badwagon because they have beaten the pants off of the local team the entire time they've been watching fooball, there's the "push your button" fans who just root for the Steelers because they like to be antagonistic and piss people off—these are generally the type of people who would punch you and then go run and hide behind their mom and stick their tongue out at you while you get scolded, they rarely have any football knowledge, can't tell you any of the players outside of Troy, Ben, and Hines, and they are also usually Michigan fans too—but there are some cool fans out there. One of my best friends is a Steelers fan, and a few of my other friends are as well.

That about sums it up for me. I give an honorable mention to Browns fans. Their often the loudest people in the room, yet have nothing to say that's worth hearing. Many of them claim to love their team, but they hate every player on it. Still, I feel their pain, so I don't give them too much of a hard time.

I really don't like any of the other teams in the NFC South. Saints piss me off because of all the media attention they have gotten after Katrina and they are a dirty team. Can't stand the Panthers because they always run the ball down our throats and it is so annoying to watch. Falcons have annoying fans, but they are probably the team I hate the least in the NFC South.

I dont mind the Browns at all. They are kind of the under dog that I root for. That said I think it is getting to the point where they are finally at the point to make up some huge ground in the hardest division in football and make it all the harder to win the damn thing.

I cant stand the cardiac cats, not really because of the team or even the fans (although get off Palmer, he was never very impressive and WAAAAAAY over hyped) although for the most part they are pretty cool. The reason I hate them is because I don't know what it is about the cover 2 they run that is different from everyone else but that damn cover 2 has given Flacco fits every year. I mean he can play the steelers D better than the Bengals...what gives? I think mainly because of JJ and Leaon Hall before JJ went to be a Texan.

Then Comes the Steeler's. As Hard as I try I cant hate the TEAM. Mainly because if you switch the jerseys you would not know. From teh composition of their line, to huge QB, to shifty RB's, and TE's. Then the defense's have been great since well forever. The thing I will say is that I dont mind trash talk but if you are going to talk at least be good. (lookin at you Ryan Clark) When woodley says it sure...he is a darn good player, Harrison fine, he is an all pro for a reason. Sorry Clark, Mundy, and Starks, you got no room. Everybody wanted to jump on Webb when he said something but that year he followed it up with not giving up a single TD. Outside of that the other reason I hate the steelers, is because it doesn't matter what happens neither team walks out healthy and we are both always in teh playoffs so it is shitty. And most years we are the wild card so we don't get the bye the Steeler's do, and this year it helped. This year the steelers got stunned, I don't want to say to injuries because who the hell runs zero coverage in OT but in any event it didn't help.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Jets: Truly hate them. If their team plane crashed, I'd probably laugh. :shifty:

Dolphins: Meh. I think of the Dolphins more as a bunch of lousy nuisance fucks. Can't really waste my time hating them.

Bills: Hard to hate them when they've lost 4 consecutive Super Bowls and haven't gone to the playoffs since the late 90s lol.

They can all suck my dick.

Can't stand the Panthers because they always run the ball down our throats and it is so annoying to watch. Falcons have annoying fans...

Maybe if your team didn't suck so much taint on run defense...you wouldn't be so annoyed by them :troll: