Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

What was your teams most painful moment that you've watched?

As a Cleveland fan, I probably don't have to post - our pain is often shown on the NFL network and ESPN, we call it the Cleveland Misery Montage. I wasnt really old enough to remember the Drive and Fumble live.

Obviously the move to Baltimore.

Another was losing to the Steelers in the 2002 WildCard playoff game after having a 2 score lead with 5 minutes left in the game and Butch Davis decides it's "Prevent Defense" time. Watch the full game on Hulu.

Another bad one was Bottlegate. I was there, but I didnt throw anything.

And yet another was the Rudd helmet fuck up. Fast forward to 2:45.

We've even had some painful drafting, like trading up to get Brady Quinn or Montario "Brokenknees" Hardesty

Dude, I could fill up an entire post with simply moments from this past year, but especially this one:

Do I even need to post it? It was preceded by one of my favorite moments ever too..

From 4:27 to 6:30 Is probably the biggest emotion switch I've ever felt.

The Bert Emanuel (non)Catch

I know there's an unspoken agreement Bucs fans don't mention this, but in the spirit of the thread I gotta.

2004 Monday night Colts comeback vs the Bucs

Other mentions are the 2008 game against the Panthers when Angel and Stewart shredded us on the ground, leading us to a losing skid that knocked us out of the playoff race, and the back-to-back playoff loses to the Eagles in 2000 and 2001.

The Bert Emanuel (non)Catch

I know there's an unspoken agreement Bucs fans don't mention this, but in the spirit of the thread I gotta.

2004 Monday night Colts comeback vs the Bucs

Other mentions are the 2008 game against the Panthers when Angel and Stewart shredded us on the ground, leading us to a losing skid that knocked us out of the playoff race, and the back-to-back playoff loses to the Eagles in 2000 and 2001.

The MNF games against Indy and Carolina were the first 2 games that came to my mind when I saw this thread.

This is the first one that comes to mind. Highest high to lowest low and took away playoff chances.

This one as well, for obvious reasons.

AFC Divisional Playoff game in San Diego, Chargers vs Patriots.

Marlon McCree intercepts Tom Brady on 4th down, tries to run with it, only to be stripped by Troy Brown and the Patriots have a new set of downs and go on to score, and later win the game by a field goal.

This was extra painful because I was there

As a Dolphins fan... every season lol

As a Marlins fan... Losing Miguel Cabrera in the off season

As a Heat Fan... Losing the 2011 NBA Finals to the Mavs

Watching Rodney Harrison seal the Super Bowl on an INT.

Watching Rhonde Barber take it to the house to close down the Vet

Watching us get absolutely CRUSHED against the Seahawks when we retired Reggie's number shortly after his passing

Getting blown the fuck out by the Cowgirls the last two games of the year.

Watching Brian Dawkins finish his career in Denver.

not necessarily in that order lol. Browns fans, us in Philly, we feel your pain.

First game I ever went to. Expected to see the Steelers throttle the Broncos, but instead I got to see some of the worst coaching I've ever seen. The Steelers came out in some of the most retarded defensive sets in the world and Isaac Redman ran for 121 yards with a 7.1 average, yet Bruce Arians abandoned the run and fucked us. ZERO pass rush all game, tons of injuries, and Tim Tebow threw for over 300 yards on 10 completions. What makes it worse is that the dipshit refs missed an illegal formation call on the winning pass.

I was sick as FUCK the entire week leading up to and during the game. Had a gut feeling that the game wouldn't go as I hoped.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Joseph Addai walking into the endzone with a minute left to complete the comeback for the Colts in the 2006-07 AFC Championship game. Pats led 21-3 at one point during that game. Brutal, brutal loss.

Honorable mentions to the Giants' last drive of SB XLII, and Wes Welker dropping that pass in SB XLVI. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Brett Favre lobbing an INT to Corey Webster in overtime at home against the Giants in the NFCCG.

My heart sank, and was easily the most depressing sports moment ever.

I am not one to make crazy, "What If" statements... But I often wonder what would have happened if Brett doesn't throw that game away.

Could have changed everything.

Aaron Rodgers getting stripped by the Cardinals in the playoffs a few years ago was pretty painful as well, but to a much lesser degree.

I refuse to watch either of those plays ever again. I haven't seen the Webster INT since it happened live and maybe a couple times on Sportscenter or whatever the week following.

*snip*

That second game didn't actually happen, you know.

I mean, that would require the Browns to score 39 points in one game, which as we all know, is quite impossible. :p

OT: Probably Kasay kicking the ball out of bounds in SB 38. I just felt like we lost it right at that point.

Pretty much what Shotgun posted. That call pretty much cost us a shot at the superbowl that year. All those experts were talking about how the Rams were going to kill us. That Defense was amazing that year, if we had anything on offense we wouldve rolled the Rams.

When Titans playd Chargers and were up 17-3 in the 4th. Chargers scored and made it 17-10 and got the ball back. On fourth down Rivers threw it to Chambers who didnt make the catch , bcuz it hit the ground as he try to bring it in but they ruled in it a catch and didnt review it. Chargers tied it up and won in OT. Titans DOMINATED THEM the whole game. We lost on a bad call on that catch and i remember being so pissed off bcuz at that time Young was the QB and we finally were going to beat the Chargers. Hanyesworth DESTROYE Rivers the whole game, got him so mad LT didnt sit next to him on the bench. Loved that, hated the end feeling, bullshitt.

Watching Rodney Harrison seal the Super Bowl on an INT.

Watching Rhonde Barber take it to the house to close down the Vet

Watching us get absolutely CRUSHED against the Seahawks when we retired Reggie's number shortly after his passing

Getting blown the fuck out by the Cowgirls the last two games of the year.

Watching Brian Dawkins finish his career in Denver.

not necessarily in that order lol. Browns fans, us in Philly, we feel your pain.

Sums it up about well. Worst one for me personally was Matt Bryant's 62-yard FG. It wasn't a very relevant game for the playoff chase, but it sucked because I was there.

Interception thrown by Hasselbeck in superbowl, which came right after a negated pass to Jeremy Stevens by a "holding" call, which would have set up first and goal. After throwing the intercepetion, Hasselbeck was given an unnecessary roughness penalty by "going low" on the tackle of the ball carrier.

Edited by BC

Hiring Josh McDaniels, Blowing a 3 game division lead with 3 games to go the year before... basically the entire McDaniels saga counts.

- Romo's botched hold vs Seahawks (lolGramatica as well)

- being knocked out by the Giants as the #1 seed at home

- losing to Philly 44-6 in the last game of the season to decide who goes to the playoffs.

In that order.

The MNF comeback by the Colts. I remember sitting through that game live and to this day I don't like talking about it or remembering it ever happened.

Derrick Brooks retirement was hard to swallow. He is my all time favorite Buc and it really hit me hard when it was time for him to call it quits.

If he would have made the XP we would have gone to OT with a playoff spot on the line.

TJ Houshmanzadeh dropping the perfect 4th down throw from Joe FLacco that costed us a playoff game to the Steelers.

Lee Evans drop that would have gotten us to the SB.

Mark CLayton dropping a 4th down catch that him in the numbers that lost us a game to the Pats.

All of them were pretty sickening to watch.

The Bucs never played the Colts on MNF until this past season, I don't know what you guys keep talking about. :shifty:

The final month of the 2008 season was rough, to go from potential first round bye to missing the playoffs completly. It led to the firing of Gruden, purging of veterans. Just a massive turnover in the organization. Only some FO people and a handful of players (Barber and our offensive line minus Nicks pretty much lol).

This past years' 10 game losing streak was tough to watch, but by the time we lost 4 in a row I had pretty much accepted the season was a lost cause, it made me numb to the pathetic showings every week.

From this year: Watching Jay Cutler get injured and ending all chances for a playoff berth when we were ready to take the conference!

From all time: Watching Da Bears lose the Superbowl to PEYTON MANNING of all people!

Losing the NFC championship game in 2004 against the Eagles.

The entirety of the Falcons 2007 season...going 4-12...losing Mike Vick...hiring Bobby Petrino...just a huge mess.

Losses against the Cardinals, Packers, and Giants each hurt..moreso the Packers especially since we beat them at home during the year.